• depends on selling the house
    • Between September-October 2009
    • Between November-December 2009
    • Between Jan-March 2010
    • Between April-June 2010
    • Between July-December 2010

Guest VickyMel

Hi PaulTerriMojo

Welcome to the VIC SS thread! We have only recently started up but I think we are already finding out quite a bit of helpful information about the process even from the few of us on here.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi PaulTerriMojo

Welcome to the VIC SS thread! We have only recently started up but I think we are already finding out quite a bit of helpful information about the process even from the few of us on here.

Hi VickyMel,

it's a very useful thread, so thanks for that!

i just wonder about these panels of people who meet up to discuss who's in and who's not. i'm a mechanical design engineer in the motor industry and on the 'required' list. do you still have to wait till the panel to review you? i'm guessing you do!

at the start of our process, our agent advised 4 weeks for engineers australia - it turned out to be 12! and 4 weeks for SS. on their site it says 10! no fault of our agent who's been excellent. i guess there's many of us wanting out?!

i guess i'm just being impatient - all this waiting's stressfull!!

Guest VickyMel

I think with the switch in DIAC priorities making the 176 a favourable route a lot of people are now trying for SS. From what others say on this thread it sounds as if VIC are now saying 12 weeks (and I imagine it is probably the mass influx of applications to them) - we were told 10 weeks. (Both are still much quicker times than many states).

Whereas many of the states seem to work in date of application order. For VIC it certainly appears as if you can get it OKed quite quickly if you submit the right occupation at the right time - and I assume get looked at by the industry panel quickly.

I have never seen anyone post much about the industrial panels so we don't seem to have any info on when or how often the meet for particular occupations. I was really excited at the beginning seeing people get answers within a week or two and hoping we would too - but we are close to the 10 week estimate now and we have not heard anything at all yet.

I think that I am less impatient now that time has passed - yeah right ! :biglaugh:

Guest VickyMel
Hi all, I checked my online status on Vic's website today and it had been updated to include a case ID....not my case ID!!! I have been answering their queries to another case ID for weeks now...so it appears they may have duplicated me on the system. When I first applied they lost my application for two weeks and I also see that a few people are having problems with their website uploading docs etc...maybe Im just unlucky but all of this doesnt give me much faith in the quality of their website manging our applications :-(

Ever feel like if i's going to go wrong it's going to go wrong for you!!

:hug:

I'm sure you have been in contact with them to tell them but if not maybe it is worth popping in to point it out!

Look at the positive side - at least you have an excuse to keep getting contact with them. Maybe they will sort you out quick just to get everything sorted - hope so.

Oh Vickymel...I know that feeling!! Im so frustrated by the waiting & all the mess ups. I havent actually contacted them about the wrong case id yet...Im gonna leave it till next week..I dont want to annoy them as I sent them a letter on monday explaining my situation about my imminent deportion on 23rd begging them to fast track my application and cc'd the Irish Ambassador, so Im really hoping that they can do something for me. Ive already given my notice in work & booked my flights back to Dublin, I cant believe that all the time & expense that it has taken to settle here has all gone to waste and Im going to have to go thru the whole thing again in a few months time when the visa gets granted! who knows...maybe miracles will happen between now & 23rd :-)

Hi VickyMel,

it's a very useful thread, so thanks for that!

i just wonder about these panels of people who meet up to discuss who's in and who's not. i'm a mechanical design engineer in the motor industry and on the 'required' list. do you still have to wait till the panel to review you? i'm guessing you do!

You guessed right, about 99.5% of all SS applicants are on the required list (a very small number of off-list applications are allowed). There are two motor trade applicants on this thread who got their sponsorships fairly quickly, this may mean that they applied just before the last pannel, that the pannel meets frequently or that motor trade gets quicker treatment than others by Vic, no-one really knows.

We all feel impatient I suppose, although for me its more wanting a positive result than a quick one, as its such a major life change the uncertainty is hard to handle.

Guest VickyMel

I think you had asked about a bridging visa? Is it worth putting a new thread on asking if anyone can advise - about the potential to extend current visa by a month or so - if anyone knows of a way - just until you hear back from VIC? Maybe going into the office next week with tears might help..?

