Ronnie Biggs Released From Jail

Guest proud2beaussie

Guest proud2beaussie

Great Train robber Ronnie Biggs released from prison sentence - Times Online

Ronnie Biggs, the Great Train Robber, is to be released from his prison sentence tomorrow on “compassionate” grounds, the Ministry of Justice has announced.

The decision comes after Jack Straw, the justice minister, received reports from doctors on the condition of Biggs, who is in poor health in hospital after suffering severe pneumonia.

Mr Straw said he had made the decision after considering the medical evidence, which stated that his condition is unlikely to improve. He said : “On July 1 I refused Mr Biggs’ release on parole. These two decisions, however, involved different considerations.

"I made the decision to refuse parole principally because Mr Biggs had shown no remorse for his crimes nor respect for the punishments given to him and because the Parole Board found his propensity to breach trust a very significant factor”

Just my two cents here and others may disagree but I reckon it's about time too,

this man is no threat to society and when you can kill someone and get 15 years these days as has happened recently,then I think it's fair to say,again just my opinion that Biggs has paid a high enough price for his crimes.

I in no way excuse his actions or his crimes but I think he has paid his debt to society.

I hope he is able to have the rest of his life with his family.

Guest proud2beaussie

Biggs was a crim no doubt about that,and as I said his crimes can't be excused but there are much more dangerous people still on the streets IMHO.

Archived