Guest pakistan

1 hour ago, Andy_ said:

Yes that's correct for most cases. In my case even though I have another 6 weeks until expiry of my Police Clearance, they have asked me for a new one already.

You're supposed to make first entry to oz before your police check expires. So if the visa was granted with only 6 weeks left that doesn't give you much time to organise the move. By asking you for a new police check they are actually doing you a favour as it gives you longer to enter the country

16 hours ago, Nemesis said:

You're supposed to make first entry to oz before your police check expires. So if the visa was granted with only 6 weeks left that doesn't give you much time to organise the move. By asking you for a new police check they are actually doing you a favour as it gives you longer to enter the country

Yup agree with that.

@Moji Jalinousi they sent us a medicals request after the interview. We will be scheduling the examination for next week.

• Like 1

Question to Pakistani applicants:

Do you have both an English and an Urdu Nikkahnama? We signed 2 copies of the English one during our Nikkah - one each for he bride and the groom. We did not bother with an Urdu one. Is that normal?

The reason I ask is because the AHC has asked us to provide an Urdu version of the Nikkahnama as well, which we do not have.

45 minutes ago, Andy_ said:

Question to Pakistani applicants:

Do you have both an English and an Urdu Nikkahnama? We signed 2 copies of the English one during our Nikkah - one each for he bride and the groom. We did not bother with an Urdu one. Is that normal?

The reason I ask is because the AHC has asked us to provide an Urdu version of the Nikkahnama as well, which we do not have.

well our scenario is opposit. we only signed urdu nikah nama during nikah. now we have translated our nikah nama to english. but I am wondering, do we need to sign the translated nikah nama and should we also get it signed from the witnesses??

if someone had a similar case pls respond

2 minutes ago, Ahmed Hassan said:

well our scenario is opposit. we only signed urdu nikah nama during nikah. now we have translated our nikah nama to english. but I am wondering, do we need to sign the translated nikah nama and should we also get it signed from the witnesses??

plus we haven’t received interview call yet hence don’t have any additional requirement regarding this from immigration department.

Just now, Ahmed Hassan said:

As far as I know, no you don't need to sign the translated copy. The Urdu one is your official document and you just need to get it translated and attested by a Notary public, that's all.

48 minutes ago, Andy_ said:

As far as I know, no you don't need to sign the translated copy. The Urdu one is your official document and you just need to get it translated and attested by a Notary public, that's all.

Yeah, this is my understanding too that the translation doesn’t need to be signed

On 4/30/2018 at 14:01, auz77 said:

Hey asifh15,

Sorry, to hear about your visa refusal. What was the reason on which they refused your 309 visa? Can you provide some more details.

Many thanks in advance.

Yes I certainly can. There is a clause 1.20J which has limitations on sponsorship. Between 2 sponsorships there should be a gap of 5 years. Yes you read that right - 5 years from the time of the first sponsorship application date (not the grant date). So let us say that you sponsored your wife and lodged the application in Jan 2016. After 2 years you guys broke up and you withdrew the sponsorship. so until Feb 2021 you cannot bring your  new wife/partner from overseas unless you have compelling circumstances. So unless I can climb on top of building and say I will jump if you do not agree to my circumstances being compelling, chances are your situation will not be compelling. Also if your ex departed Australia and never applied for a perm visa or any visa - that does not matter - still you have a 5 year limitation. How convenient really!. I was not aware of this until I had lodged my application. The application does not cost 2k but bloody 7k. So for me to lodge another application is very difficult. I have already spent 11k on this.  Now the AAT will come in handy as they see the application at the time of the hearing so my 5 years finished in Feb 2018 this year so I am all good now. My application will progress but I have to wait until AAT looks at my appeal. so I have the option of a fresh application which costs dearly at this time. Hope this helps.

On 4/30/2018 at 18:45, Babarehmatay said:

Hello everyone

Dol 12 sep 2017

no medical/no interview except acknowledgement letter

is there anyone on this forum who is sponsoring 2nd time to partner ????

does AHC consider 2nd sponsorship under complex category case?? 

Is anyone sponsored 2nd time and got a grant in a standard time(10 to 13 months)?

Praying for everyone who r waiting

thanks in advance

It does not matter if you are sponsoring a second time. By Law you can only sponsor 2 partners in your lifetime. so this is your last and final call mate! Also what was your first sponsorship application date? please note this is not the grant date but the date you submitted your first sponsorship application? 

50 minutes ago, asifh15 said:

Yes I certainly can. There is a clause 1.20J which has limitations on sponsorship. Between 2 sponsorships there should be a gap of 5 years. Yes you read that right - 5 years from the time of the first sponsorship application date (not the grant date). So let us say that you sponsored your wife and lodged the application in Jan 2016. After 2 years you guys broke up and you withdrew the sponsorship. so until Feb 2021 you cannot bring your  new wife/partner from overseas unless you have compelling circumstances. So unless I can climb on top of building and say I will jump if you do not agree to my circumstances being compelling, chances are your situation will not be compelling. Also if your ex departed Australia and never applied for a perm visa or any visa - that does not matter - still you have a 5 year limitation. How convenient really!. I was not aware of this until I had lodged my application. The application does not cost 2k but bloody 7k. So for me to lodge another application is very difficult. I have already spent 11k on this.  Now the AAT will come in handy as they see the application at the time of the hearing so my 5 years finished in Feb 2018 this year so I am all good now. My application will progress but I have to wait until AAT looks at my appeal. so I have the option of a fresh application which costs dearly at this time. Hope this helps.

