Plz help! parent migration and sponsorship

rache76

Hi All,

I am hopefully going to be sponsoring my parents to come out to Oz. I'm really confused about it all, after reading about the Assurance of Support too.

I have been in Oz for almost 2 years, so by the time they apply I will have been here for 2 years.

Is their any financial criteria that I have to meet, if their is, would my husband be able to sponsor my parents?

It's just all so mind boggling and I have confused myself big time.

Thanks to anyone who replies.

Rachel :arghh:

Guest JoanneHattersley

How many children do your parents have and where do they all live please?

Thats the firdt hurdle! Known as the balance of family test

I sponsored my parents for a CPV. Happy to help at any time!

Hi All,

I am hopefully going to be sponsoring my parents to come out to Oz. I'm really confused about it all, after reading about the Assurance of Support too.

I have been in Oz for almost 2 years, so by the time they apply I will have been here for 2 years.

Is their any financial criteria that I have to meet, if their is, would my husband be able to sponsor my parents?

It's just all so mind boggling and I have confused myself big time.

Thanks to anyone who replies.

Rachel :arghh:

Hello Rachel,

As long as your parents meet the other requirements for a parent visa (Balance of Family test etc) and their sponsor (you) is settled in Australia then they should be able to apply for one of the parent visa's (there are a few).

The Assurance of Support can be provided by anyone - they do not have to be related to the applicants at all. The Assurer will need to meet financial criteria in order to be the Assurer but the criteria is not excessive.

I hope this helps clear up the confusion.

Feel free to PM me if you need further information.

Regards

Thanks for your replies,

Mum and dad have two children, (me and my sister) we are both residing in Oz on a permenant visa (skilled visa) mum and dad are currently in the UK.

They do not have means of affording the CPV, so we are looking at the choices of the other visas.

I am a little concerned about the sponsorship as I do not work, I am at home with the children, but my husband earns a relatively good wage, so i was wondering if I had to show any financial proof or if it would be ok for to use the income from my hubby.

Thanks again for your help

Rachel

Thanks for your replies,

Mum and dad have two children, (me and my sister) we are both residing in Oz on a permenant visa (skilled visa) mum and dad are currently in the UK.

They do not have means of affording the CPV, so we are looking at the choices of the other visas.

I am a little concerned about the sponsorship as I do not work, I am at home with the children, but my husband earns a relatively good wage, so i was wondering if I had to show any financial proof or if it would be ok for to use the income from my hubby.

Thanks again for your help

Rachel

Hello Rachel,

It is fine to use husbands income to to meet the sponsorship requirements. It sounds like they meet the BoF test as well.

Please check your Personal Messages.

Regards

Archived