Mahogany Creek, Glen Forrest, Darlington?

Guest shambo

Guest shambo

Can anyone tell me anything about Mahogany Creek, Glen Forrest and/or Darlington? what it is like there, how long it takes to get into CBD in Perth, the schools etc.

Many thanks

Sue

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pippa

hi,

mahogany creek , darlington and glen forrest are all in the 'Perth Hills' area, which I think is really lovely. If I was to move away from the coast I would love to live in one of these suburbs or in Kalamunda, Lesmurdie or Mundaring. They are full of trees, have great views of Perth city and feel a little semi-rural even though they are still within the Perth metro area. I don't drive in this area all that often, but I think it takes about 30 mins to drive to the central city from Darlington, however, peak hour traffic would add to this. It is a fairly long drive (maybe 45 to 60 mins i think) to the beach. It is very close, however, to some nice national parks and there are local schools in the area. Hope that helps!

Pip

the 3 you mentioned are lovely areas , very quiet , houses on big plots , mundaring is nr by ( minutes) which is sooo pretty reminds me of a little american town out west lol .. but has all the neccesary shops etc and others , down the hill you have midland gate centro with all the shops loads ( again ten - fifteen minutes ), not sure how long this will take to get to the city , im in kalamunda still in the hills more of a village feel about it, we can get the bus into the city though not sure time wise or the frequency you can google the bus service and timetable, its more rural in these areas a bit like comparing matlock with lincolnshire i feel , the views are stunning you have lots of parks as said in previous post , near winerys , orchards etc , perfect bar a bit of a distance from the beach lol saying that im nearer to a beach here than i was in the uk! to be fair the thing we have found since we arrived here is that its never that long really to get anywhere, you look at a map and think yer begger thats a trec and before you know it your there, people are also more willing to travel here, never thought we would drive 40 mins for a coffee and a picnic...def cheaper having a gas car too for traveling! all the best..

Archived