welsh family in need of info from over the pond xxx

pau1evs

so guys

or gud day mate !!

hia alright

so just a quick post as this site seems huge very daunting

we are a family of 5 been granted visas to oz a long time waiting !!!!!!!!!

anyone out there with good info about shipping from the uk

xxx coping with kids moving xxx

even down to decent search sites in oz

ozzie , pom or welsh info is good

Hi Guys and welcome to Poms In Oz, we are a big site but we are all friendly and will help where possible.

There are lots of shippers out there, some seem to get better feedback than others. Rule of thumb seems to be get 3 or 4 companys out for quotes and then play each off for price, settling with the company YOU feel most confident with.

A few company's who get regular decent feedback on here are Crown Relo, Dorree Bonner, PSS, Pickfords and Whites.

We moved here with a 3 yr old and 7 yr old and believe me i was dreading the flight!! Thankfully it wasn't half as bad as i expected and i managed to arrive in Brisbane complete with my sanity,,, Just! lol

Good Luck with everything and i hope to see you around the forum.

Cal x

Agree with Cal, get some quotes from different shippers.

My children were 7 and 11, we were probably more worried about our 11 year old, she'd started high school in the Sept in the UK and we came to Oz in the January, in one sense that helped, she'd already left the familiarity of her old school behind and embarked on something new. We'd managed to get a rental prior to coming so knew the suburb we'd be staying at and the children had been provisionally accepted at one of the local primary schools. The principle was great, he got my daughter a pen pal who would be in her class and prior to moving they corresponded by email and msn - so by the time she arrived she 'knew' several people in her class, had an idea of who the teachers were etc. This really made the move much less daunting and I would certainly reccommend it.

Ali

Archived