• depends on securing a job
    • depends on selling the house
    • Between September-October 2009
    • Between November-December 2009
    • Between Jan-March 2010
    • Between April-June 2010
    • Between July-December 2010

Guest VickyMel

Great news!!! GillianM got their VIC SS approved yesterday!

Congratulations Gillian!!!

Just calculated it - 4 weeks and 1 day!

I've used the colours of the WA SS timeline thread and turned you to brilliant blue!

It's great to see us moving along.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vinnie80

Gillian,

Congrats!!!! So happy for you.

VickyMel,

You've submitted your application in June but Gillian sent hers in July... Could it be that they're processing the trade skills much faster than the professional skills??

I saw your nominated occupation is scientist, is it life scientist??? I heard that there are not many scientist applying for the ss... so that could cause the delay... they might be having the meeting twice a month :P if that's the case, then maybe ur application and mine will go together into the meeting... hahaha.... anyway, did u receive any further request from the vic??? i'm checking the vic website almost everyday... :P

Guest VickyMel

From what I can see from people who got VIC SS approvals recently thre is a wide variety of variation in time to approval. Currently the longest I have seen anyone still waiting to hear from VIC is about 11 weeks (some of the other states seem quite a bit longer).

I assume (but no idea!) it is down to when the "industry panel" meet I imagine they are broadly trade/profession based. Lets hope the scientists go through in a batch very soon!

We have heard nothing at all since the acknowledgement. I too am checking VIC tracking each day - hoping for the status to show something positive rather than blank (although blank is better than a no!) but it sounds as if most people hear first by email.

Guest GillianM

Hi, i think its if your job is more in demand. Ive just looked on website and its still blank!! but i got email on 18th to say passed. Ive emailed back to accept, then they send form 1100 to DIAC. Dont know when to get meds done? Just wait till my agent tells us too.

Gillian x

Guest bebac30
Hi, i think its if your job is more in demand. Ive just looked on website and its still blank!! but i got email on 18th to say passed. Ive emailed back to accept, then they send form 1100 to DIAC. Dont know when to get meds done? Just wait till my agent tells us too.

Gillian x

Congrats :)

Just out of interest we applied for regional state sponsorship 4 weeks ago and our id number ended in 033 we were advised by the State to change it to a state sponsorship and the id code has gone up to 408 - so I guess that is nearly 400 applications in 4 weeks?

that doesnt suprise me n111kkx! My profession was on the sponsorship list until jan 09 & then it was removed until 21 July, so I was only in a position to apply for Vic SS from 21st onwards...I would say a lot of people were in the same boat as me so they probably have double the amount of applicants in July/Aug as a result and then the monthly amount will probably drop off. I applied 4 weeks ago and my id number ended in 247.

Does anyone know how many people the state can sponsor in a year?

Guest VickyMel
Does anyone know how many people the state can sponsor in a year?

On the skilled sponsorship (not incl. family) each state can sponsor 500 on-list (EDIT: note this figure is possibly/probably incorrect - memory error!) plus a further 500 off-list applications per year.

It would be good, given the switch to the prioritisation of this type of application and subsequent switch of us all to applying for it, if DIAC might consider upping this? The states must be inundated with applications.

Dont know when to get meds done? Just wait till my agent tells us too.

Some people get started straight away on Meds and PCCs so that things move faster (the limiting factor being that the date you are required to validate your visa usually relates to the date of the PCC/Meds). But if you are not in a hurry then this is not an issue and it may be better to have a longer period at the other end in which to validate and move to Oz...

Guest VickyMel

Yeahhhhh! The second of us to go to blue.

Congrats to Ley!

Noodle is in Blue.

If they could just make it me next please!!

Guest vinnie80

Congrats Noodle... they've processed your application really fast... wondering when is our panel meeting...:arghh:

Guest Noodle

Thanks guys (my SS Vic Buddies!),

Not sure quite what happened, esp. after such a rocky start. I am inclined to agree with 'GillianM' though, it does seem to be the motor trades (60% Auzs. car industry in this area). My fingers, toes and anything and everything is crossed for all - for now and in the future. You never know, one day we may all be sitting back and having a few beers and laughing about this...

Best wishes Ley x

p.s. I asked VickyMel to be my friend earlier and she said yes - whoop whoop (share the journey and all) does anyone else want to be my friend??? By the way, I do not share my ice-cream! (VickyMel knows what I mean).

