Jump to content
Guest pakistan

Timeline (309-Spouse visa) applied in May?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

This is regarding two supporting witness statuary declaration required from Pakistan (Not Form 888 from Australian Citizens).

We're are providing two from my wife's side and two from my side. I'm sponsor and my wife is applicant.

My question is: Should we ask the supporting witness to mention their mobile number at the end of stat declaration (stamp paper) so that CO can contact them if any further information is required? 

Thanks

Lilly


 

  • DOL: 24 Feb 2018. 309 visa
  • Additional docs requested: 22 Nov 2018
  • Interview call: 13 May 2019
  • Additional docs requested 13 May 2019
  • PCC (origin country of) Sponsor requested from birth to to-date: 22 May 2019
  • Uploaded PCC on 2 June 2019
  • Visa granted: 21 June 2019. - 309 visa

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition to the above query, also I want to tell that one of our supporting witness has written statuary declaration in Urdu. So I believe we have to translate it in English, but am not sure from where we can get this translation done? Are there any authorized translator for immigration purposes?

Thanks again.

Lilly


 

  • DOL: 24 Feb 2018. 309 visa
  • Additional docs requested: 22 Nov 2018
  • Interview call: 13 May 2019
  • Additional docs requested 13 May 2019
  • PCC (origin country of) Sponsor requested from birth to to-date: 22 May 2019
  • Uploaded PCC on 2 June 2019
  • Visa granted: 21 June 2019. - 309 visa

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is general timeline for 309 applicants in Pakistan these days? How long is visa grant taking for majority? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lilly23 said:

In addition to the above query, also I want to tell that one of our supporting witness has written statuary declaration in Urdu. So I believe we have to translate it in English, but am not sure from where we can get this translation done? Are there any authorized translator for immigration purposes?

Thanks again.

Lilly

Yes definitely get it translated in English. Get it done from your local kachehri. There's loads of document translators in every kachehri in the country.

Re: mobile phone of the witness, it wouldn't matter either way. I got my witnesses to write their numbers anyway because it looked more legitimate that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dr.samra said:

What is general timeline for 309 applicants in Pakistan these days? How long is visa grant taking for majority? 

Looking at last few months, general timeline  seems 9-11 months for pakistani applicants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While waiting for my 309 visa, i applied for my parents visit visa thinking they can go with me to drop me off. They got 1 year visit visa today with multiple entries. They have not been to Australia before. Should i apply for visit visa for myself as well as embassy seems generous these days regarding visit visas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Andy_ said:

Yes definitely get it translated in English. Get it done from your local kachehri. There's loads of document translators in every kachehri in the country.

Re: mobile phone of the witness, it wouldn't matter either way. I got my witnesses to write their numbers anyway because it looked more legitimate that way.

Thanks Andy.


 

  • DOL: 24 Feb 2018. 309 visa
  • Additional docs requested: 22 Nov 2018
  • Interview call: 13 May 2019
  • Additional docs requested 13 May 2019
  • PCC (origin country of) Sponsor requested from birth to to-date: 22 May 2019
  • Uploaded PCC on 2 June 2019
  • Visa granted: 21 June 2019. - 309 visa

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dr.samra said:

While waiting for my 309 visa, i applied for my parents visit visa thinking they can go with me to drop me off. They got 1 year visit visa today with multiple entries. They have not been to Australia before. Should i apply for visit visa for myself as well as embassy seems generous these days regarding visit visas.

Parents' tourist visa is a whole different ballgame. If there's one visa category where Australia is lenient, it's this case. Having said that, I don't see any harm in trying for a tourist visa yourself. In the worst case, you will lose Rs. 20K and get a rejection. It won't affect your 309 application.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dr.samra said:

While waiting for my 309 visa, i applied for my parents visit visa thinking they can go with me to drop me off. They got 1 year visit visa today with multiple entries. They have not been to Australia before. Should i apply for visit visa for myself as well as embassy seems generous these days regarding visit visas.

Wow thats great news! Congratulations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually they applied as tourists  and to meet their son-in-law. My name wasn’t mentioned anywhere so technically it wasn’t parents tourist visit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr.samra said:

Actually they applied as tourists  and to meet their son-in-law. My name wasn’t mentioned anywhere so technically it wasn’t parents tourist visit. 

They might have mentioned your name in the question where they ask what members of the family are not traveling with you to Australia. Even if they didn't, it's very easy to collate this fact from the information they hold about you from your visa application, CNIC numbers, addresses, son-in-law's information, etc.

Either way, older people who have strong ties to Pakistan by way of work/property/family are way less risky to them than younger people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi mates

 

filing visa for my 2nd wife(first 309 application was withdrawn) , while filling our the online 309 form , I get the following: 

Partner visas sponsors may be subject to sponsorship limitations if they:
previously sponsored another partner applicant in the last 5 years
previously sponsored 2 (or more) partners in their lifetime
were granted a partner visa in the past 5 years
hold a Women at risk visa (204) (for less than 5 years)
hold a Contributory parent visa (for less than 5 years)

The applicant may wish to review the information on the departments website regarding partner sponsorship eligibility prior to continuing with this application.
 

 

Should I just ignore/bypass this warning? Or does the limitation apply to me?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. You had only applied once before so this applies to you only if 2 or more times sponsored before. 

2. It will only count after you have successfully sponsored not the withdrawn applications . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hawar19Jan said:

1. You had only applied once before so this applies to you only if 2 or more times sponsored before. 

2. It will only count after you have successfully sponsored not the withdrawn applications . 

thanks mate , shud be Ok to proceed and file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard anything recently? Seems to have gone awefully quite in terms of grants here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saadc said:

Has anyone heard anything recently? Seems to have gone awefully quite in terms of grants here. 

Christmas season mate!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MianSb said:

Christmas season mate!!

Wish mine kicked off this early in the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/10/2018 at 18:03, Saadc said:

Has anyone heard anything recently? Seems to have gone awefully quite in terms of grants here. 

No bro. I have still been waiting since May 2017 for my wife n kid visa. Could you or anyone suggest me what to do in regard to such a horrible delay. I have been emailed them numerous times. More or less the same generic email all the times like application is under mandatory checks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jibran said:

No bro. I have still been waiting since May 2017 for my wife n kid visa. Could you or anyone suggest me what to do in regard to such a horrible delay. I have been emailed them numerous times. More or less the same generic email all the times like application is under mandatory checks. 

I just got email and the same thing 17 months well within time 90% applicants will get visa and blah blah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, MianSb said:

I just got email and the same thing 17 months well within time 90% applicants will get visa and blah blah

When did you get the email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/10/2018 at 15:23, saleemk said:

thanks mate , shud be Ok to proceed and file?

Your first application was withdrawn so the limitation does not apply. 

Go ahead and file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MianSb said:

I just got email and the same thing 17 months well within time 90% applicants will get visa and blah blah

My wife application is in the starting of 18 months now. 17 months was completed on 22nd of October 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jibran said:

My wife application is in the starting of 18 months now. 17 months was completed on 22nd of October 2018.

Was your kid born after your wife’s 309 was applied? Or you applied for both of your wife and kid together? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×