Guest pakistan

1 hour ago, Saadc said:

My wife applied from Islamabad in January 2018. Has anyone who applied in January been contacted by the high commission yet? We haven't even received the generic email requesting documents yet.... 

Wait , soon you will get one generic email and after that it will take approx 3 month if you are lucky. And your case is a normal case.

On 30/08/2018 at 11:08, Jibran khan said:

Wait , soon you will get one generic email and after that it will take approx 3 month if you are lucky. And your case is a normal case.

Thanks. I don’t believe our case is complicated so fingers crossed we receive that email soon! 

We all know that after 1st of July changes come to the time limit of cases... I have lodged my case on 20th of June 2018... as before 1st of July the process of cases took shorter time... so do so belong to new changes or older one which take less time ? Thanks 

1 hour ago, MnMA said:

as stated before, these timelines are just an estimate that how much was waiting times for the applications approved in current month and this estimate is based on global processing. each High commission have different timelines based on their work loads. 

I have filed my application around same time as yours and hope that it will be processed and approved within a year (as most of the applications from AHC Islamabad takes less than a year or so)

Well I did not submit my documents from Islamabad but I am in Islamabad, I have a lawyer and she lodged all my documents online from Australia... everything is done, just waiting for Interview... Insha Allah, Insha Allah, Insha Allah hopefully I will get my visa Insha Allah... perhaps submitting from Australia through a lawyer may take less time than from Islamabad... 

11 minutes ago, MnMA said:

The lawyer will file application online and it will be sent to applicant's local visa office where applicant is residing (if you are living in Pakistan then AHC Islamabad). 

@MnMA 309 visa application processing office doesn't depend on the residing country of the applicant hence it depends on the nationality of the applicant. At the time of lodgement i was in Malaysia. I travelled back to Australia on my other visa. Contacted AHC Islamabad for biometrics and they arranged an appointment for me here in Melbourne. 

46 minutes ago, Hido said:

Hi all finally l got my visa today l can’t explain how load moved away from my shoulders l hope you all get your visas soon .

all the best 

dol: 26/08/2017

grant : 03/09/2018

Congrats man,

Do you get any last date of travel? When did you give your medical?

Just wondering to those who have got the interview. How do they contact you guys? Will they pre-arrange a time over email or will they just randomly call and you need to pick up the phone there and then?

My timeline so far:

DOL: 17/12/2017

All docs submitted including biometrics/medicals: 15/01/2018

Generic email: 18/07/2018

Uploaded missing docs as per generic email: 13/08/2018

--

Also, I uploaded a couple of other docs after the above date... does uploading documents later push you back in the queue? I don't think so but what do you guys think?

Filed in Islamabad, Pakistan

On 04/09/2018 at 02:25, Zeeshoo said:

Congrats man,

Do you get any last date of travel? When did you give your medical?

It was in january but l am Australia already ?just arrived last night and l did medical in feb 2017 

Edited by Hido

7 hours ago, famakki1 said:

Just wondering to those who have got the interview. How do they contact you guys? Will they pre-arrange a time over email or will they just randomly call and you need to pick up the phone there and then?

My timeline so far:

DOL: 17/12/2017

All docs submitted including biometrics/medicals: 15/01/2018

Generic email: 18/07/2018

Uploaded missing docs as per generic email: 13/08/2018

--

Also, I uploaded a couple of other docs after the above date... does uploading documents later push you back in the queue? I don't think so but what do you guys think?

Filed in Islamabad, Pakistan

They call you and potentially your partner without warning. They call from this phone number: 051-8355500. Best to save it in your phone so you know who's calling when the phone rings.

No, uploading docs after the date makes no difference to your processing. You can upload docs whenever you want up until the time your application has been decided upon.

1 hour ago, Andy_ said:

They call you and potentially your partner without warning. They call from this phone number: 051-8355500. Best to save it in your phone so you know who's calling when the phone rings.

No, uploading docs after the date makes no difference to your processing. You can upload docs whenever you want up until the time your application has been decided upon.

I thought they call from Dubai not Islamabad...

1 hour ago, Andy_ said:

Depends on what High Commission is processing one's application. For those who applied from Pakistan will have the Pakistani HC call them.

But my lawyer lodged my documents from Australia, and I live in Islamabad, will I still get a interview call from Islamabad ? Or Dubai? And what time do they usually call? 

1 minute ago, Sadia said:

But my lawyer lodged my documents from Australia, and I live in Islamabad, will I still get a interview call from Islamabad ? Or Dubai? And what time do they usually call? 

