Guest pakistan

58 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Why do you think applicants with an agent should be faster?   All applications go in a queue.  There is not a special, faster queue for applications with agents!  

The job of an agent is to make sure your application is perfect, because if you have mistakes in your application, it causes delays. 

Maybe in your country, government officials will give you special attention if you are constantly ringing up, asking them to hurry.   Australians are different - we do not like it when people are pushy and demanding.   An Australian official is more likely to think, "This person is annoying.  He thinks he is special and superior and expects me to jump when he calls. Well, I will teach him a lesson - I will put his application aside and make him wait even longer."  So you see, your agent is wise if she is not constantly contacting Immigration making trouble.

Thanks for telling this I was about to ask my husband to ask agent for update now I will keep quiet and wait 🤫🤫🤫🤫

Just to update you all my DOL is 23 August 2018.

My wife received an interview call yesterday(No communication/generic email received before this call). They asked usual questions to verify if our relationship is genuine. family/siblings details, my work details and how our relationship got started at first place etc

Furthermore as i have just done Nikkah only, they asked about when we are planning to do the rukhsati and if we can upload any evidence of preparation done in this regards,

At the end Interviewer said if we need any documents we will ask otherwise you can get the decision anytime.

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Why do you think applicants with an agent should be faster?   All applications go in a queue.  There is not a special, faster queue for applications with agents!  

The job of an agent is to make sure your application is perfect, because if you have mistakes in your application, it causes delays. 

Maybe in your country, government officials will give you special attention if you are constantly ringing up, asking them to hurry.   Australians are different - we do not like it when people are pushy and demanding.   An Australian official is more likely to think, "This person is annoying.  He thinks he is special and superior and expects me to jump when he calls. Well, I will teach him a lesson - I will put his application aside and make him wait even longer."  So you see, your agent is wise if she is not constantly contacting Immigration making trouble.

I guess you are being judgemental and reaching conclusions too fast. Hang on.

I said my personal opinion/ suggestion/ feel  is application with migration agent take relatively longer than you apply yourself.  

And which queue are you talking about? There is no queue, application are dealt on case to case basis. That's why some people are delayed with visa application, and  most of people got visa in approximately 12-15 months recently. 

From online forums,  nearly all of people applied in Islamabad got visa, from jan, feb, march 2018 applications. So one can conclude the agent is reason for delay.  But this is not fact and can't be. That was my personal observation. 

I hope Australian embassy works acvording to legislation. Not as bias as you are saying.  And they provide reason for rejecting with legislation references. Not there on job to teach lessons or morals. 

Migration Agents are professionals working in industry,  so hoping they are wise we hired them paying high fees. And migration agent says we shouldn't contact them unless global processing times passes.  Which sounds logical and convincing that's why we are not pushing them to write to AHC islamabad  (eventhough we feel in heart otherwise)until current 20 months benchmark passes and hoping for grant by then anyway. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Totally wrong. There are SLA's and KPI which were strictly followed .. no one can just put a task aside only because S/he is annoyed ... may be in your Country people do this but no one in Australia, That's for sure ... why i know this? because i am familiar with the practice and work within same environment. 

@applicants Please note there are multiple factors which CO consider and they go through those case by case ... every application is different... if you think you want to make an official complaint then Please do ... No one will be annoyed .....

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hawar19Jan said:

I guess agents are useless unless you need serious help. AHC islamabad doesn't respond because they says ask your agent to email.  Migration agent just keep telling stories to avoid extra bit of work. Because they've taken all the payments. 

My application is still in progress,  don't know how should i deal with this migration agent. 

I many time think to take over myself,  but i paid agent $3500. And she is useless.  In real i see people with no migration agent get visa faster on average but not all. (Just my observation)

I did my skilled independent immigration and then partner visa myself. I didn't hire an agent as I think they're just there if your case is complex and/or you're too occupied to prepare your application by yourself. If this is not the case, then I think it's just a waste of money.

I did take consultation on my Partner visa from a well known MARA agent and the agent gave me some good advice as well one wrong advise/feedback as well. This left me with an experience that being a MARA agent doesn't mean your case is perfectly presented to the immigration.

Anyways, I wish you and others good luck.

9 hours ago, Hawar19Jan said:

I guess agents are useless unless you need serious help. AHC islamabad doesn't respond because they says ask your agent to email.  Migration agent just keep telling stories to avoid extra bit of work. Because they've taken all the payments. 

My application is still in progress,  don't know how should i deal with this migration agent. 

I many time think to take over myself,  but i paid agent $3500. And she is useless.  In real i see people with no migration agent get visa faster on average but not all. (Just my observation)

Useless is wrong word. I will say not worth amount we pay to organize application. They did organized my documents and uploaded, but no help in preparing application, for example no help in writing statements, i had to search online "what is needed to include statement". They did provided me with a checklist to send them whatever documents i can.

As Lilly said, having a consultation on occasions would've been better option. 

But i have chosen a path , its better for me to stick to it.