Here's our timeline with VIC SS so far... We applied through agent to Vic on 14 June, they came back to us on 14 July for a stat dec and statement as to why we wanted to live there. We didn't go back to them until this Monday with these docs due to us waiting for OH to find out result of Vetassess practical and not wanting to do it sooner and maybe jinx things! And then they came back the day after saying thanks for docs, please go ahead and go through Vetassess, which we already have and are now waitin for a confirmation document from Vetassess to forward on. I have a feeling that they will respond equally as quickly once they receive it but we will see!

Guest bebac30
On the skilled sponsorship (not incl. family) each state can sponsor 500 on-list plus a further 500 off-list applications per year.

QUOTE]

@Vicky Mel,

could you please tell me where did you find this info? As far i know there is no limit of on-list SS, please send me where did you read it. Thanks :)

Noodle, congrats

Guest vinnie80

bebac,

it's in the immi.gov.au website. i read it when they changed the priorities to state sponsorship... i've printed out and kept it... but i don't know where to find it now... i think check out the news link in the immi website...

Hi, I just found this forum (I'm also on BE), can you add me to the list of folk awaiting Vic SS. Thanks for maintaining this, its reassuring to know others are in the same boat!

Name: Freebo

Online SS submitted: 1/7/09

SS acknowledged: 9/7/09

SS received:

Time to approval:

State advised DIAC:

Delays/further docs requested:

Guest bebac30

Vinnie,

if you could find pls post a link, i tryed again but without success. They just mention 500 off-list nomination not on-list limit.

Guest VickyMel
could you please tell me where did you find this info? As far i know there is no limit of on-list SS, please send me where did you read it. Thanks :)

Hi Bebac

Sorry I can't remember where I saw this (and can't find mention of it when searching) - maybe/probably I was wrong and am confusing it with the off-list?

It would make more sense, especially now with the emphasis on SS that there was a much higher limit for the SS on-list.

Guest VickyMel
Hi, I just found this forum (I'm also on BE), can you add me to the list of folk awaiting Vic SS. Thanks for maintaining this, its reassuring to know others are in the same boat!

Hi Freebo

Welcome to PIO and to this thread - its great to see you here and to add you to the list onto the front page.

Yep it is good to know others of us are in the same boat and how things are progressing for them. 10 of us now.

Hi Freebo

Welcome to PIO and to this thread - its great to see you here and to add you to the list onto the front page.

Yep it is good to know others of us are in the same boat and how things are progressing for them. 10 of us now.

Cheers, just looking at the 10 applicants I see that the only 2 approved so far are in the motor trade and even though they applied some time apart they got their SS at roughly the same time (congrats to them). It seems like the pannel for that industry sat sometime in early Aug.

Does anyone know how often the various pannels consider applications? Also I see some people have had emails saying they're "in the final stages", was this in response to an enquiry or are these sent out routinely?

Thanks again!

Guest VickyMel
Cheers, just looking at the 10 applicants I see that the only 2 approved so far are in the motor trade and even though they applied some time apart they got their SS at roughly the same time (congrats to them). It seems like the pannel for that industry sat sometime in early Aug.

Does anyone know how often the various pannels consider applications? Also I see some people have had emails saying they're "in the final stages", was this in response to an enquiry or are these sent out routinely?

Thanks again!

We only started this thread on 29th July (less than a month) so there are not many people on it so far and I think that that is probably a major issue with regard to people approved - the thread asked for people still waiting -I think if you were to hunt through some of the other threads you may find timelines of successful VIC SS for different occupations (there are a lot of IT applicants so that might be relatively easy?). I had been watching other people's timelines who I know were waiting and I don't know anyone waiting from since before June (if anyone is out there please come and join us or PM me). I know there are a number of people still waiting from June (about half the people I know of have been approved - those that have heard all heard quite quickly) and July (again quite a few were approved quite quickly). I too would be interested to know if anyone knows when the panels sit?

Hi all, I checked my online status on Vic's website today and it had been updated to include a case ID....not my case ID!!! I have been answering their queries to another case ID for weeks now...so it appears they may have duplicated me on the system. When I first applied they lost my application for two weeks and I also see that a few people are having problems with their website uploading docs etc...maybe Im just unlucky but all of this doesnt give me much faith in the quality of their website manging our applications :-(

Our agent yesterday received and sent the confirmation from Vetasses of OH's results to Vic which was the last document they were waiting for so hopefully we should hear something soon - I reckon this week. If it is that will be about 6 weeks from start to finish as we had a gap of approx 4 weeks which we created ourselves by not submitting a stat dec when requested as we were waiting for OH to undetake his practical and then receive results. As soon as we know I will post!

Archived