Guest pakistan

Guest loveneverdie

helo everyone , i applied for spouse visa in august 2009 and now the immegartion will call me soon for interview, could anybody tell me how this interview would be and wat will they ask

pls reply as i need to know

Guest Laiba

Hi!I got my visa approval letter yesterday!:D After exactly 7 months and 27 days of my acknowledgement.Finally,the long wait is over.My intial entry has to be before 05-08-10.Good luck to everyone else here:)

• 2 months later...

Hi Sobia I am also new to this forum..my husband is in Pakistan and I am an australian citizen, my husband sent his application through courier and we got our acknowledgement letter after 2 months ( after emailing about it) we processed our papers in june 2010 and the acknoledgement letter says that the "minimum waiting time has changed to 12 months" well it sounds like its going to be a very long wait!! my husband its been 3 months now and they havent asked for a medical yet!!

i applied around 1st june this yr...they said processing time is between 7 to 12 months...did they say ur MINIMUM time is 12? they asked for my medical end of july...whose the case officer? rabia mushtaq?

Yeah it said the minimum waiting period is 12 months! they didnt tell us anything about a case officer yet, i am guessing he still doesnt have one? how long after did u get a case officer and wen did u get ur acknoweledgment? are u a pakistan citizen?? this is not fair why do i have to wait for 12 month!!

i got my acknowledgment letter after 2 months in which they asked for medical also..if they further extended the processing time it means ur husband wud be asked for medical probably after 3 months of lodgement of application..yeah im pakistani ciitizen and my husband is australian citizen....

• 4 weeks later...
hi......is there anyone around who has applied for partner visa from pakistan in 2010?

Hello everyone, im new to this form..... i'm studying in Netherlands and i have applied for prospective marriage visa on 28july 2010 in Berlin office. my CO was assigned last week i did send all the required documents along with character and medical examination report. i got email from my CO last week and she asked me for FORM 80. Can anyone share their experience about form 80 please ????

thanks..........

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ShahidAli

Hello, I am new to this forum. Thank you everyone who shared their experiences regarding partner visas.

I am a permanent resident in Australia and awaiting a decision on my family (my wife & son)'s visa. My application was received by Bangkok Embassy on 31-Nov-2009. In their acknowledgement letter they asked me to provide additional documents including police certificate and medicals which were received by them on 15-Jan-2010. They gave me an estimated time frame of 6 to 9 months for processing of the application.

However it is over 10 months since the lodgement date. I contacted the embassy and received no reply Which is a very panic situation for me. I am now going to contact Ombudsman department of Australia which is responsible for investigating complaints against Australian government's departments.

I believe this is unfair to Pakistanis that they are taking such a long time for processing of Family/Partner visa cases. I would say that whatever excuses they give for such long delays is illogical and unjust.

I urge all who are affected by DIAC's unfair treatment, to lodge your complaints with Ombudsman and register your protest against this discrimination.

You may further get information about this department at:

What we do - Commonwealth Ombudsman

Their contact details are at:

Contact us - Commonwealth Ombudsman

I wish good luck to all who are awaiting their family/partner visas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ShahidAli hopefully your family will get there visa soon, i know its not fair for people in Pakistan the processing time is tooo long..my husband has done his medical and renewed his criminal clearance..now its the waiting game..another letter he got stated that the waiting time is between 7 to 12 months but the Acknowledgement letter stated over 12 months waiting..we have completed form 80 and the medical was completed beginning of this month after it was requested on th 22nd august.

i read in the old threads that you initial entry is based on the expiry of the criminal clearance or the medical..is this true?? and my husband states that his criminal clearancecertificate doesnt have an expiry date at all? are they only valid for 6 months or 12 months? good luck to everyone

Guest ShahidAli

Thanks Amain. At least we can help each other by giving hope to each other during these unjust delays :)

Anyway, regarding Police Clearance Certificate's expiry I would like to share information about my own case where my police certificate was expired i.e. the certificate was over 12 months old during the processing of my GSM visa application. The Police certificate expiry time duration is 12 months as per DIAC rules regardless of the expiry duration on certificate.

In spite of that I was granted visa with initial entry time frame of 6 months from the date of visa grant. i.e. It depends upon the case officer and he/she can grant you visa even if the Police certificate is expired.

The other thing I would suggest that you can bring your husband in Australia on visit visa which is processed in 6~8 weeks and granted for upto 12 months. You just have to inform your (Partner Visa Processing) case officer that your husband is in Australia on visit visa and then at the visa grant time, your husband may go back to Pakistan for grant of PR.

hello everyoAll you guys hav to do is wait especially those who have been waiting after the expiry of the processing times and police clearances!!!My acknowledgement letter stated 6 to 9 months n my visa came after 10 months and 21 days n my police clearance was expiring 9 days after that so my initial entry date was extended by the case officer by 2 months on her discretion...so as easy as it might sound rite now, you guys hav to wait!!!i know its hard...but having gone thru the excruciating experience and impatiently checking my email everyday,thats wat i have realized...u will get ur visas soon!!!n then it hardly takes 3 or 4 days to get the passport stamped...so relax n pray!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Thanks for the advice Anusha..yeah i have realised that as well..hopefully time will fly by fast and my husband will be here soon!! wat confuses me is on my acknowldgement letter it states the wating time is 12 months minimum, another letter they sent for the medical request stated the wating tim was 9-12 months! im just learning how to be patient we have submitted everything they need..prayer is the only answer now! :smile: goood luck everyone

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shanzee

Dear All,

I am new in this waiting queue, I m from Karachi and I have applied for 309 visa in Australian embassy bangkok in october 2010.I have recieved acknowledge by email but its a simples acknowledgement and it didnt mention any case officer niether did it says any thing about medicals and form 80. Any one who applied after 1st october 2010 please share his/her expereince, if he/she has got acknoeladgement and assigned Case Officer.

I request all the members from paksitan who applied for 309 visa to post thier lodgement date and issuance of visa date when they get visa. It will help next comming applicant to get an idea about the current time line.

Regards to All Waiting and Succesfull Candidates :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Any Progress report.... Any one got visa who applied in 2010?

Yup, MashAllah i got my visa on 15th of this month. I applied in feburary 4th 2010. My initial entry is before 27th januarary2010 inshAllah. My husband Complaint about my visa officer in the first week of october2010 she was trying to took almost a year to finalize my case so he complaint at( feedback@immi.gov.au) about her bad/ careless attitude towards my case. So the embassy took step and grant me visa Alhumdullilah.The department of immigraton in australia process my case as a priority as my case has been delayed unnecessarily. And one thing more My dawarani also got her visa for australia she applied in march 2010 and the visa was granted to her in october2010 .

InshAllah everything goes well for all of you. Best wishes for everyone.

Guest ShahidAli

Asslam-alaikum brothers and sisters,

I got my wife's visa granted today. The visa application date was 31-Nov-2009. They requested further documents and acknowledged to receive the same on 15-Jan-2010. However I observed one thing that they don't have fair standards for processing applications in their Bangkok embassy.

They gave me an estimated timeframe of 6~9 months and they were not willing to grant visa even after a year and until I recently lodged a complaint against them to DIAC's Global Feedback Unit.

Mine and sister Rabia's experience of lodging complaint with DIAC is same. Therefore I suggest anyone whose visa is being delayed to lodged their complaint with DIAC at:

Contact Us – Compliments and Complaints – Department of Immigration and Citizenship

At least this complaint mechanism works :)