Guest pakistan

9 hours ago, hasnat said:

Hi All,

I Lodged 309 visa for my wife 3 weeks ago. I uploaded the required documents except PCC and Medicals. PCC and Medicals i am planning to get in 5th month of lodgement as there validity is 1 year. I am confused that should i Press this button in the end of profile saying " I Confirm I have Provided information as Requested"   now or should press once i will upload PCC and medicals ?

JazakAllah
Thanks in advance

You can press now and later also you will be able to upload documents. I did same.

MY DOL: 24 FEB 2018

Timeline update 2018 

Applied from the UK for my Ecuadorian Partner 23 March 2018

Together 4 years,  married 3 years. Now have baby on the way

Submitted all necessary documentation straight away. 

Completed police reports and health checks before June. 

Current status on Immi- Received 

No contact received

Will update you all if we get any progress! As far as I can see on here, no one on the forum who applied in 2018 has been granted yet. If anyone has, can you please comment?

23 hours ago, MnMA said:

Can you please mention what questions were asked

Ful name of your partner, date of birth, common things between each other, which habit you don’t like, finance management, living arrangements.. where you going to live in Australia. Australian lifestyle knowledge how people travel to work .. what your partner do on leisure time.. on weekends..!! General talk..!!

proving that it’s a guineuine relation

On 14/08/2018 at 15:51, Usmann said:

Hello There

I am going to apply for my Partner's visa(309) and we only had done Nikkah. we have planned for the rukhsati next year after/ just before the visa application will be finalised. we have been in the long distance relationship for 4 years before our nikkah(have got the chats and other evidences). Just wondering if declaring nikkah only can effect/delay our application in any way?Anyone who got the visa recently with nikkah only? or had any similar experiences someone wanna share Please?

Thank you

Regards,

Usman

Hi Usman,

Please visit page 338 of this forum, you will see people have got there visa just on the basis of Nikkah.

Point is that you should not lie.

On 15/08/2018 at 16:08, Jillani said:

other evidences). Just wondering if declaring nikkah only can effect/delay our application in any way?Anyone who got the visa recently with nikkah only? or had any similar e

On 15/08/2018 at 16:08, Jillani said:

Hi Usman, i recommend you NOT to confuse the immigration regarding nikkah and rukhsati as they process partner visa application according to their criteria which is getting married or be in a defacto relationship for 12 months. Marriage certificate is a proof of marriage. Download partner migration booklet from immigration website and collect all the evidences before lodging your application. 

Hello Jillani

Thank you for the response. Yes you are right , there is no point of getting confused with nikkah and rukhsati. Can you suggest what should we right about nature of household than as we didn't live together obviously it was nikkah only.  

6 hours ago, PakMel said:

Hi Usman,

Please visit page 338 of this forum, you will see people have got there visa just on the basis of Nikkah.

Point is that you should not lie.

Thanks for you reply.. true there is no point of lying when you have a genuine relationship.

@Usmann My advice would be to never ever lie about Nikkah/Rukhsati. It is very easy for the department to catch this lie if they have the slightest doubt. I personally know of a couple of cases who lied about their rukhsati and they were caught and their visas were rejected. So please apply based on factual information.

My other advice would be to get the wedding done without waiting for the visa. I know there are cultural and domestic issues with having one's wife living in Pakistan with the in-laws (or maikay) while the husband is overseas. But having a consummated marriage will strengthen your application. Also, it's getting increasingly hard to predict how long the visa process will take so it's probably a good idea to get married on your own terms.

hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I just wanted to ask that when i lodged in my visa request for 309, the processing time mentioned on the website was 9-12 months. Few days back i checked it was changed to 12-16 months and now again i re checked the time frame mentioned is 21-26 months. This is stressful. Are there any cases in your circle where people who applied after Nov 2017 have received their visa?

Hello everyone this is what i received last day from immi department and its auto generated email, did any of you experience that type of mail before?

it's been 12 months n on now from apply n yeh im done with medical and additional documents required couple of months back 

any suggestions plz 

IMG_20180816_153333.jpg

2 hours ago, Amna said:

hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I just wanted to ask that when i lodged in my visa request for 309, the processing time mentioned on the website was 9-12 months. Few days back i checked it was changed to 12-16 months and now again i re checked the time frame mentioned is 21-26 months. This is stressful. Are there any cases in your circle where people who applied after Nov 2017 have received their visa?

