Guest pakistan

3 minutes ago, Zeeshoo said:

Hmm that’s the first time I’m seeing this email so not sure about that but I’m guessing you will be hearing from them soon. Interview and then the golden email soon ?

Thank you for giving me hope and I hope it will be soon enough as me and our 4 children are struggling without him I was looking at this email and it a bit wired but I hope for a good news soon

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am really upset and stressed about this whole visa 309. This application is for my husband. I am a Australian Permanent resident. Application done in Australia but processing center is South Africa. It's been more than 14 months and we have not heard anything. Police checks and medicals done. Really struggling here and my poor husband is depressed and always sick because of this separation. I flew to see him in June this year and now we still wait. Timeline is below.

DOL: 30th June 2017

medicals done in july 2017

2 tourist visa rejected: one in august 2017 and another in february 2018

police checks done in june 2018

medicals again in june 2018

No news till now, no calls or interview date. 

I am so worried and so is my husband. Our marriage anniversary is 2 years this october.

Please if anyone has some advise.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi Tochika

This stuff is not for the faint hearted and I know how you feel. I was lucky to get mine granted in ten 10 months.  

Reading your thread it would seem that you medicals and police clearances have expired by now. Are you dealing with an agent? Have you contacted immigration Pretoria?

Im asking because i used an agent and in some instances i had to call Pretoria because my agent wasnt getting back to me in time. 

Yes missA my husband got new medicals and PCC done too. But I am guessing he will need to do it again as it only lasts 3 months. I just don't understand this delay. Anyway to answer your question, i used a migration agent here in Australia and they are so slow and not helping. I don't know who to call in Pretoria and the website only has an inquiry form. Just just reply your application is within timelines. 

Is there a number to call? Agent said they won't take calls.

8 minutes ago, tochika said:

Yes missA my husband got new medicals and PCC done too. But I am guessing he will need to do it again as it only lasts 3 months. I just don't understand this delay. Anyway to answer your question, i used a migration agent here in Australia and they are so slow and not helping. I don't know who to call in Pretoria and the website only has an inquiry form. Just just reply your application is within timelines. 

Is there a number to call? Agent said they won't take calls.

Medicals and PCC ar evalid  for 12 months not 3.

I see noted on that. 

Can I ask a personal question here. Is age an issue with visa 309. I mean if there is a gap. But we have proved our relationship with financials and chats and photos. Even my recent trip to visit him and his family and attending family functions, funeral,etc

1 hour ago, tochika said:

Hello Nemesis,

My husbands PCC shows on it that it last for 3 months. His PCC is for 2 countries. One is valid for 12 months from Malaysia and another is only 3 months from Nigeria.

1 hour ago, missA said:

and a South African PCC lasts for 6 months.

For Australian Immigration purposes they will be considered valid for 12 months by the Dept of Home Affairs.

Hi, anyone here who applied for a family sponsored visa 600, while already having applied for a spouse visa? How do you notify the department that you are applying for the second one? What are the chances of family sponsored one getting approved?

On 14/09/2018 at 15:04, AZS said:

Hi, anyone here who applied for a family sponsored visa 600, while already having applied for a spouse visa? How do you notify the department that you are applying for the second one? What are the chances of family sponsored one getting approved?

Hey. You just mention in the application form that you have already applied for a subclass 309 visa (if you wish). Do not apply for a subclass 309 visa if your wife hasn't been overseas before or doesn't have a job when she is currently living as it dramatically reduces the chances (I think overseas travel is more important). I had my subclass 600 family sponsored refused primarily due to not demonstrating strong financial roots and no prior overseas travel (my wife is in uni so unsure how I could prove otherwise) 

6 hours ago, famakki1 said:

Hey. You just mention in the application form that you have already applied for a subclass 309 visa (if you wish). Do not apply for a subclass 309 visa if your wife hasn't been overseas before or doesn't have a job when she is currently living as it dramatically reduces the chances (I think overseas travel is more important). I had my subclass 600 family sponsored refused primarily due to not demonstrating strong financial roots and no prior overseas travel (my wife is in uni so unsure how I could prove otherwise) 

Thank you for the reply ? It is mentioned on the home affairs website that we need to notify them. Should I mention it in the invitation letter that have also applied for the spouse visa? Sorry to hear about your refusal ? Me and my husband both will attach our bank statements. What do you think should the average bank balance be for them to approve it? 

15 hours ago, AZS said:

Thank you for the reply ? It is mentioned on the home affairs website that we need to notify them. Should I mention it in the invitation letter that have also applied for the spouse visa? Sorry to hear about your refusal ? Me and my husband both will attach our bank statements. What do you think should the average bank balance be for them to approve it? 

I am unsure how much bank balance should be shown. Depends on your stay duration. I guess 6000 is a safe bet for the sponsor. For the applicant, depends on your status. If you are working, then payslips and latest statement should suffice. Refer to the document list for best guidance. (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/600-/Visitor-visa-(subclass-600)-Sponsored-Family-Stream-document-checklist)

34 minutes ago, famakki1 said:

Hey. I also applied for my wife from Islamabad. My timeline is almost identical to yours.

Applied: 17 Dec 2017

Email received: 18 Jul 2018

No call received yet as well. I will update if I do. Please update if you as well.

Your 9 months have just concluded. I hope your wife gets a call today so that we can get some indication around if its still taking approximately 9 months in processing applications from Pakistan. Please keep us posted if you get a call!

When you received that email on 18 July, did it also show up on the immi account?

40 minutes ago, Saadc said:

Your 9 months have just concluded. I hope your wife gets a call today so that we can get some indication around if its still taking approximately 9 months in processing applications from Pakistan. Please keep us posted if you get a call!

When you received that email on 18 July, did it also show up on the immi account?

Hey. No immi account was not updated. I did read somewhere maybe in this thread or elsewhere that this email doesn't show up in immi account. Immi account only shows updates for official communication (e.g. application received) or further information requests from case officer apparently.

Yes two months since that email will elapse by tomorrow (although I am counting weeks and it is currently the 9th week, quite a brutal wait I must say :/)

Sure will keep it posted here

Hey. I also applied for my wife from Islamabad. My timeline is almost identical to yours.

No call received yet as well. I will update if I do. Please update if you as well.

Thanks 

is there any way we can send message each other?

hi every one .. I had applied for my wifes309 offshore on 20 july2018, i am in australia and through an agent in brisbane,, i want to check the status of my wifes application, i know that i can import the file in my immi account, but it says this type of file cannot be imported, is their any other way to check the progress of the application. Thanks in advance.