register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest cah103

Which beach - Coogee or Bondi

Guest cah103

Hi, I am moving to Sydney in two weeks with a working holiday visa as I'm 29 this is the last chance...basically I want to move to either Coogee or Bondi and I need some pro's and con's for them both to weigh it up properly. My friends back home have raved about Coogee but my friend who I am going with has a boyfriend in Bondi. I really want a community beach / travelling feel with a lot of fun, good night life...good people and transport. Can anyone help in making this decision easier?

I think Coogee is nicer and has a nice community feel too. Bondi is busy and you'll meet more brits there. It is backpacker central, personally I'd get fed up with it 24/7. they are not far away from each other and the cliff top walk between the two is lovely. You'll enjoy wherever you go. Good Luck!

jane, david and dudley x

:hug:

Guest lpool1210

hi there am off to melbourne in oct then travelling could you let me no what its like when u get settled cheers

Hi, I am moving to Sydney in two weeks with a working holiday visa as I'm 29 this is the last chance...basically I want to move to either Coogee or Bondi and I need some pro's and con's for them both to weigh it up properly. My friends back home have raved about Coogee but my friend who I am going with has a boyfriend in Bondi. I really want a community beach / travelling feel with a lot of fun, good night life...good people and transport. Can anyone help in making this decision easier?

Lived nearly a year on Bondi. most fantastic year of my life. But I think you'l do better going Cogee. These Days it has a much better feel about the place. out of the two it has more going for it.

Hope you Have a fantastic time what ever you do ..

John

Happy people make dreams come true, miserble people just moan.

Guest PosmMagic

Have lived in Sydney most of my life, including 2 years in Bondi. Have been to Coogee twice. It's a kind of a "why bother" kind of place. IMHO you would only live in Coogee if you can't (for whatever reason) live in Bondi, Bronte, Tamarama or even Clovelly.

It's just that much further out of the way to make going out a hassle.

Just my personal opinion, but to me it just lacks buzz.

Guest glyndale

Bondi is better. Coogee's nice but Bondi has more of the buzz, vibe and a better amosphere. Lots of ex-pat/backpacker poms live in both suburbs.

Bondi Junction has a major train/bus interchange, buses from the city to Bondi Beach run 24 hours, 7 days a week (Routes 333 and 380). Coogee's transport not so good.