That sucks man. I wish the 309 application wouldn't let you go forward if it recognises the sponsor does not fulfill this 5-year sponsorship moratorium. Anyway, best of luck with the review mate.

6 hours ago, Andy_ said:

Yup agree with that.

@Moji Jalinousi they sent us a medicals request after the interview. We will be scheduling the examination for next week.

@Andy that’s great ,, I prayer for you I hop you get visa soon  ,,,last week I sent the email for embassy ,, just they  told me i should be wait ,,, for the time just  check the website Immigration ,,,, 

just o hope allah help me ,, because I have strees because everyone told me  Everyone says when you will to go my family and her family ,, There is a lot of pressure on me ,, 

just I have hope I’m going soon 

now 278 dayes I’m wait no interview no medical no call from embassy or get email  for more evidence 

4 hours ago, asifh15 said:

It does not matter if you are sponsoring a second time. By Law you can only sponsor 2 partners in your lifetime. so this is your last and final call mate! Also what was your first sponsorship application date? please note this is not the grant date but the date you submitted your first sponsorship application? 

Thanks @asifh15

1st sponsorship on 1st august 2012

2nd sponsorship on 12 sep 2017

is it safe??

14 hours ago, asifh15 said:

Thanks a lot asifh15. I wish you all the very best with your application and hope things turn in your favor (& you get your grant soon).

My wife's Timeline so far

DOL: 30th June 2017

DOI: 6th April 2018 (She was in AUS on a visit Visa at that time) No additional documents requested.

She Exit the Country 16th April 2018

And now waiting for the grant.

Allah please help i'm terribly missing my wife already, please pray for me everyone and i pray all of you will get the grants soon In sha Allah.

Edited by Hasj

6 hours ago, Hasj said:

My wife's Timeline so far

DOL: 30th June 2017

DOI: 6th April 2018 (She was in AUS on a visit Visa at that time) No additional documents requested.

She Exit the Country 16th April 2018

And now waiting for the grant.

Allah please help i'm terribly missing my wife already, please pray for me everyone and i pray all of you will get the grants soon In sha Allah.

Did she get an email from the CO asking to leave the country for grant? Either way, I hope she gets the grant real soon.

Repeating my question to Pakistani applicants:

Does anyone here only organised English Nikahnamas at their wedding? We signed 2 copies of the English one during our Nikah - one each for he bride and the groom. We did not bother with an Urdu one.Now the AHC has asked us to provide an Urdu version of the Nikahnama as well, which we do not have. Has anyone experienced this?

6 minutes ago, Andy_ said:

Repeating my question to Pakistani applicants:

Does anyone here only organised English Nikahnamas at their wedding? We signed 2 copies of the English one during our Nikah - one each for he bride and the groom. We did not bother with an Urdu one.Now the AHC has asked us to provide an Urdu version of the Nikahnama as well, which we do not have. Has anyone experienced this?

I am not sure but better you talk to your local council where it was registered.

14 hours ago, Andy_ said:

Did she get an email from the CO asking to leave the country for grant? Either way, I hope she gets the grant real soon.

No She didn't get the email her visit visa was about to expire + some family commitments.

8 minutes ago, Ahmed Hassan said:

As sponsor, has anyone submitted Australian Federal Police Clearance ? If yes, have you submitted only police check or police check + finger print check ? 

Yes I have. You need to select the option shown in the attached image. This option does a Name Check only which is what's needed for DHA requirements. Finger print check is not needed.

AFP NPC.png

Edited by Andy_

On 5/2/2018 at 20:32, Andy_ said:

That sucks man. I wish the 309 application wouldn't let you go forward if it recognises the sponsor does not fulfill this 5-year sponsorship moratorium. Anyway, best of luck with the review mate.

Thanks for your wishes. Yes it sucks big time! but I am hopeful. what you are saying re application recognizing the sponsorship criteria.....this makes sense so therefore it will not be implemented - especially in immigration. Common sense is a sense which should be common but it is not common.

Hi All

DOL: 26.07.2017 

DOI: 03.05.2018

I just want to discuss that during interview the case officer insisted to submit Form 888. My wife told him that it is not applicable on me as per policy and I have already made two affidavits. 

She also responded the same in email. 

Your views please? 

5 minutes ago, Khan Salman said:

Hi All

DOL: 26.07.2017 

DOI: 03.05.2018

I just want to discuss that during interview the case officer insisted to submit Form 888. My wife told him that it is not applicable on me as per policy and I have already made two affidavits. 

She also responded the same in email. 

Your views please? 

Why do you say it's not applicable to you? Form 888 is a standard requirement for all applicants as far as I know.

I would advise that even if something doesn't seem applicable as per law, if the case officer asks for it, you must provide it. If you can't produce a document for some valid reason, make sure to provide an explanation for it. Let's not give the case officer a reason for an adverse judgement on the application.

Btw, has your wife had her medicals yet?

Edited by Andy_