You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

pakistan

Timeline (309-Spouse visa) applied in May?

Hi everyone 

sharing my timeline 

DOL: 07.04.2017

DOI: 28.12.2017

further documents requested on the same day . 

Documents submitted : 09.01.2018

visa grant : 20.01.2018 Alhamdulilah 

This forum has been a great help . I wish everyone get their grant soon Inshallah . 

On 1/16/2018 at 08:50, AsimMalik said:

Visa granted this morning,

DoL: 22nd February 2017,
    DoI: 05 October 2017
    Additional docs submitted: 25th October 2017
    Visa granted: 16th January 2018.

Hi Asim 

can you please tell me what is the procedure to get visa stamped on the passport . 

1 hour ago, Rizvi said:

Hi Asim 

can you please tell me what is the procedure to get visa stamped on the passport . 

All Australian visas are electronic these days, they are not stamped in passports. 

7 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

All Australian visas are electronic these days, they are not stamped in passports. 

Thank you 

Make sure you have a printed copy (or two) of the visa grant letter to show immigration and airline authorities in Pakistan.

8 minutes ago, Andy_ said:

Make sure you have a printed copy (or two) of the visa grant letter to show immigration and airline authorities in Pakistan.

Thank you 

You do not need a visa sticker on your passport anymore, print your grant letter and provide it to the airline staff at the check in counters and immigration officers at an Australian airport (upon your arrival).

1 hour ago, AsimMalik said:

You do not need a visa sticker on your passport anymore, print your grant letter and provide it to the airline staff at the check in counters and immigration officers at an Australian airport (upon your arrival).

Its not that you don't need one, they don't even do them anymore. Stopped a couple of years back. You can't get one now even if you ask for it.

Hey guys. My husband lodged his application in Karachi in Nov 2017. He still hasnt been asked to do his medicals. Should we contact AHC? I sent an email and got an automated reply. What email address do they actually reply to? Pls help. 

Hey guys. My husband lodged his application in Karachi in Nov 2017. He still hasnt been asked to do his medicals. Should we contact AHC? I sent an email and got an automated reply. What email address do they actually reply to? Pls help. 

Based on current average, normally one should expect any progress or interview call between 6 to 8 months after the date of lodgement. Your husband’s application is only been lodged two months ago, so you might have to wait.

3 hours ago, Mu'mina said:

My wife applied in June 2017 and we have got no request for medical, police clearance or anything else yet.

Any Pakistani couple coming to Sydney. We can accommodate him by providing one bed room. We have a house of 3 bedroom, drawing dinning and kitchen, lawn front and rear of the house.

Hi,

My wife has applied for 309 visa from Islamabad Pakistan. We supplied all the documents & medicals but so far we haven’t had any contact from AHC Islamabad.

Her timeline is as follow:

Applied for: Partner Visa Subclass 309.

Processing Location: AHC, Islamabad.

Date of Lodgement: 15 April 2017.

Date of Interview: Not Yet

Visa Grant: Not Yet.

She also applied Visit Visa 600, which was successfully granted.

Visit Visa 600 timeline:

Applied for: Visit Visa Subclass 600.

Processing Location: AHC, Islamabad.

Date of Lodgement: 20 April 2017.

More Documents Requested: 26 April 2017

Date of Interview: No Interview was taken 

Visa Grant: 28 April 2017

Length of Visa: 3 months 

Regards,

Syed

Hey guys my wife got her visa granted today ! We are very happy ! Here is our timeline ..

date of lodgement : 12 august 2017

request for more information : 07 november 2017

medical and police check sent : 12 november 2017

phone interview : 05 december 2017

visa 100 granted : 22 january 2018

5 minutes ago, Andy Down Under said:

Hey guys my wife got her visa granted today ! We are very happy ! Here is our timeline ..

date of lodgement : 12 august 2017

request for more information : 07 november 2017

medical and police check sent : 12 november 2017

phone interview : 05 december 2017

visa 100 granted : 22 january 2018

Where did you apply from?

13 hours ago, Andy Down Under said:

beirut Lebanon

lucky to have less  waiting period 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SheldonMeldrew
        Hello, perhaps some of you fine people will be willing to offer advice on this problem for me...
        I'm an Englishman, late thirties, I met and fell for an Australian divorcee in England 3 years ago (although we never officially lived together). Her father has cancer, so, one year ago she flew back to Australia to stay. She had been in England for a long time and had settled here, married and had kids with another English guy. 
        Anyway, I was talking to Agents about visa applications until she said don't bother, she had spoken to a member of staff at the Embassy in Sydney who told her this: We can apply for a spouse visa while I'm in Australia, all I need is to bring at least $1600 and show that I have been working and have no major character history or health issues. We can then get married later this year. 
        Oh, and I could go into work soon after arriving for her brother's company. (Although I quibbled and doubted all this).
        Still with me? Cool. 🙂
        I'll get to the point, my fiancee said I won't be allowed to stay if the immigration customs border protection people (I'm not sure what to call them!) see that I have not been working regularly and have been moving from one job to another in 2017 (I had held jobs down for years prior to 2017) my trade is in Health and Social Care. It's not on the SOL list. I'm not a nurse or anything, just a support worker/healthcare assistant type of guy.
        So, my question is...Does every single person entering Australia get stopped and hassled if they come in with a one way ticket? Thanks for reading my long-winded post.