Yeah Vickymel there is no bridging visa available :-( , I spoke with my agent, met with the DIAC & posted a thread on the forum in July & no one could help! Vic state are very clever... their address is a PO box so there is no office to visit! I got an email from them today actually….saying they received my letter & asking me the same question they did 3 weeks ago which I responded to and they sent me 2 confirmations of receipt & that my file was updated. So I replied politely even though I felt like screaming & forwarded them my previous correspondence…they are really making me jump through hoops… especially when their assessment of me is a bit of a no brainer considering Ive been living & working here for a year now :-)

Guest VickyMel

Bumping the thread for the weekend in case we can interest any more VIC SS hopefuls - please come and join us.

Vic state are very clever... their address is a PO box so there is no office to visit!

Very clever - really can't blame them for that - or we'd all be there on our knees with tears or chocolate/beer bribes.

Not looking so good then - I imagine even if it came through there is then still little time needed for DIAC to process it fully to make the deadline.

Fingers crossed for you.

Guest bagonzo

Hi! I applied for VIC SS Aug 16th. Got a Case ID and ack email. Long wait ahead...

Bumping the thread for the weekend in case we can interest any more VIC SS hopefuls - please come and join us.

Very clever - really can't blame them for that - or we'd all be there on our knees with tears or chocolate/beer bribes.

Not looking so good then - I imagine even if it came through there is then still little time needed for DIAC to process it fully to make the deadline.

Fingers crossed for you.

Guest VickyMel

Welcome Bagonzo

Hopefully you won't have too long a wait, VIC seem quicker than some other SS.

If you check the first page you will see we already have one August submission approved! :jiggy:

Although others of us are still waiting from June... :sad:

Not enough of us on here yet to be able to tell but we think it may be related to the meetings of the industrial panels relating to the different occupation types?

Guest VickyMel

Just bumping us up to the front page in the hope that we can tempt some more folks applying to Victoria for State Sponsorship to come and join us on the first page of this thread.

There are 12 of us listed with applications logded for approval between June and August.

Two of which are already approved.

All the details are on the first page of this page.

Guest VickyMel

I am way too addicted to this site and have too much time on my hands (if only it was really true - its the addiction taking over).

Some really rough but potentially interesting info re waiting periods for VIC SS approval after lodging application (just gained from peoples timelines I have seen - very rough).

I saw posts from 14 people applying for VIC SS April & May, 4 of these were rejected, the other 10 waited an average 54 days before being approved. The shortest wait was 6 days - longest just over 14 weeks.

I don't know of anyone still waiting to hear back from VIC since from before June.

Given that not everyone has been approved or rejected with the following info the averages will obviously change a lot once people are approved or rejected...

June - I have seen 10 people who have applied for VIC SS - so far 5 have been approved (average time 34 days) - and 5 are still waiting (average wait so far... 76 days)

Longest waiting I am aware of is 88 days (beginning of June - almost 13 weeks).

Of the 5 people I have seen approved (out of 12) that applied in July - they have averaged 18 days before getting approval (lucky them... but is still very early days for July applicants).

I still think it is all down to the timings of the industrial panel but thought the above may be of interest.

Guest senorita

Hello Everybody,

I joined this forum today. It is very useful indeed. I have applied for Vic SS on 24/08/2009 and got case id and email stating

"We have received your application for State Sponsorship. Please be advised that current processing times are estimated at ten to twelve weeks. You should not contact us during this time for status updates. We do not require your IELTS results; it is DIAC who require this information. Also, please note that it is not currently possible to track your application online."

So long time to wait for...

Guest VickyMel

Hi Senorita

Great to have you on board. I have added the details you gave to the first page of this thread.

Hello Everybody,

I joined this forum today. It is very useful indeed. I have applied for Vic SS on 24/08/2009 and got case id and email stating

"We have received your application for State Sponsorship. Please be advised that current processing times are estimated at ten to twelve weeks. You should not contact us during this time for status updates. We do not require your IELTS results; it is DIAC who require this information. Also, please note that it is not currently possible to track your application online."

So long time to wait for...

