Bridging visa and work restrictions!?

Guest jimdom

Guest jimdom

Hi guys i hope all is well with everyone! Angie and I are in Oz on a student visa with Angie being the one studying. Her diploma is nearly finished, the 900 hours work experience are done, certified by the TRA, and we are looking into applying for our permenant residency. Its all quite confusing really! We have work restrictions, 20 hours a week ect. When we get our bridging visa are we both only allowed to work 20 hours a week still? Really need money as after 2 years we have none left and would just love to be able to work full time. Saw on immi website that you can apply for bridging visa which allows full time work if you show financial hardship but a friends immigration agent says we cannot do this. Any advice on this or ANYTHING to do with the application will be appreciated as we cannot afford our own immigration agent.

Thanks guys have a good one!

jim

Guest D4nnyB0y

I was given the impression that you are NOT allowed to work whilst on a bridging visa. My advice would be to verify this with DIAC as they are ultimately the people who police it and will know for sure

Guest Nickyblue

Hello

I was on the bridging visa (between my WHV and Spousal) and I was allowed to work to the same restrictions as my previous visa.

Hope that helps

Nic

Guest pippa1

Hi there

YOur partner can work full time from date course finished. Your student visa will not expire until its original end date so the restrictions 20hours for you will apply until then. You then have unlimited work rights on Bridging visa A.

I am currently on Bridging visa A and both of us work full time...this information was confirmed by my agent and DIAC.

Good luck...hope you have a job on the CSL otherwise you are in for a long wait with me!

x

Guest jimdom

not on csl so a long wait i'm afraid, thanks.

That was what i'd thought but had heard otherwise so really pleased to hear from someone in the same boat.

Thanks

jim

Archived