It doesn't matter where the agent or the applicant accessed the website from to submit the application. The application is assigned to the country where the applicant is residing. If you are a resident of Pakistan, then the Islamabad HC will process your application. Can I ask why you think it would be Dubai? Is that where you (or your partner) live?

Yes you will get a call from Islamabad. They'll give you a choice between Urdu and English for the interview. They can call any time during the day. My wife was called at 11am and when she didn't pick up, they called again at 2pm.

2 hours ago, Andy_ said:

It doesn't matter where the agent or the applicant accessed the website from to submit the application. The application is assigned to the country where the applicant is residing. If you are a resident of Pakistan, then the Islamabad HC will process your application. Can I ask why you think it would be Dubai? Is that where you (or your partner) live?

Yes you will get a call from Islamabad. They'll give you a choice between Urdu and English for the interview. They can call any time during the day. My wife was called at 11am and when she didn't pick up, they called again at 2pm.

Well.. I am not Pakistani, I am Afghan, what is more, my sis also got married, she was in Islamabad too and she got a call from Dubai not Islamabad... btw thanks for sharing me ur interview calling time...You guys are always helpful here... Thank U...

In case of being Afghan, I don't know ? It could very well be Dubai for you. Either way, doesn't matter too much - they all follow the same procedure.

Re: the interview, go through the previous posts on this thread where many people have shared their interview experience.

• Thanks 1

Hi , 

I have recently applied for my wife's 309 visa and I am bit confused about the part about nikah/rukhsati . 

My father passed away a year ago and my mom has schizophrenia and since my father's death she is in shock. Our house was given by my father's company and since his death my mother is living with my maternal grandmother in a joint family house where her brothers and sister are looking after her due to her mental condition. My aunt and uncles arranged my marriage ceremony with one of their neighbuors daughter. Her house is 1/2 min walk from theirs .

I have been in Australia for last 6 years and have no place else in Pakistan to call my family home so my wife stayed at her place after the marriage as it was not possible for me to have her stay at my maternal grand mother house. She is also studying and would finish her studies in late Nov/Dec this year. 

I stayed in Pak for 12 days after marriage/nikkah ceremony and used to spend every day with my wife at her place and stay late night mostly while juggling between getting documents for my wife's visa and my family documents and procedures related to my father's death e.g.  sorting out my mothers pension, succession cert and looking after my mother as well. 

I have gone out to different social events with her as well both with my side of family and hers. We also have a lot of pictures of time spent together. 

The ceremony was done at a marriage hall with guests invited, barat going to hall, and the whole function happening as it normally does with the exception that the girl went back to her house. 

My question is what am I supposed to write in statement and advise my wife for interview whether or not rukhsati happened as in cultural/traditional sense there was no separate ceremony for that and she is still staying at her parents place and once visa is granted only walima/reception would happen. As for our family we consider Nikah to be the islamic marriage and there is no separation between nikah and ruksati. But due to the above mentioned reason with my mother's condition I couldn't stay overnight just late night at my wife's home and due to family/cultural issues of not being our own house I wasn't able to have her stay at my maternal grand mothers house..

After reading  a previous post on this forum from Breathe I am not sure about all this . Would visa be rejected even when I have compelling reason as to why I couldn't do a proper rukhsati and why my wife is not living with her in laws?
Should I go back to Pakistan and do a proper ruskhsati function with photos or should I just say we had marriage but due to reasons above she stayed at her place and I visited her there instead?

And If I have to go back, the thing due to project deadlines I don't have any leave grant until after mid Jan 2019. My manager is happy to write a letter with company letterhead explaining why I cant take leave until the project is finished. Would that help ?

Hi @Tabish. The principle is that you should have had a complete wedding done with no steps remaining in order for the marriage to be considered legitimate socially. When someone has had a Nikkah with the intention of doing Rukhsati/Waleema later, that is an example of an incomplete wedding. In your case, if you believe that your wedding is complete and you two are socially accepted as a married couple, then it's all good in my humble opinion. I think you should mention your unique circumstances in a statement so the visa officer knows the complete story. You two should be especially prepared for the interview as they will ask quite a few questions about this. If they don't believe you have "consummated" your marriage, they will question you about this upfront. They asked a friend of mine whether they had spent time alone together in the bedroom. Be prepared for such questions.

Another thing that will strengthen your application is visiting your wife after the wedding. If you visit her in lets say Jan-2019, that will be further evidence that this is a genuine marriage. Making trips locally or internationally will also add to the legitimacy. A trip to Murree or so would suffice.

My last advice would be to seek guidance from a registered migration agent if you're not certain about any matter. The rest of us here can only advise based on our personal experiences which are different for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1