Yes the 10-12 weeks seems like forever - but is a lot better than some of the states, and as you can see from the first page some people hear very quickly.

Very interesting that VIC mention that it is not currently possible to track the application online - that would make sense with what we have seen. The online infor for everyone seems to have remained blank even after they have had an approval letter. Well that will save us all logging on to check!

I was hoping we'd hear last week but that didn't happen! Our agent thought it could be that we won't hear for another 10 weeks (standard processing time) since they have only just received the 'completed application' ie. Vetassess results, stat dec, statement etc but they have been requesting these docs since they told us we were in the final stages so surely they'd rather get it off their desks and grant us SS than wait another 10 weeks!

Guest VickyMel
Did you notice how long it took for the rejections to happen?

Thanks for the rep

I imagine the rejections will be related to loads of things - an application might be obviously inappropriate and rejected immediately - or the person may be asked for additional info and it then will take a while.

The ones I have seen were rejected in 6 days then approx 7, 8 and 14 weeks.

Guest VickyMel
I was hoping we'd hear last week but that didn't happen! Our agent thought it could be that we won't hear for another 10 weeks (standard processing time) since they have only just received the 'completed application' ie. Vetassess results, stat dec, statement etc but they have been requesting these docs since they told us we were in the final stages so surely they'd rather get it off their desks and grant us SS than wait another 10 weeks!

I agree with you - surely they will now just go on and finish processing and not put your application to the bottom of a 10 week pile.

I imagine you have been through the industrial panel (and I think maybe you have given they have been in contact with you) then maybe you will be at the same level as others who have got their approvals quickily.

Really hope that is the case - surely they would tell you if it is another 10 week wait?

Fingers crossed.

Guest senorita

Thanks to all for sharing information.Does anyone have an idea about this Industrial panel meetings? I am a Life Scientist and wondering about scope for life scientists to get Vic SS.

Any views?

We sent in our application on the 15th Aug and have had a response today asking for a more detailed CV? We did already attach a really detailed CV so I have emailed them to ask how much more information they want! So it has taken 2 weeks to get to this stage.

Guest vinnie80
Thanks to all for sharing information.Does anyone have an idea about this Industrial panel meetings? I am a Life Scientist and wondering about scope for life scientists to get Vic SS.

Any views?

hi senorita,

i'm a life scientist too... i applied on 1st august 2009 and was told to wait for 10 weeks. VickyMel also a life scientiest applied in June and she's still waiting for results. I think there are not many life scientists applying, so the industrial panel meeting is made 3 months once (i think) based on my calculations after seeing other life scientist successful applications.

Have u applied for the Vic SS? if you did, good... coz probably they'll make the meeting soon because of the number of people who've applied for L.S has increased.

VickyMel,

there's an SA ss applicant who got his result through post and not from e-mail or the website. Do u think Vic would be doing that??

Guest vinnie80

VickyMel,

I have just checked the timeline for other life scientists on the visa timeline... Those who sent their application in january and february got their approved on April. Since, u've sent it in june and there's no industry panel on that month. 3 months from june is september... so, possibly this week or next week the industrial panel meeting will be held. hehehe... maybe its going on right now... hehehehe... ;) i'm getting excited... :P

Guest VickyMel
We sent in our application on the 15th Aug and have had a response today asking for a more detailed CV? We did already attach a really detailed CV so I have emailed them to ask how much more information they want! So it has taken 2 weeks to get to this stage.

That is good news - looks like they at least give our applications a scan early and check if more info is needed and contact us early.

Hopefully as we have heard nothing that means OH was OK.

Did your CV list the types of experience in different topics OH had - rather than just length of time in each occupation etc. which might be shown on a normal CV.

My OH went into great detail about the type of electrical work, types of cable, houses, business, sound and lighting, supervisory skills, length of time per employer, working on army and nuclear bases. We had already applied for Regional sponsorship and was told by the Vic state to apply for the state instead and they asked for a more detailed cv then so we knew what was needed. So all a bit of a mystery! He has done his skills test, sent of his qualification certificates and added a reference

So will give more detail, and hopefully be able to jump through the hoops.

Its all good fun!

:biggrin:

Archived