We are in Oz! Whoo hoo....

Guest chris_mac

Guest chris_mac

Hi all

Landing saturday moring at brisbane 9.15am. Flew from Man to Abu Dhabi, (2.40min wait) Abu Dhabi to Singapore, (30 min wait) Singapore to Bris.

1 hr Drive north to Caloundra...

Etihad airways are spot on.. No complaints... Not impressed with the movie options though!

Leaving the family at the airport in Manchester was the worst part of all..

Daughter who is 20 dropped a bombshell night before we flew and told us she wanted to come with us... and has always wanted to.. She told us from day one she wanted to STAY and kept her word for 2 years just to keep her boyfriend and family happy, then breaks down the night before and tells us she has always wanted to come.. OMG!

We are working on it right now to get her over.. Gill has helped again and provided support and direction for us to get her over.. Thanks again Gill :hug: (She will be here soon which for me is the icing on the cake...

We are living in the wifes sisters house which is massive and really nice... Our rental is in the same street directly opposite which is also really really nice...

Cleaned the pool this morning and tested the water getting it ready for summer? (Listen to me "Cleaned the Pool" .... loving it) Its 28 degrees and ozzies are wearing coats and fleeces... Dont get it? I was sweating my nuts off..:wacko:

Signed the rental agreement this morning for six months and we have the option to buy if we like it which im sure we will..

Been out this afternoon and bought loads of stuff for the house... Knifes ands forks, dinner sets etc....

Loads to do tomoz, Bank, tax ref numbers etc....

Seen a Ute and looked at a nice car which we have agreed to buy.

Cant beleive we are here... We are so fortunate....

Just a quick message to let you know we are fine.... Gonna be busy over the next couple of weeks but im sure i will pop on here....

Good luck to all those still waiting.... Its worth it and it does happen...

Best wishes

Ozzy Chris

OMG - what a buzz, you have sent shivers down my spine... Sounds like you are all organised already - wow, that did not take you long!!! lol

Thats fantastic news about your daughter wanting to join you, I bet you and the wife are thrilled! It must be sooo difficult leaving children behind! No wonder its put the icing on the cake!

Hope you have a fantastic time getting your lives in order. Its refreshing to hear someones story and excitment, it has just reminded me what we are doing all this for! Hopefully QLD will get a move on soon and issue out a few more SS!

Good luck with it all and hope you and your family stay lucky in life.

Tasha x

Guest Tracy1

Im so pleased for you Chris and your family.....I told you in chat your daughter wouldn't be far behind you and she would probably change her mind as soon as you went.

Take care....I'm sooooo jealous:yes:

Hope to see you there soon.

Guest moving down under

So happy for you guys. What great news that your daughter wants to join you. I'm sure you will be very busy over the next few weeks, but when you have a chance update us.

Enjoy settling into your new life in OZ.

Guest annemarie and brian

i am glad to hear you have settled in ok and getting everything organised and thats brillant news about your daughter going to come over and join you hopefully soon.

annemarie

Guest Squem

YAY Congrats Maccy D!

And that's such fab news about your daughter!! You'll have to get her on PIO ... be good to talk to someone my age whose going over there :)

Good luck with settling in!

Emma x

Guest Clare Robinson

Hi Dawn, Long time no speak. So when are you off. I see you have Visa in the Bag. That is absolutely great news. Be good to catch up with your news and any updates.

All the best.

Clare, Mat, Maesie and Keilen. xx

Hey Ozzy Chris

What a buzz you have given us writing that post!

I am fairly new on this and just starting the CPV process, but although I haven't followed your progress, it really gave me a high to read your post! I hope after a nights sleep you are still buzzing!

28degrees now and your nuts are hot?? they'll be non existent come the summer.................

Enjoy every minute, we are all soooo envious.

Cheers Pam

Guest chris_mac

Thanks guys for all your best wishes its so nice to receive them..

Come the end if the week im sure i will be able to fill a 4 foot page on here... So much is happenning.. Ive not mentioned loads yet....

Just did the TFN online last night... only took 2 mins for the three of us.

Going to the bank today to try and get some money out... After doing all the shopping yesterday looking for beds, fridges and cars the bank manager is in for a shock as to how much we want!

Had our first pillar box last night which was a blast.... Whats a pillar box i here you ask? Its when you walk to the end of your drive with a few beers and then the neighbours (blokes only)come out and join you and have the craic etc.. Its a mans thing which is fine by me.... Not sure if the wife agree's

Going to see if we can sort our Driving licences out to, the dept is only round the corner from the bank...

So much is happening and yes im in shock.... In shock as to how clean and beautiful this place is.. Wish i did years ago..

Not to bothered about a job yet, im gonna chill for a few months, get the house sorted and daughter over..

Will catch up again end of the week and fill you all in...

Good luck and happy visa's

Chris Mac

Glad you are all excited. Good guys is fairly good on the nicklin way up towards Kawana. Saying that there are sales on everywhere i think. Cleaning the pool i bet that was a buzz, enjoy it while the buzz is there as i hear a lot of people moaning. me personally when i get a pool will be thankful even if the wife does have to clean it every day!!!

Let me know when you have settled we will hook up for a cold shandy.

Guest AndyandYvonneD

Hiya Chris

Brill news allround eh!! Fabulous place over here isnt it. Glad all going well for you, take care and hopefully see you soon.

Yvonne & Andy x

Archived