Guest pakistan

23 hours ago, Xxxboy said:

Hi all

i have applied my wife visa through IMMI account in sep 2017. Before immi account says application recived. Now it’s changed to initial assessment. Anyone has any idea whats meaning of initial assessment. 

Help appricated  

Submitted Your application has been successfully submitted to the Department.
Received Your application has been received by the Department and will be assessed.
Initial assessment The application has gone through the initial checks. Please check correspondence for any additional information you may need to provide.
Further assessment The application is currently being assessed. The Department will contact you if further supporting documentation is required.
Approved For citizenship applications, this indicates that the application has been approved. In most cases, the applicant(s) will not become Australian citizens until they attend a citizenship conferral ceremony.
Finalised Your application has been decided. Refer to correspondence for details of the outcome.

On 4/28/2018 at 19:17, Andy_ said:

I often wonder about the same thing mate. It's impossible to know but if I were to guess, the system probably flags some applications as higher risk than others for which no automatic medical requirement is generated. I could be wrong though.

We applied on 30th June 2017. Full 10 months now.

or it could be a online and paperbased applications thing. I applied online and the link appear within  anhour after lodgement and we did the medicals next day.

Yes my medical was done 1 Aug 2017 and biometric embassy recived both yes i got email from embassy to provide more document 

i m little confused here do we have to upload those documents Immi  Account or   Email back to embassy 

Hi Everyone

i just want to ask if anyone on this forum has partner 309 refused and has lodged an appeal with AAT? Reason I am asking is to ser the timeline for appeals to be heard. I lodged appeal in sept 2017 and still waiting 8 months now. I know about AAT website has processing times and currently sitting at 40% completed and average time from lodgement to hearing is 365 days which is 1 year. Has anyone been through this and how long it took?

8 minutes ago, asifh15 said:

Hi Everyone

i just want to ask if anyone on this forum has partner 309 refused and has lodged an appeal with AAT? Reason I am asking is to ser the timeline for appeals to be heard. I lodged appeal in sept 2017 and still waiting 8 months now. I know about AAT website has processing times and currently sitting at 40% completed and average time from lodgement to hearing is 365 days which is 1 year. Has anyone been through this and how long it took?

Hey asifh15,

Sorry, to hear about your visa refusal. What was the reason on which they refused your 309 visa? Can you provide some more details.

Many thanks in advance.

31 minutes ago, asifh15 said:

Hi Everyone

We were told to expect 18 months to 2 years

2 hours ago, Nemesis said:

We were told to expect 18 months to 2 years

Hey Nemesis,

Sorry, to hear about your visa refusal. What was the reason on which they refused your 309 visa? Can you provide some more details.

Many thanks in advance.

Hello everyone

Dol 12 sep 2017

no medical/no interview except acknowledgement letter

is there anyone on this forum who is sponsoring 2nd time to partner ????

does AHC consider 2nd sponsorship under complex category case?? 

Is anyone sponsored 2nd time and got a grant in a standard time(10 to 13 months)?

Praying for everyone who r waiting

thanks in advance

32 minutes ago, Babarehmatay said:

Hello everyone

Dol 12 sep 2017

no medical/no interview except acknowledgement letter

is there anyone on this forum who is sponsoring 2nd time to partner ????

does AHC consider 2nd sponsorship under complex category case?? 

Is anyone sponsored 2nd time and got a grant in a standard time(10 to 13 months)?

Praying for everyone who r waiting

thanks in advance

Good luck with the application. I don't think there is any explicit indication about high-risk and low-risk applications. But if you ask me to guess, I would consider a 2nd time sponsorship as high risk.

Btw, having a complex application doesn't mean yours will necessarily be processed in a longer time frame. I have seen many examples of complex applications being finalised within the standard timeframes.

If you don't mind me asking, was your previous sponsorship application lodged more than 5 years before the current one?

Edited by Andy_

5 hours ago, MNOOR said:

Yes my medical was done 1 Aug 2017 and biometric embassy recived both yes i got email from embassy to provide more document 

i m little confused here do we have to upload those documents Immi  Account or   Email back to embassy 

Upload them into the Immi account. Some people email the docs to the embassy as well but the preferred method is to upload the docs. The case officer will see the new docs in their processing system and will review them after the 28 days period has elapsed.

