Guest pakistan

On 10/05/2021 at 11:50, British said:

Thank you so very much ...I'm going to do this today thank you for your help much appreciated 

Hi there, congrats on the visa grant. I see you got the 309 just recently.

Did you write a letter requesting the 100 visa in the end or not bother? We're in a similar situation although only a few months in (everything submitted) so I'm just wondering if it's worth doing to see if it speeds things up at all. Really hoping we don't have to wait 16 months for our decision!

4 hours ago, Bartletts said:

Yeah, think we'll just leave it too. We're not in any mad rush really but would just be nice to be able to make some sort of plan.

Good luck with it all.

I agree with you,  good luck I'm sure it won't be long now 

On 16/06/2021 at 14:41, Mike G said:

When u apply through agent than time frame down automatically coz i see most people get their visa 1n over year coz they apply through agent . My one also take 13 months think about it. I share my personal experience 

It is through agent. 

I didn't use an agent I just made sure u gave then exactly what they asked for ...mine came through in sixteen months and u applied at the worst time Feb 2020....then covid hit .....my hubby been out if Oz for more than 365 days in ten years so that put two months in it as he needed a UK  police check.....but otherwise it's quite straightforward just be honest .....save your money and do it yourself I'm no technical whizz far from it and I managed 

• Like 1

On 15/06/2021 at 01:14, fali said:

12+ months still waiting from Germany😔

Are you German? Most European nationals have a really quick processing time, even from Russia, if all the documents are in order.

Also what is important is how long you have been together before applying. I think, I could be wrong, but if you have been married less than one year and you have not known each other long, then they will look at your application in a lot more detail and also wait for it to drag out, so people don't do these VISAs quickly.

6 hours ago, Mitho said:

Anyone receive grant from Amman office?

I havent seen any recent grants from Amman apart from Devops - who received their grant in May.

I had received RFI on 28th Feb2021, to which i replied with all documents on 8th April. But they haven't come back since then. 

Saw a recent article for Amman's processing times, and they ranged from 19 months to 28 months. I just hope they improve on their processing times, and we dont have to wait long.

1 hour ago, Aamehz said:

I havent seen any recent grants from Amman apart from Devops - who received their grant in May.

I had received RFI on 28th Feb2021, to which i replied with all documents on 8th April. But they haven't come back since then. 

Saw a recent article for Amman's processing times, and they ranged from 19 months to 28 months. I just hope they improve on their processing times, and we dont have to wait long.

I am waiting for my husband visa for last 17 months 

I am waiting for a visitor visa for my wife for >7 months. Currently, we are in our 8th month, which is according to the global processing timeframe is the maximum. Does anyone have any idea how can I push them to finalize the visa? We are waiting for a 309 visa as well (Amman office). Thanks all for your support

On 22/06/2021 at 09:19, Popdude said:

I am waiting for a visitor visa for my wife for >7 months. Currently, we are in our 8th month, which is according to the global processing timeframe is the maximum. Does anyone have any idea how can I push them to finalize the visa? We are waiting for a 309 visa as well (Amman office). Thanks all for your support

Even i have similar situation to you... I had applied for my visitor visa in March 2020 (thats more than a year now).. and its still showing processing. I had read somewhere that you need to contact home affairs as well as some other organisation - to apply for exemption. They issue the visitor only if the reaons are compelling and compassionate. I am sorry, i cant find the link at the moment (will share it once i find it). I didnt apply for the exemption yet, because i was busy with my work in UAE.

When did you apply for 309? I applied in September 2020 from UAE, but my application is being processed in Amman.

5 minutes ago, Aamehz said:

Even i have similar situation to you... I had applied for my visitor visa in March 2020 (thats more than a year now).. and its still showing processing. I had read somewhere that you need to contact home affairs as well as some other organisation - to apply for exemption.

If you applied for a visitor visa without applying for a travel exemption, it will just sit in the system and never be approved.    

You can try applying for the travel exemption now, and you must quote the reference number from your visa application.  

9 hours ago, Marisawright said:

If you applied for a visitor visa without applying for a travel exemption, it will just sit in the system and never be approved.    

You can try applying for the travel exemption now, and you must quote the reference number from your visa application.  

Thanks for the helpful information. I will apply for an exemption soon, and hopefully will get my visa.

I have another query though, is it correct that you need compelling/compassionate reason to apply for an exemption? 

Edited by Aamehz

4 hours ago, Aamehz said:

Thanks for the helpful information. I will apply for an exemption soon, and hopefully will get my visa.

I have another query though, is it correct that you need compelling/compassionate reason to apply for an exemption? 

For a partner wishing to enter Australia with an Australian citizen, I believe not

On 25/06/2021 at 20:08, Aamehz said:

Even i have similar situation to you... I had applied for my visitor visa in March 2020 (thats more than a year now).. and its still showing processing. I had read somewhere that you need to contact home affairs as well as some other organisation - to apply for exemption. They issue the visitor only if the reaons are compelling and compassionate. I am sorry, i cant find the link at the moment (will share it once i find it). I didnt apply for the exemption yet, because i was busy with my work in UAE.

When did you apply for 309? I applied in September 2020 from UAE, but my application is being processed in Amman.

Thanks for your reply.

I applied for PMV300 on 25 August 2019 and got married on 8 October 2020 then changed the visa to 309 on the 25 of December 2020. I think they will not start the count again for the 309 visa change. Visa application from Egypt

I agree with @Marisawright you need to get the exemption for your visa to be processed.

20 hours ago, Banu said:

It's almost 20 months I applied my visa on oct 2019 (PMV 300) 

RFI -FEB  23

PPC-JAN 2021

MEDICAL EXAMINATION -JAN 2021

Is it compulsory to get the exemption for my visa to be approved 🤔

Hey Bany, I believe they no longer process PMV300 as it is a temporary visa. If you can get an exemption, then there is a good chance. 

On 28/06/2021 at 04:31, Popdude said:

Thanks for your reply.

I applied for PMV300 on 25 August 2019 and got married on 8 October 2020 then changed the visa to 309 on the 25 of December 2020. I think they will not start the count again for the 309 visa change. Visa application from Egypt

I agree with @Marisawright you need to get the exemption for your visa to be processed.

Thanks for the helpful replies. I do intend to apply for exemption, but while reading the instructions it mentioned, that i need to apply for exemption atleast 2 weeks but no more than 2 months before your intended date of travel. I am slightly confused with this sentence. I cannot plan travel unless i have visa - since i will have to wrap up everything here in UAE, which i intended to do once i receive visa. 

Have you applied for the exemption yet? If yes, was your request approved?