Guest pakistan

Yes your advice makes perfect sense. It's a bit tricky for us as we have engaged an agent to handle our case. Although the agent is very well known (and expensive), he has advised us to not upload any documents not required or asked for. I don't have control of the application in my immi account so I can't upload any affidavits or offend him by forcing him to upload these docs. But it's okay.. we're not in a hurry to get a decision to be honest. I am living in Pakistan with my wife currently so a few months more wouldn't hurt us :).

Please keep in mind one thing more. If immigration have given you 28 days they want the required documents to be received by them before the expiry of 28 days.

What happened to me, I deposited my documents for visa 143 through post 10 days earlier than the expiry date. It did not reach to them within that period,though non fault of me but my visa was refused. I had to go in the appeal thus wastage of time and money therefore This my request to you is, to ensure your documents reach with in time period to avoid complications.

Please keep in mind one thing more. If immigration have given you 28 days they want the required documents to be received by them before the expiry of 28 days.
What happened to me, I deposited my documents for visa 143 through post 10 days earlier than the expiry date. It did not reach to them within that period,though non fault of me but my visa was refused. I had to go in the appeal thus wastage of time and money therefore This my request to you is, to ensure your documents reach with in time period to avoid complications.

Uploading documents online takes 10 seconds. You can literally upload it 1 minute before the deadline and they will receive it. I guess you’re referring to your case where a paper application must have been involved. Posting docs via mail takes time and they clearly advise you to send docs keeping the postage timings in mind. Anyway all the best.

Malik Sahib,

you are right but I was suppose to send the original documents by mail though I sent the photo copies of the documents on line and also the receipt of post but they did not bother, depend on the case officer decision.

Anyhow my problem was solved after going through the appeal.

Hi Guys, 

I just had an interview with AHC Islamabad. The call went for approximately 50 mins. So here is my updated timeline. 

Applied for: Partner Visa Subclass 309.

Processing Location: AHC, Islamabad.

Date of Lodgement: 11th April 2017.

All Documents Uploaded: 18th April 2017.

Additional Documents Requested: 03rd January 2018.

Additional Documents Provided: 10th January 2018.

Date of Interview: 12th January 2018.

Visa Grant: Not Yet.

Edited by MTS

Hi Guys, 

I just had an interview with AHC Islamabad. The call went for approximately 50 mins. So here is my updated timeline. 

Great, what additional docs were requested by case officer on 3rd Jan?

4 minutes ago, AsimMalik said:

Great, what additional docs were requested by case officer on 3rd Jan?

Pay slips of applicant, pay slips of sponsor, evidence of communication (last 3 months), evidence of financial support from sponsor, TWO x Form 888. 

1 hour ago, MTS said:

Hi Guys, 

NICE NICE. 

I WISH ILL B HAVING THE CALL SOON... 50 MINT IS TOO MUCH TO INQUIRE

HAVE YOU CALLED THEM TO ASK OR REMIND?

They got an automatic reply, telling you the average processing time as well as telling you to call if your wait is over the given standard time. And if you continue to stay on the phone to talk to someone, it just keeps ringing and no one picks it up. Email’s the best bet, but they reply after 7 days with a standard response of official processing time and that you will be contacted if need be.

Im close to 11 months now and no response whatsoever.

DOL: 22 Feb 2017

DOI: 05 Oct 2017

Additional docs submitted: 25 Oct 2017

Grant: just wait and wait and wait...

1 hour ago, Destroyme said:

Yes i have sent an email to AHC islamabad on 20th Dec and replied “VO is working on this case”.

i  dont know y they are reluctant to reply...  calling them is helpful for a case or not ...  though i know that they do have the standard reply but still is it good for a reminder or not.. confused  and disappointed.

i  dont know y they are reluctant to reply...  calling them is helpful for a case or not ...  though i know that they do have the standard reply but still is it good for a reminder or not.. confused  and disappointed.

It is complicated, mostly reminders help when case officers have already made up their mind and are holding final verdict for some reason. But mostly they will take their standard average time regardless of how many reminders you give unless your case is fairly straight forward. I have seen people (including me) of giving them reminders and still no progress and have seen people calling once or emailing once and get their visa grants instantly. It is just not easy to say. I have also noticed, privately made applications directly by applicants without involving agents are processed faster and kind of given first priority. So its just complicated.