10 minutes ago, Andy_ said:

Upload them into the Immi account. Some people email the docs to the embassy as well but the preferred method is to upload the docs. The case officer will see the new docs in their processing system and will review them after the 28 days period has elapsed.

Thanks  for your response @andy

yes bro andy. 2nd sponsorship is after 5 years as AHC required.

have u seen anyone who successfully got a grant on basis of 2nd sponsorship??

sorry to ask you what is complexity in your case ??as you mentioned in your past posts on this forum.

46 minutes ago, Babarehmatay said:

Thanks  for your response @andy

yes bro andy. 2nd sponsorship is after 5 years as AHC required.

have u seen anyone who successfully got a grant on basis of 2nd sponsorship??

sorry to ask you what is complexity in your case ??as you mentioned in your past posts on this forum.

I haven't seen any 2nd sponsorship cases personally but I'm sure they're processed fairly as per the law.

I'm sorry but I'm not comfortable mentioning the complexity of my case publicly :)

8 hours ago, AZS said:

Hi are we supposed to submit Form 54 got 309 visa ?

No need. I know Form 54 is listed on one of the checklists online but it is not needed as per my agent's instructions. If AHC wants it, they will ask you later.

2 hours ago, Andy_ said:

No need. I know Form 54 is listed on one of the checklists online but it is not needed as per my agent's instructions. If AHC wants it, they will ask you later.

There really is a form for everything isn't there?  As far as I can see all of that information is already in the online application for 309.  

So my wife had her visa interview yesterday - exactly 10 months after submitting the application.
The interview was conducted by a polite and courteous lady from the Islamabad High Commission. It went on for about 30 minutes. Questions spanned topics such as:
- relationship history
- current household setup
- daily routine of the applicant and the sponsor
- the sponsor's friends that the applicant is acquainted with
- interests of the sponsor
- what the applicant likes and dislikes about the sponsor's personality
- future plans of the couple
- financial situation of the couple
- employment and income details of the sponsor

Right after the interview, she emailed my wife her HAP ID and also request for more documents (polio certificate, sponsor's AFP NPC, last 3 months' photos together, last few payslips of the sponsor, last 3 months' phone/text details, 2x affidavits from friends/relatives to vouch for the relationship).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

There really is a form for everything isn't there?  As far as I can see all of that information is already in the online application for 309.  

Absolutely. A lot of these forms, especially the ones to be printed and signed, ask for information that you have already submitted as part of 309.

3 hours ago, Andy_ said:

So my wife had her visa interview yesterday - exactly 10 months after submitting the application.
The interview was conducted by a polite and courteous lady from the Islamabad High Commission. It went on for about 30 minutes. Questions spanned topics such as:
- relationship history
- current household setup
- daily routine of the applicant and the sponsor
- the sponsor's friends that the applicant is acquainted with
- interests of the sponsor
- what the applicant likes and dislikes about the sponsor's personality
- future plans of the couple
- financial situation of the couple
- employment and income details of the sponsor

Right after the interview, she emailed my wife her HAP ID and also request for more documents (polio certificate, sponsor's AFP NPC, last 3 months' photos together, last few payslips of the sponsor, last 3 months' phone/text details, 2x affidavits from friends/relatives to vouch for the relationship).

Hey Andy,

Glad to see that your application has moved ahead. Hope you get your grant soon.

One question i have. Is your wife with you? If not and if you have not been together for last 3months, how will you provide the pics to them?

5 minutes ago, auz77 said:

Hey Andy,

Glad to see that your application has moved ahead. Hope you get your grant soon.

One question i have. Is your wife with you? If not and if you have not been together for last 3months, how will you provide the pics to them?

Yes I moved to Pakistan to be with my wife until her visa grant. If the sponsor is away from the applicant, they won't ask them for such pics. Instead their focus would be on evidence of maintenance of contact on phone/text/email etc.

Hi Does anyone know that for visa grant both your Medical and Police clearance certificate should be valid?

As i have heard from multiple people that if either of them is expired AHC will ask you to renew it before making any decision on your visa.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Hasj said:

Hi Does anyone know that for visa grant both your Medical and Police clearance certificate should be valid?

As i have heard from multiple people that if either of them is expired AHC will ask you to renew it before making any decision on your visa.

Thanks.

Yes that's correct for most cases. In my case even though I have another 6 weeks until expiry of my Police Clearance, they have asked me for a new one already.