Guest pakistan

29 minutes ago, Hiba said:

Thank you! ? 

The initial entry date is 11 March 2018. Apparently this is to do with the medical which is only valid for 1 year. My husbands medical was done in March so that makes sense. 

I submitted all docs on 21/11 and it took a couple of weeks. So can’t be long to go now for you. Good luck!!  ?

Haha my medical is expiring in May but my PCC is expiring end of January so I'm hoping that might get me a faster grant :P

All the best with your new life! :) 

Hi all, 

I'm applying for a 309 (hopefully this month). My husband is an Australian citizen but we've both been living and working in Karachi since 2015. He's planning to move back to Australia Feb 2018. I wanted to ask if we'll need a Police Check Certificate for him? Is it something we should wait for them to ask us about?

14 hours ago, Hiba said:

Hi everyone

We got our grant today!!?

Timeline as follows:

Applied: 20 March 2017

Interview + Further Docs requested: 14 Nov 17

Visa granted: 5 December 2017

Good luck to the rest of you. Hopefully you all get the grants soon. ?

Congrats Hiba. Very happy to hear that. Hopefully the rest of us waiting anxiously get our visa's soon as well

14 hours ago, rimsky215 said:

Hi all, 

I'm applying for a 309 (hopefully this month). My husband is an Australian citizen but we've both been living and working in Karachi since 2015. He's planning to move back to Australia Feb 2018. I wanted to ask if we'll need a Police Check Certificate for him? Is it something we should wait for them to ask us about?

the procedure of 309 is around 9 to 15 months  may take longer . of may in less time but for sure it take more than 7 month. just to be on safe side get his police clearance certificate. its better to have every single document they can ask for

how long do case officers generally take to respond, if at all? we emailed ours on Monday and still haven't heard back. I know this that whenever I've contacted anyone they've always responded even if they had just a standard answer to give

Did you lodge your visa yourself or via agent?
What email address did you send it to?

1 hour ago, AsimMalik said:

Did you lodge your visa yourself or via agent?
What email address did you send it to?

I lodged it myself through ImmiAccount. We just replied on the email the CO had sent. There were two email addresses in it - one for the Islamabad embassy and one was correspondence @ border (i'm somehow unable to type in the complete email address).

I basically emailed them that we have uploaded all required documentation and I'm now being considered for a transfer from my office in Singapore to my office in Australia so need to see if they have any update for me. It's a long shot but we thought it made sense to at least try. If they ask for some proof for what I'm claiming about my job then I have that as well. We addressed the email to the CO - wrote his name and his position number.

Let's see if we get a reply or not. My PCC is expiring end of January so just trying our luck here now

I lodged it myself through ImmiAccount. We just replied on the email the CO had sent. There were two email addresses in it - one for the Islamabad embassy and one was correspondence @ border (i'm somehow unable to type in the complete email address).

I basically emailed them that we have uploaded all required documentation and I'm now being considered for a transfer from my office in Singapore to my office in Australia so need to see if they have any update for me. It's a long shot but we thought it made sense to at least try. If they ask for some proof for what I'm claiming about my job then I have that as well. We addressed the email to the CO - wrote his name and his position number.

Let's see if we get a reply or not. My PCC is expiring end of January so just trying our luck here now

We lodged it through a solicitor in sydney. Its been almost 10 months and we are getting a bit impatient as i am visiting my wofe and have one month to return and was hoping to have her visa before i go back to ozz. I asked my agent to send CO an email about update and he is resisting as it willhave a negative impact on your case (which seems a weird excuse) and now im worried if i send an email myself without getting agent involved then im worried CO might think why me and why not agent himself.. im just confused and worried and regretting my decision of hiring a solicitor and not applying it myself.. its going to be 300 days from date of application in 5 days. I applied on 22nd February 2017.

50 minutes ago, AsimMalik said:

We lodged it through a solicitor in sydney. Its been almost 10 months and we are getting a bit impatient as i am visiting my wofe and have one month to return and was hoping to have her visa before i go back to ozz. I asked my agent to send CO an email about update and he is resisting as it willhave a negative impact on your case (which seems a weird excuse) and now im worried if i send an email myself without getting agent involved then im worried CO might think why me and why not agent himself.. im just confused and worried and regretting my decision of hiring a solicitor and not applying it myself.. its going to be 300 days from date of application in 5 days. I applied on 22nd February 2017.

Yeah that seems like a weird reason that it'll have a negative impact on your case. I don't understand why that would happen. I wrote a very detailed email explaining my situation which my husband thought made it sound like I'm begging for my visa so we toned it down a bit but gave them all the facts and requested for an update, if any. I'm still not hopeful of getting an update (other than the standard reply) but at least we tried

Hello,

I'm currently preparing spouse visa (309/100) application via ImmiAccount for my wife who is in Pakistan. 

I just want to know shall we provide police certificate and her medicals now at the time of lodgement or it can be provided later when CO asks?

Because as I understand, police certificate expires in 3 months whereas medicals expire in 12 months.

So I think it will not be useful to provide both certificates now.

Could somebody please confirm on this? 

Thanks,

Lilly

15 minutes ago, Lilly23 said:

Hello,

I'm currently preparing spouse visa (309/100) application via ImmiAccount for my wife who is in Pakistan. 

I just want to know shall we provide police certificate and her medicals now at the time of lodgement or it can be provided later when CO asks?

Because as I understand, police certificate expires in 3 months whereas medicals expire in 12 months.

So I think it will not be useful to provide both certificates now.

Could somebody please confirm on this? 

Thanks,

Lilly

Police check and medical are both valid for 12 months

5 minutes ago, AsimMalik said:

Medical Certificate expires in one year and police certificate expires in 6 months. I suggest providing medical and police certificate after three months of the lodgement. Interview call is mostly expected in 6 to 8 months..

Thank you Asim.

Could you tell what is the cost of medical and police certificate in Pakistan?

Edited by Lilly23

Thank you Asim.
Could you tell what is the cost of medical and police certificate in Pakistan?

For medical it costs Rs 8,000 to 10,000 (sorry dont remember exact amount, we did in March this year),
For police certificate, it cost us 5,000 each (we had to do it twice as it expires in 6 months, and its been 10 months from the lodgement date).

12 minutes ago, AsimMalik said:

For medical it costs Rs 8,000 to 10,000 (sorry dont remember exact amount, we did in March this year),
For police certificate, it cost us 5,000 each (we had to do it twice as it expires in 6 months, and its been 10 months from the lodgement date).

Thank you Asim for the details.

I wish you and pray for you that you get the visa soon.

Good luck!!

14 hours ago, Lilly23 said:

Also are you sure police check validity is 12 months? Because I recently got one in AU and it was valid for 3 months. I have similar experience from other country as well.

Regardless of what it may say on the police certificate, DIBP accepts police certificates that were issued in the previous 12 months.  Many people wait until asked by their CO so that they avoid the possibility of having to redo them or having a very short Initial Entry Date.

8 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

Regardless of what it may say on the police certificate, DIBP accepts police certificates that were issued in the previous 12 months.  Many people wait until asked by their CO so that they avoid the possibility of having to redo them or having a very short Initial Entry Date.

Thank you MaggieMay. I read on DIBP site that both certificates are valid for 12 months. 

Do you think it is better to provide police & medical certs until CO asks? Or provide after 3 month of lodgement as AsimMalik suggested above?