Guest pakistan

On 20/10/2018 at 18:26, Andy_ said:

Don't read too much into your application status. My wife's status remained "Initial Assessment" until the day she got her decision. I thought it would change to "Further Assessment" after the interview/medicals/PCC/additional documents, but it never did.

Re: Polio Certificate, make sure you get the yellow vaccination card from WHO. That's the only acceptable proof of polio vaccination.

Hi Andy where is WHO in Karachi any ideas?

8 hours ago, Mu'mina said:

Hi Andy where is WHO in Karachi any ideas?

There is no office of WHO. I meant make sure the hospital you get vaccinated from issues you a WHO vaccination card. It's yellow in colour and has your CNIC/Passport number on it. Usually only 2 or 3 government hospitals per city issue this. I would recommend going to the biggest government hospital in Karachi and inquiring there.

6 minutes ago, Andy_ said:

There is no office of WHO. I meant make sure the hospital you get vaccinated from issues you a WHO vaccination card. It's yellow in colour and has your CNIC/Passport number on it. Usually only 2 or 3 government hospitals per city issue this. I would recommend going to the biggest government hospital in Karachi and inquiring there.

Thanks. Also does anyone know if I can opt to get the AFP as a PDF document rather than posted..?

15 minutes ago, Mu'mina said:

Thanks. Also does anyone know if I can opt to get the AFP as a PDF document rather than posted..?

Yes I know the answer again :). After you've ordered the certificate online, send the 3rd party that handles this correspondence business for AFP and ask them to send you a PDF copy. Their email address is: AFP-NationalPoliceChecks@converga.com.au. You will still get a hard-copy at the provided address.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MianSb said:

Bhai why would you wish that anyone who has applied should get irrespective of when they applied. Think positively for everyone.

It was just my thought that people applied in 2017 get their visa now, those couples have already waited long enough. I mean to say people who applied earlier than us (jan 2018  applicants) get their application processed first. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawar19Jan said:

It was just my thought that people applied in 2017 get their visa now, those couples have already waited long enough. I mean to say people who applied earlier than us (jan 2018  applicants) get their application processed first. 

I have been waiting patiently too since May 2017 for my wife 309 visa. Don't know what's going on. Departmental checks not cleared blah blah blah. Allah make mercy on us and everyone here.

• Sad 1

On 14/10/2018 at 15:27, pktoaus said:

Hi All,

Just received attached response from AHC Islamabad.Not sure if anyone of you had the same reply. We have been waiting for grant for 10 months now.
Appreciate your response.

ad5c6123-a9fd-4496-8b19-053a180209f1.jpg

Hey, did you hear any update on your application??

Hi,

This is regarding two supporting witness statuary declaration required from Pakistan (Not Form 888 from Australian Citizens).

We're are providing two from my wife's side and two from my side. I'm sponsor and my wife is applicant.

My question is: Should we ask the supporting witness to mention their mobile number at the end of stat declaration (stamp paper) so that CO can contact them if any further information is required? 

Thanks

Lilly

In addition to the above query, also I want to tell that one of our supporting witness has written statuary declaration in Urdu. So I believe we have to translate it in English, but am not sure from where we can get this translation done? Are there any authorized translator for immigration purposes?

Thanks again.

Lilly

8 hours ago, Lilly23 said:

In addition to the above query, also I want to tell that one of our supporting witness has written statuary declaration in Urdu. So I believe we have to translate it in English, but am not sure from where we can get this translation done? Are there any authorized translator for immigration purposes?

Thanks again.

Lilly

Yes definitely get it translated in English. Get it done from your local kachehri. There's loads of document translators in every kachehri in the country.

Re: mobile phone of the witness, it wouldn't matter either way. I got my witnesses to write their numbers anyway because it looked more legitimate that way.

While waiting for my 309 visa, i applied for my parents visit visa thinking they can go with me to drop me off. They got 1 year visit visa today with multiple entries. They have not been to Australia before. Should i apply for visit visa for myself as well as embassy seems generous these days regarding visit visas.

21 hours ago, Andy_ said:

Yes definitely get it translated in English. Get it done from your local kachehri. There's loads of document translators in every kachehri in the country.

Re: mobile phone of the witness, it wouldn't matter either way. I got my witnesses to write their numbers anyway because it looked more legitimate that way.

Thanks Andy.

7 hours ago, Dr.samra said:

While waiting for my 309 visa, i applied for my parents visit visa thinking they can go with me to drop me off. They got 1 year visit visa today with multiple entries. They have not been to Australia before. Should i apply for visit visa for myself as well as embassy seems generous these days regarding visit visas.

Parents' tourist visa is a whole different ballgame. If there's one visa category where Australia is lenient, it's this case. Having said that, I don't see any harm in trying for a tourist visa yourself. In the worst case, you will lose Rs. 20K and get a rejection. It won't affect your 309 application.

7 hours ago, Dr.samra said:

Wow thats great news! Congratulations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr.samra said:

Actually they applied as tourists  and to meet their son-in-law. My name wasn’t mentioned anywhere so technically it wasn’t parents tourist visit. 

They might have mentioned your name in the question where they ask what members of the family are not traveling with you to Australia. Even if they didn't, it's very easy to collate this fact from the information they hold about you from your visa application, CNIC numbers, addresses, son-in-law's information, etc.

Either way, older people who have strong ties to Pakistan by way of work/property/family are way less risky to them than younger people.

hi mates

filing visa for my 2nd wife(first 309 application was withdrawn) , while filling our the online 309 form , I get the following: 

Partner visas sponsors may be subject to sponsorship limitations if they:
previously sponsored another partner applicant in the last 5 years
previously sponsored 2 (or more) partners in their lifetime
were granted a partner visa in the past 5 years
hold a Women at risk visa (204) (for less than 5 years)
hold a Contributory parent visa (for less than 5 years)

The applicant may wish to review the information on the departments website regarding partner sponsorship eligibility prior to continuing with this application.

Should I just ignore/bypass this warning? Or does the limitation apply to me?

5 minutes ago, Hawar19Jan said:

1. You had only applied once before so this applies to you only if 2 or more times sponsored before. 

2. It will only count after you have successfully sponsored not the withdrawn applications . 

thanks mate , shud be Ok to proceed and file?