Guest pakistan

Hello to all,

I'm a Australian Permanent Resident, migrated to Australia couple of months ago. I'm in the middle of applying visa for my partner (309/100). Can someone share the sample of Personal statement (like social aspect, Financial aspect etc). 

2nd thing related to Affidavit, do we need to show affidavit from my partner's friend also and can be my friends make the statement from Pakistan.

My English is not that Perfect so please don't mind.

47 minutes ago, Zeeshoo said:

Has anyone noticed, they removed the “Estimated Processing Time” ???

Old and screenshots shows the difference!

CEAF0F66-7C67-42BC-A0B6-A7D6CBD8F5C4.jpeg

0425673A-26BE-4892-A432-F63B0731948B.jpeg

Yes, correct. I noticed the same thing. Strange why have they done this. May be it might come back in July. Or they have changed the rules for partner visa regarding timelines.

6 hours ago, Zeeshoo said:

Has anyone noticed, they removed the “Estimated Processing Time” ???

Old and screenshots shows the difference!

CEAF0F66-7C67-42BC-A0B6-A7D6CBD8F5C4.jpeg

0425673A-26BE-4892-A432-F63B0731948B.jpeg

Yes that correct but global processing time is still availablr on the following link and it hasn’t change i.e: 12-16 months for 309 visa. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

Hi All, new to this forum. 

Just checking if anyone has an update on their partner visa application 

Our DOL 20 Jan 18

still waiting for any contact ... processing times appear to have blown out to 13-18 months. Would love to hear if anyone has been contacted in Pakistan within the 10 month mark. 

2 hours ago, Saadc said:

Hi All, new to this forum. 

Just checking if anyone has an update on their partner visa application 

Our DOL 20 Jan 18

still waiting for any contact ... processing times appear to have blown out to 13-18 months. Would love to hear if anyone has been contacted in Pakistan within the 10 month mark. 

Yes I noticed 13-18 months on the Processing times webpage. Looks like the government is deliberately slowing down processing to cut migration numbers by 15-20% this financial year.

4 minutes ago, Romeo1313 said:

I applied from Delhi India. Have simply case but my sponsor have a second marriage that's all. 

Did your partner sponsor his previous spouse for this visa? Just checking if he fulfilled the 5-yr rule for partner sponsorships.

The call duration was 23 minutes. The person asked the questions in a very polite and friendly way so i got very comfortable as soon as the interview started. He asked about our relationship, how it developed and lead to marriage, financial support, sponsor's profession, his hobbies, about our contact, where does he live in Aus, our future plans, he confirmed all the dates we mentioned in our application forms by asking questions.

• Like 1

My wife lodged in June 2017 for partner visa and she received PR in May this year.  There was a medical but no interviews, we did however submit a pretty comprehensive story and we have plenty of evidence of a long term relationship, so i suspect they feel they didn't need to interview?  After we submitted there was radio silence from them until about February this year and we then had a bunch of questions.  The most annoying thing was that as the sponsor, they asked me to get a police check from the UK which ended up taking 2 months to arrive; i suspect the PR would have been awarded earlier if it had arrived sooner.

4 hours ago, Ssalman said:

Did the CO asked for any more documents during the interview call? Or afterwards?

After interview call we received an email requesting statement regarding rukhsati and photographs of rukhsati ceremony.

PS: we had our rukhsati ceremony just 3 days before interview, about which we had informed the interviewer during interview.

• Like 1