Hi Amna, where did you apply from? Have you received the generic email requesting the completion of documents for your application yet?

The last grant I saw here was from October 17 fo if you applied sometime in Nov17 then hopefully you are not far off from bring approved

Yes it stressful for me too we applied for my husband in June 2017 no interview or anything yet we got 4 kids n been married for 4 years now and it stress me out because the kids misses their dad, traveling to see him once a year for 3 weeks not enough for them to spend time with their dad and I can't afford to travel out more offten ?

On 08/05/2018 at 23:58, oliver27 said:

Hey,

My visa was granted yesterday :)

Applying from the U.K.

Applied: 11th Feb 2018

Granted: 8th May 2018

Granted 100 visa as well :)

Want to say that this forum was very helpful to me, so thank you to all who contribute!

good for you! Any ideas if Canada has similar wait times to UK due to our relationship with Aust?

19 hours ago, Andy_ said:

@Usmann My advice would be to never ever lie about Nikkah/Rukhsati. It is very easy for the department to catch this lie if they have the slightest doubt. I personally know of a couple of cases who lied about their rukhsati and they were caught and their visas were rejected. So please apply based on factual information.

My other advice would be to get the wedding done without waiting for the visa. I know there are cultural and domestic issues with having one's wife living in Pakistan with the in-laws (or maikay) while the husband is overseas. But having a consummated marriage will strengthen your application. Also, it's getting increasingly hard to predict how long the visa process will take so it's probably a good idea to get married on your own terms.

Thank you Andy for your advice.. True , there is no point of lying when your relationship is genuine.

I would try to arrange the reception before we get the visa but i am not sure if its goona be that simple.

Can someone please help me with the following question asap?

"Has the applicant lived separately and apart from the sponsor for any periods of time since committing to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others?"

we have been in a long distance relation since start of our commitment but we never broke up.. we never lived together even after our marriage as i had to come back to Australia. So the answer would be "YES" or " NO"??

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 15:51, Usmann said:

Hello There

I am going to apply for my Partner's visa(309) and we only had done Nikkah. we have planned for the rukhsati next year after/ just before the visa application will be finalised. we have been in the long distance relationship for 4 years before our nikkah(have got the chats and other evidences). Just wondering if declaring nikkah only can effect/delay our application in any way?Anyone who got the visa recently with nikkah only? or had any similar experiences someone wanna share Please?

Thank you

Regards,

Usman

Hi Usman,

We recently had our 309 application refused - we had a marriage certificate and nikkah but no rukhsati. They cited lack of rukhsati as a significant factor for being technically married but not genuinely married. On the other hand my husband's brother and sister-in-law had arranged rukhsati before the interview call and were successful. I know a few people have had nikkah only and were successful but I think the safest option is to arrange rukhsati first as I have now heard some other cases where a lack of living together was a basis for refusal. It definitely seems a little simpler than us now waiting a year or more for an appeal. All the best with it. 

8 minutes ago, Breathe said:

Hi Usman,

We recently had our 309 application refused - we had a marriage certificate and nikkah but no rukhsati. They cited lack of rukhsati as a significant factor for being technically married but not genuinely married. On the other hand my husband's brother and sister-in-law had arranged rukhsati before the interview call and were successful. I know a few people have had nikkah only and were successful but I think the safest option is to arrange rukhsati first as I have now heard some other cases where a lack of living together was a basis for refusal. It definitely seems a little simpler than us now waiting a year or more for an appeal. All the best with it. 

Ohhh gosh , i am sorry to hear that your application got refused.. but it seems very illogical when you are legally married and have continuing relationship still they refused the application..
it doesn't make sense they make this "living together" factor as a significant factor and how it could be possible when once person is living in one country and other is living in another how could they possibly live together? 
just a question out of curiosity, did you provide them all the chats/call history when you both were away? and were your relationship was more then 12 months old before you applied the visa?

2 hours ago, Usmann said:

Can someone please help me with the following question asap?

"Has the applicant lived separately and apart from the sponsor for any periods of time since committing to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others?"

we have been in a long distance relation since start of our commitment but we never broke up.. we never lived together even after our marriage as i had to come back to Australia. So the answer would be "YES" or " NO"??

