Dunstable Downs Picnic Update

Which dates can you make for the picnic?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which dates can you make for the picnic?

• Sat May 5th
    • Sun May 6th
    • Sat May 19th
    • Sun May 20th
    • Sat June 2nd
    • Sun June 3rd
    • Sat June 29th
    • Sun June 30th

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ya Leane

We havent got PiO T-shirts either yet, not really had time to sort em yet. Do have T-shirts with 'No Worries' on em though which we bought in oz which we'll wear on the day. Probably covered by thick fleece and poxy waterproof knowing british weather eh!

Perhaps wear something yellow and/or green or a balloon :unsure:

Have got fair bit of info on courses for international students (NSW and QLD) along with websites and a good company that offer specific help free of charge (they get paid by the colleges/uni's) so if l can help just shout or PM me, will be glad to help.

Lyn x

Hi ya all

Sam - that saturday is at the end of half term down this neck of the woods. Callum hasnt decided for sure yet although l reckon he will as seems to agree would be good to meet some others his age who are about to undertake the same thing even if they will all live hours away from each other. Thankfully he doesnt dance at weekends (unless theres exams). Full on with GCSE's from the Monday onwards though so l think that is what may stop him as they have not given them any exam leave and as he dances for 3 hrs a nite mon to fri, the weekends are the only time he's got. Look forward to seeing ya though! :yes: and everybody else :yes: :yes: , will be really good to put faces to names!

Lyn x

Hi Lyn

Its good its the last weekend that means no dance but I'd forgot about their exams starting on the Monday.

Not sure how much revising she would do anyway, if I left her at home on the Sat, and shes always got Sunday!!

Dont worry about Callum not having any study leave, as its just an excuse to have a lie in and go shopping with ya mates (imho)!

Better off at school.

Quite looking foeward to it now, think I need something new to wear though, dont you?

I havent got my Poms T-shirts yet either.

See you all soon Sam xxx:yes:

Guest The Baggo's

Hi everyone! Would love to come along. Is the date still June 2nd? Any idea of how to get directions if possible! Many thanks The Baggo's

Guest kimdownie

Hi guys

We are definatly on for the 2nd and really looking forward to it. Thanks soo much felicity for doing all the organising, maybe you could organise good weather as well!!!

(dont have PiO t-shirts, so what is the dress code?)

see you all there

Kim Phil and girls xx

I have a very nice pink poms in oz t-shirt on its way which I shall wear but only so you all know who I am!!!!

As for knowing which group of people to associate with, look out for the aussie flag bunting which we will be hanging up along the footpath. We have selected our spot already - not too far from the car park, toilets or refreshments. It is also a pleasant spot for kite flying but of course I have booked pleasant weather with him upstairs so sunscreen is going to be a must.

Looking at the numbers I think we are going to have a fab time - will bring my camera so we can also post some photos in the gallery!!!!

Felicity:wubclub:

Guest leanneandmark

Was gonna see if we can get some auzzie rugby shirts for the boys, my eldest has declared noooo i can't betray england rugby!! Might sew an England and Aus one together

(well, me being Mark, all those years in army he's pretty good with a needle an thread :laugh: )

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi all:wub:

Just wanted to bring this post back to the top!

Only 2 weeks now til our PIO Picnic! Really looking forward to meeting you all!

Cheers,

Rachel x :jiggy:

Rachel thanks for flagging this thread up again!

We have been for another reccie and think we may have come up with a wet weather plan. We found a hungry horse pub restaurant on Church St in Dunstable. If you are travelling from MK on the A5 turn left at the major traffic lights in the centre of Dunstable, if travelling from London on the A5 turn right. If you are travelling from Luton it is on the left just after McDonalds and the retail park.

We would also like to add a small disclaimer - the menu looked ok, the prices were reasonable, it looked quite spacy but as to the quality of the food and the poshness of the place we take no credit - we didn't go that far!

Will post closer to the date with a reminder for directions and will also tell you about the flags and signs to look out for.

Guest donovan
Rachel thanks for flagging this thread up again!

We have been for another reccie and think we may have come up with a wet weather plan. We found a hungry horse pub restaurant on Church St in Dunstable. If you are travelling from MK on the A5 turn left at the major traffic lights in the centre of Dunstable, if travelling from London on the A5 turn right. If you are travelling from Luton it is on the left just after McDonalds and the retail park.

We would also like to add a small disclaimer - the menu looked ok, the prices were reasonable, it looked quite spacy but as to the quality of the food and the poshness of the place we take no credit - we didn't go that far!

Will post closer to the date with a reminder for directions and will also tell you about the flags and signs to look out for.

Hiya Felicity

I know the Hungry Horse really well and honestly think with the locals and our lot it would be too small to accomodate us all, the Highwayman Pub is a much better option as it has ample room, has a good menu family friendly and also had hotel attatched. It is as you get to main lights in Dunstable from North you go straight over and follow the A5 and it is on your left hand side.

wait to hear from you

Sarahx

Guest steve110

So for those of us coming down who are slightly more than a few miles away,are we going to have to ring you for the local forecast?

Can just see us turning up with laden picnic hampers,and it pissing down and being sat in a pub ..........

Guest steve110

No offense to anyone on here,but i know where i"d rather be ....... Oz or dunstable ....hmmmm hard choice .... not ........

Archived