Relocating to Brisbane - short term accommodation needed

Guest chelle1607

Guest chelle1607

Hi all,

We are relocating to Brisbane in September and are looking for some short term accommodation (2 -6 weeks) for when we first arrive and getting settled.

If anyone can recommend anyone that may be able to help it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe even a friend or family member that we could house sit for while they are on holiday??

We are looking at moving to Bridgeman Downs area, and we have two young children (3 and 7), so anywhere in north suburbs that is child friendly would be great.

Hi we are also From cheshire and moving to Brisbane sometime between oct and dec, we have 3 kids age 3, 5 and 7, so maybe we could keep in touch.

Thanks

Helen

hi we too are from the cheshiire area and locating to Brisbane this September (1st), sorry cant help with accommodation as we sorted ours out about a month ago and even then there were places getting booked up FAST... good luck

Hi my accommodation is fully booked until mid November , lots of people seem to be escaping around September,lol but you could try RentalsInOz.com - Home or Stayz Holiday Accommodation – 20,000+ Holiday Rentals across Australia

alternatively you could contact headstart homestay, Redlands Retreat or familyfriendlyhomes to see if they have any vacancies.

Good Luck with everything

Cal x

Guest chelle1607
Hi we are also From cheshire and moving to Brisbane sometime between oct and dec, we have 3 kids age 3, 5 and 7, so maybe we could keep in touch.

Thanks

Helen

Hi Helen - would be great to keep in touch and catch up when you arrive. We fly out to Brissie on 1st Sept (arrive 3rd Sept) and it looks like we will just rent a holiday cottage in Redcliffe area until we sort a house out.

Definitely will be looking to buy in Bridgeman Downs though.

Guest chelle1607
hi we too are from the cheshiire area and locating to Brisbane this September (1st), sorry cant help with accommodation as we sorted ours out about a month ago and even then there were places getting booked up FAST... good luck

Hi Phoenix - we too fly out on 1st Sept (with Emirates from LHR). After much surfing the web it looks like we will just get a holiday let in Redcliffe for a couple of weeks. Seems to be quite a few of them available and it will then seem like a bit of a holiday for the kids while we sort out a house etc.

Would be great to keep in touch and catch up when you get settled.

Hi Phoenix - we too fly out on 1st Sept (with Emirates from LHR). After much surfing the web it looks like we will just get a holiday let in Redcliffe for a couple of weeks. Seems to be quite a few of them available and it will then seem like a bit of a holiday for the kids while we sort out a house etc.

Would be great to keep in touch and catch up when you get settled.

We will watch out for you, we are leaving with Singapore from LHR, and have a short term let at Sandgate which is just to the south of Redcliffe

Guest chelle1607
Hi my accommodation is fully booked until mid November , lots of people seem to be escaping around September,lol but you could try RentalsInOz.com - Home or Stayz Holiday Accommodation – 20,000+ Holiday Rentals across Australia

alternatively you could contact headstart homestay, Redlands Retreat or familyfriendlyhomes to see if they have any vacancies.

Good Luck with everything

Cal x

Hi Cal - thanks for your help. We have now secured a house for a month in Redcliffe. A couple of other helpful sites with short lets are Holiday rental properties Australia wide - realholidays.com.au and also Accommodation holiday house rentals- TakeABreak - both seem to have quite a few properties available for short term lets which would suit families emigrating from the UK. They are mainly holiday cottages / apartments - but quite a lot of 2+ bedroom places and at reasonable rates. Worth a look!

Guest jac yoos

HI

If anybody is looking for short term accommodation for the Christmas period. We are leaving Caloundra 1 hour north of Brisbane on the Sunshine Coast. on 10th Dec until 27th Dec so our 4 bed 2 bath home (with swimming pool) will be available for the 17 days. We did the same thing last time we went home to England and it was great for the family as they were able to look for their own place whilst they were here. We live very close to the beach and shops etc and it is a wonderful spot. Let me know if this is helpful to anyone.

• 1 month later...

Things do tend to get booked up well in advance. I often get enquiries from people looking to stay a month or more.....starting "next week" and unfortunately I am unable to help people because I get booked up so far in advance. Do book early so you get somewhere decent, rather than the left overs LOL

Love

Rudi

x

Things do tend to get booked up well in advance. I often get enquiries from people looking to stay a month or more.....starting "next week" and unfortunately I am unable to help people because I get booked up so far in advance. Do book early so you get somewhere decent, rather than the left overs LOL

Love

Rudi

x

So true Rudi, i am almost full for the rest of this year and have already taken bookings for February and August next year !

Kate (moving2melbourne) did a thread on not leaving the booking of your arrival accommodation until last minute, i might try and find it and bump it up.

Cal x

Guest Scottboyo

Redcliffe for those not in the know is not a 'Half hour drive' to the CBD, it's a good hour and transport there is limited - you'd be better moving to Warner, Strathpine or Samford somewhere, much more do-able...

Archived