• By FatimaK
        What I Love About Australia
        Hi there. My name is Fatima Khan, I am a migrant from Pakistan and currently reside in Sydney. I am now a permanent resident of Australia, married and have started a family. Here’s my story! 
        When I was living in Pakistan, I just knew it wasn’t the place where I could pursue my dreams and aspirations. I wanted to improve my education, career and lifestyle. There were many problems living in Pakistan such a transportation, quality of education being delivered, pollution, lack of freedom, economic instability, political issues, etc. I then started to do some research and landed on this website Pomsinoz.com. It gave me all the information I needed to kick-start my future dreams. I browsed through different articles and forums relating to international students in Australia and found many useful resources available to help me migrate to Australia. I chose to live and study in Australia due to the fact that I could acquire quality education from a prestigious institution and live a better life. I then finally applied for my student visa back in 2012 and I got my student visa grant approval. That was certainly one of the best days of my life as I strongly believed that my life was going to change for the better.
        When I came to Australia, it was absolutely amazing to be part of such a friendly society and culture. Almost everyone here in Australia greets you with a friendly smile and respects diversity. The weather in Australia is so amazing, I mostly can never complain about it. In most of the areas you get to enjoy sunny climates and mild winters which is just perfect for outdoor activities. I was also surprised to see that there are many recycling and environmental initiatives in place to create a more sustainable and healthier atmosphere. When it comes to daily transportation, there are many options available such as the train, bus and ferry services which makes life just so much easier and quicker. I was able to get to university and work right on time. There are also many places to visit such as landmarks, beaches, restaurants, museums, zoos, water parks, theme parks, etc. The first place I visited in Australia was Luna Amusement Theme Park located in the heart of Sydney. It was so much fun and the Park had a Ferris wheel, thrill rides, bumper cars and much more. I also got to see the Sydney Opera House and The Harbour Bridge on the same day. I had such an unforgettable and enjoyable experience.
        When I went to university all of my teachers and classmates were very welcoming, kind and helpful. This made it much easier for me to adapt to the learning environment, different teaching styles and new curriculum/syllabus. I had a very pleasant journey completing my degree and made lots of new friends along the way which also included meeting my future spouse in Australia. We fell in love and got married in 2014 and I then moved from being on a student visa to a spouse visa!
        Again Pomsinoz.com came to the rescue for me to gain useful information/insights on how to smoothly transition from being on a student visa to a spouse visa to then becoming a Permanent Resident of Australia! 
        I love Australia as there are just endless options and opportunities for everyone here whether when it comes to finding the right educational course or finding a career that best suits your skills and qualifications. There are also many part-time and casual jobs available around Australia that makes it easier to earn some extra cash. Being a resident, you can gain access to many benefits such as Private health insurance, Government support, Childcare and Medicare, which is such an advantage to have.
        My husband and I live very close to the beach with our daughter and reside in a beautiful suburb in Northern Sydney. I absolutely am in love with the wonderful beach life culture here in Australia which I just cannot get back in Pakistan. We have many friends from different backgrounds and love how Australia is so multicultural and diverse. We get to attend different events and festival activities from time to time such as Vivid Sydney.
        In terms of leisure, accommodation, career growth, education, rules, safety, security, stability, healthcare, etc. I would certainly say the standard of living in Australia as compared to Pakistan is much more advanced and improved. There are many facilities and services that we can have access to that improves our lifestyle. I am very fortunate to be part of such a beautiful country and having countless opportunities available that in real talk would be very difficult to attain back in Pakistan and in other countries. In conclusion, I can definitely say that ever since I migrated to Australia, I have experienced a better and positive change in my way of life and would highly recommend others to also experience the wonderful life Australia.
      • By Warman_sarahlf
        Does anyone know if there's a time limit to arrive in the uk from when the visa is granted?

Did anyone ship their furniture before the visa outcome or after?
      • By Nicoleojaghloo.
        Hi, I am sponsoring my husband for the 309/100 spouse visa. We are living in Iran at present. We have all the documents needed. I met him in Australia when he was on bridging visa  E. He was a refugee. He brought me to his country, Iran and I thought it was a better idea to apply offshore. He is yet to obtain his health and police check. He had been in Australia since 2012, and we have been together since January 2016. We married in Australia and here in Iran. My question is, do you think he has a better chance of being granted the visa due to the fact that he lived in Australia for 5 years already, and we both have documents showing the same address we lived at, proving our relationship.?. Also, with Iran in the news lately, do you think Australian immigration would be bias ?. Thanks in advance for any advice. Nicole.
      • By BIG SUR
        Hi there, just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on divorce or annulment  in Australia please? 
        My friend married an Australian citizen in November 2016, she is here on a bridging visa, pending a decision being made for student visa. 
        They separated just after 6 months together, no spouse visa applications were submitted. 
        He says he can have marriage cancelled or arrange divorce and claims if he applies to have it cancelled she will not be allowed to visit Australia again.
        Surely the only option is wait 12 months and apply for divorce? 
        If anyone can give any help it would be much appreciated.  
        Thanks 
        S