17 hours ago, AsimMalik said:

It is complicated, mostly reminders help when case officers have already made up their mind and are holding final verdict for some reason. But mostly they will take their standard average time regardless of how many reminders you give unless your case is fairly straight forward. I have seen people (including me) of giving them reminders and still no progress and have seen people calling once or emailing once and get their visa grants instantly. It is just not easy to say. I have also noticed, privately made applications directly by applicants without involving agents are processed faster and kind of given first priority. So its just complicated.

YEA I DO THINK THE SAME REGARDING THE ARGENT. WELL I THINK AGENTS DO NOT PROVIDE FULL INFORMATION OR THEY DO NOT UPLOAD THE FULL PROVIDED DETAILS YOU SHARED WITH THE EMBASSY. 

BUT I HAVE INQUIRE WITH THE PPL WHO WORKED FOR EMBASSY  THEY SAID THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN LODGING THE APPLICATION VIA AGENT OR THEMSELVES.

ONE MORE QUESTION DO THEY CALL BOTH THE PARTNERS OR JUST THE APPLICANT.

2 hours ago, dr.maria said:

YEA I DO THINK THE SAME REGARDING THE ARGENT. WELL I THINK AGENTS DO NOT PROVIDE FULL INFORMATION OR THEY DO NOT UPLOAD THE FULL PROVIDED DETAILS YOU SHARED WITH THE EMBASSY. 

BUT I HAVE INQUIRE WITH THE PPL WHO WORKED FOR EMBASSY  THEY SAID THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN LODGING THE APPLICATION VIA AGENT OR THEMSELVES.

DON'T SHOUT!!!!

Applying through an agent makes no difference, and there are some excellent agents out there. Don't tar them all with the same brush cos you found a dodgy one. You should report that agent to MARA if they have withheld information.

I have been both a sponsor and an applicant. Both times I was the one that got the phone calls.

4 hours ago, MTS said:

Does any one know if the interview call is made to witnesses who filled Form 888 as well?

Not every time but yes they can do it if they feel something in the application doesn't add up. They can even call people (e.g. your family, friends, neighbours) who did not provide any Form 888s. Two friends of mine who were sponsors for their wives' partner visas had their respective brothers called by the High Commission out of the blue. Those cases were ones where the application contained contradictory/false information and the High Commission wanted to cross check that information with their brothers. In both those cases, the brothers provided different information than the application and that ended up ruining the visa applications.

So my advice is to be 100% truthful in the application and make sure close family of the the applicant and the sponsor know the major details just in case.

3 hours ago, dr.maria said:

Sometimes it's just the applicant; at other times, it's both. It's hard to predict for individual cases but it depends on how straightforward the case seems to the CO and how much due diligence they believe they need to do.

49 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

DON'T SHOUT!!!!

Applying through an agent makes no difference, and there are some excellent agents out there. Don't tar them all with the same brush cos you found a dodgy one. You should report that agent to MARA if they have withheld information.

I have been both a sponsor and an applicant. Both times I was the one that got the phone calls.

it was just an opinion and i said the same that i hve asked from ppl worked for embassy they said there is no difference  applying via agent or not  plus i hvent said that my agent is a dodgy one..

so please behave better  and respond decently.

2 hours ago, dr.maria said:

it was just an opinion and i said the same that i hve asked from ppl worked for embassy they said there is no difference  applying via agent or not  plus i hvent said that my agent is a dodgy one..

so please behave better  and respond decently.

Well at least you stopped shouting! 

How would you like me to behave better? I responded to your post. If an agent has been withholding info etc, you should report them. I have given you the information that it doesn't make a difference whether you use an agent or not, the processing time will be the same. 

And the information that I have been both a sponsor and an applicant. Both times I was the one that got the phone calls is exactly what you asked for. Either sponsor or applicant can be interviewed. Seems like fairly decent info to me and exactly what you asked for. 

If you think I have behaved badly and not given a decent reply feel free to report me. Sorry I tried to help.