Guest pakistan

My partner and I applied for my 309 subclass 100 visa on April 9th 2019.

We had a request for further documentation on January 23rd 2020 which we supplied within weeks, and we haven't heard anything since. It's so frustrating - 20 months of waiting and we haven't heard anything since January. Is anyone else finding this? 

My partner is Australian, I'm from the UK. We've been together for 9 years, were due to get married summer 2020 but has been postponed until 2021. 

Does anyone know if there's anyone to call or check in with? 

Covid has held so many visas up, it was put on hold however it seems to be moving now ..slowly but moving ...my hubby's in Oz & I'm.in the UK ...my first wedding ann on Saturday ...it's so frustrating ....but it is slowly moving ....airports & borders opening ...just need covid vac sorted to get back to normal...let's hope it soon 

33 minutes ago, British said:

Covid has held so many visas up, it was put on hold however it seems to be moving now ..slowly but moving ...my hubby's in Oz & I'm.in the UK ...my first wedding ann on Saturday ...it's so frustrating ....but it is slowly moving ....airports & borders opening ...just need covid vac sorted to get back to normal...let's hope it soon 

Hopefully everything will be good 

Woww congratulations to everyone who has been granted their visa. I have submitted all documents and the latest document was biometrics which I submitted on 16th November. But I have not yet been assigned a CO. I asked my agent and they said no news yet. Can anyone relate? How long does it to be assigned a CO? 

1 hour ago, Kamila said:

Woww congratulations to everyone who has been granted their visa. I have submitted all documents and the latest document was biometrics which I submitted on 16th November. But I have not yet been assigned a CO. I asked my agent and they said no news yet. Can anyone relate? How long does it to be assigned a CO? 

Hello dear,After submission of rfi we are waiting for the response and how you done the biometrics? Please let me know . Thankyou 

Edited by Mitho

1 hour ago, Kamila said:

Did you apply from Dubai office? Unfortunately it will take a very long time be assigned a case officer as Dubai office is 6-7 months behind. I know of people who applied from Dubai (afghan applicant) who are waiting 24 months with no case officer assigned 😔. It’s been almost 20 months for me with no case officer assigned. Send me a personal message and I can add you to Facebook messenger group of other afghan waiting for 309

1 hour ago, Mitho said:

Hello dear,After submission of rfi we are waiting for the response and how you done the biometrics? Please let me know . Thankyou 

My partner did his biometrics in Karachi. We had to book online. I didn’t get rfi - I just front loaded all my documents

44 minutes ago, Alina11 said:

Did you apply from Dubai office? Unfortunately it will take a very long time be assigned a case officer as Dubai office is 6-7 months behind. I know of people who applied from Dubai (afghan applicant) who are waiting 24 months with no case officer assigned 😔. It’s been almost 20 months for me with no case officer assigned. Send me a personal message and I can add you to Facebook messenger group of other afghan waiting for 309

Thanks Alina. Just sent you a message. Have you also submitted all your documents? It really is longer process for Afghans I can tell 😩

1 hour ago, Kamila said:

Thanks Alina. Just sent you a message. Have you also submitted all your documents? It really is longer process for Afghans I can tell 😩

Yes we front loaded our application with medicals and did biometrics within 2 months. But still we are waiting after 20 months ☹️. When did you lodge? 

37 minutes ago, Alina11 said:

Yes we front loaded our application with medicals and did biometrics within 2 months. But still we are waiting after 20 months ☹️. When did you lodge? 

That sucks really 

i lodged March2020. I have always been really optimistic. Before lodging my agent promised that it won’t take longer than 1 year and now she herself says the dep is not processing offshore applications 

So stressful and disappointing 😞

27 minutes ago, British said:

I sent everything's  in, medicals police checks,  in Feb 2020 and I havnt got case officer yet however some peeps have got there 309 without being notified they have case officer ....

After submission of rfi we are still waiting for their response it’s already one month gone 

1 hour ago, British said:

The only notification I received  was they received my medical which was finalised & cleared  and awaiting a case officer ....

It's crazy as we had no notfications and had not finished uploading evidence and we got both the 309 and 100 back to back in 7 weeks.

1 hour ago, BigJoe said:

It's crazy as we had no notfications and had not finished uploading evidence and we got both the 309 and 100 back to back in 7 weeks.

You were indeed super lucky. I’m starting to believe that it really depends on luck. 
Once again congrats 🎉 

• Like 1

A friend of mine hasn't had any notification of the case officer assigning. Similar is the case with my wife's application. I can't see any notification. We have had the biometrics and medical both done on 4th November 2020. There has not been any update. 

3 hours ago, Kamila said:

You were indeed super lucky. I’m starting to believe that it really depends on luck. 
Once again congrats 🎉 

I think our application was pretty clear cut though, together for 24 years and married for 14 years and both children being Australian citizens. Plus all my brothers and sisters living down under. 🙂

Maybe that's why it went through so quickly.