Definitely YES. Every couple spends some time apart for one reason or another - the department doesn't see it negatively. Their only concern is whether you two have been in regular contact during those times apart. As you mention you have evidence of calls/chats for those periods, you have nothing to worry about.

20 minutes ago, Andy_ said:

Definitely YES. Every couple spends some time apart for one reason or another - the department doesn't see it negatively. Their only concern is whether you two have been in regular contact during those times apart. As you mention you have evidence of calls/chats for those periods, you have nothing to worry about.

Thank You for the clarification Andy.. I took this question and period of separation in a sense of  "a temporary Break-up period".

2 hours ago, Breathe said:

Hi Usman,

Hey, so sorry to hear about your refusal, how did they find out about you rukhsati or did you mention it in your application?

Ohhh gosh , i am sorry to hear that your application got refused.. but it seems very illogical when you are legally married and have continuing relationship still they refused the application..
it doesn't make sense they make this "living together" factor as a significant factor and how it could be possible when once person is living in one country and other is living in another how could they possibly live together? 
just a question out of curiosity, did you provide them all the chats/call history when you both were away? and were your relationship was more then 12 months old before you applied the visa?

Hi Usman! Living together is completely significant factor after getting married. This is their criteria of processing partner visa applications. Living together for 4-8 weeks after getting married also make sense. They don't process application according to our culture. Better you lodged a complete application. 

Hi Guys, updates on my partner visa application. 

Date of submission : 05/10/2017

PCC AND medical : 17/10/2017

first contact : 21/05/2017 generic email with checklist of documents

interview : 10/07/2017 

visa grant : 17/08/2018

first enrty date : before 18/oct/2018

it went quite after intervoew call for over a month and i had to send an email to department, email sent on 15/08/2018 got a visa today. So, i guess i needed to remind them about my visa application. 

I wish you all for your visa application. This forum is a great platform to stay updated with visa application changes, timeline and etc. There are some very knowledgible applicants here, who had reponded to my qurries, thanks you guys. 

Edited by SZIK

8 minutes ago, SZIK said:

first enrty date : before 18/oct/2018

it went quite after intervoew call for over a month and i had to send an email to department, email sent on 15/08/2018 got a visa today. So, i guess i needed to remind them about my visa application. 

I wish you all for your visa application. This forum is a great platform to stay updated with visa application changes, timeline and etc. There are some very knowledgible applicants here, who had reponded to my qurries, thanks you guys. 

Great so happy for you ? Can you please elaborate on your case as to when was your nikkah, rukhsati done and when did you apply? as in after nikkah or after rukhsati and what did you mention in your application?

Hi Usman, 

Thanks for your condolences. Yes I agree with that it can be frustrating and I did not realise that was possible otherwise we would have arranged rukhsati before the interview/ changed our approach. I guess sometimes you learn the hard way but In sha Allah it will be worth it in the end. I also know many people have not had an issue with not having rukhsati but since it depends on the visa officer and there is either a lot of cynicism or pressure on case officers not to accept every case, I think it is better not to take the risk if you can help it, even if you have to return to Australia for work in between trips. 

Yes we provided chat/phone history. I also visited my husband in between but they did not weight it as being a married couple as we had not "consummated" our relationship and did not live in the same room (not that they'd ever know if you did or not even if you live together surely but yeah). Timewise I think you are in a much better position though in terms of time you have known each other - we had been together for four months only when we lodged the application and only knew each other for a few months more than that before deciding to get married.    

I did not mean for my post to cause distress or alarm, just something that I wish I had known earlier. 

40 minutes ago, AZS said:

Hey, so sorry to hear about your refusal, how did they find out about you rukhsati or did you mention it in your application?

Thanks AZS, In sha Allah it will all work out in the end. In all fairness it has helped strengthen us and our relationship in some ways. We did not mention it in the application but it came up in interviews - to be honest I was nervous and not prepared for the interview (something I would change in hindsight). I did not think rukhsati was relevant since we had the marriage certificate and were religiously married but that ended up being stated as a significant reason (even if that doesn't become an issue for everyone). In legal advice we sought to begin our appeal a common trend was to say when you apply for a partner visa they are looking for final stage relationships, not just marriages - there should be no conditions or steps left and you are continuing acting upon your marriage like an ordinary couple even if it's a stressful time to wait or temporarily living in different countries.

In sha Allah you are all successful in the shortest time possible and with the least distress. 

38 minutes ago, SZIK said:

Congratulations!