New Timeline Monitor Site

Guest grant6607

Guest grant6607

Hi Everyone,

I am a user of this site and the timeline spreadsheets as I am a 175 CSL applicant. I saw a need for a site that could be dedicated to that so went ahead and whipped one up. It is much like beupdate but without all the ads and hopefully a bit more user friendly. I just got it online yesterday so it is sure to have a few bugs out of the gate but i'll get them sorted as we find them.

I managed to write a script that imported the 175 and 176 visa's from the spreadsheet so everyone will be on there. None are password protected right now but if you update them you can add your own password.

Anyway, hopefully you all find it useful as it is only worthwhile if everyone uses it and updates it. Have a look, i'd love to hear your feedback!

aussietimeline.com | Australian Visa Application Timeline Tracker

-- Grant

BTW. I have tried to reach out to Drew a few times regarding the spreadsheets but haven't heard back?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Grant

Thanks very much for your new timeline monitor. :hug:

I have closed Drew's thread until you, he and Samfire have had a chance to discuss matters between you.

Meanwhile, would it be complicated to transfer the data for the 475 visa applications across to your new monitor, please? If it can be done without sweat, I am sure that all the applicants for the sc 475 visas would be very grateful, as would I. :notworthy:

I will sit tight and await your verdict about this. I haven't a clue about computers, cyberspace etc so I have no idea whether it would be a pain to add the 475s or not.

Many thanks

Gill

Guest grant6607

Wow, you have to love it when things are actually easier than expected, that never happens! The 475 format was very similar to the 176 so I was able to reuse that script and all 475's have now been imported.

BTW, I should note that in all 3 spreadsheets I did not import any rows that did not have a valid application date. Without that I found that data relatively useless.

Also, i just received a note from a user that other peoples data can be editied. I am aware of this issue but there was not way for me to create passwords on users behalf especially when I have no email contacts. When you edit your timeline you have to enter a password and from that point on you must verify it with subsequent updates. We'll have to rely on the honor system in the get go and I can manually fix data if anything gets incorrectly updated.

-- Grant

Guest moving down under

Thanks Grant, it looks great. I also really liked the one that Drew did, but I know he was ready to give it to someone else.

Thanks to both of you for all your hard work. It's appreciated.

Guest threespire

Great timeline - many thanks to you and "Golden Grahams" for the previous one - much appreciated - let's hope we start seeing lots of 175's (and all others too !!!) allocated to CO's and granted very soon,:spinny:

Kirsty x

Guest grant6607

Thanks for all the great feedback thus far! Keep the feedback coming, I have managed to identify and fix a couple of bugs brought to my attention by all of you :)

I will be away on holidays until Monday so won't be able to respond until then, so don't think I have vanished :)

@ritu - Thanks very much for pointing that out! I just posted a new version that has support for Risk.

I also added a few new search refinements for "CO Only" and "Completed Only" which I think is very useful.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Guest grant6607

Hi Everyone, I am back from holidays and just made a few improvements in response to some great feedback I have received:

1. Added a new "State Sponsored" search refinement
  2. Added ability to order results by Date Applied, Date CO, and Date Granted (for all either ascending or descending)

I have also noticed some people have been entering dates that are in the future. I am pretty sure this has been an accident of not setting the year back to 2008. Nonetheless, I will work on some data validation to try and keep the time line data clean.

Cheers,

-- Grant

Hello folks

I wld like to suggest the following to all prospective applicants/ applicants whose case is in progress and hope its useful (based on my experience):

1. Try to apply online only

2. Make sure to call the department in case you have sent an email after making an application and ensure that your documents have been passed on to the case officer (I have felt that even if documents are uploaded, some of them are never delivered to the case officer and the process keeps rolling for a while),

3. Its useful to follow up with the case officer in-between,

4. In case you are an off-shore applicant and you need to leave Australia (with your pre-grant letter), better pass on your travel details in advance and again call up the Department, else you may have to wait for long in the consulates abroad and thats irritating indeed,

Cheers and Best wishes to all

Regards

Hap

Hi Everyone,

I am a user of this site and the timeline spreadsheets as I am a 175 CSL applicant. I saw a need for a site that could be dedicated to that so went ahead and whipped one up. It is much like beupdate but without all the ads and hopefully a bit more user friendly. I just got it online yesterday so it is sure to have a few bugs out of the gate but i'll get them sorted as we find them.

I managed to write a script that imported the 175 and 176 visa's from the spreadsheet so everyone will be on there. None are password protected right now but if you update them you can add your own password.

Anyway, hopefully you all find it useful as it is only worthwhile if everyone uses it and updates it. Have a look, i'd love to hear your feedback!

aussietimeline.com | Australian Visa Application Timeline Tracker

-- Grant

BTW. I have tried to reach out to Drew a few times regarding the spreadsheets but haven't heard back?

Guest grant6607

Hi Everyone,

I just put up a new page on the site to aggregate data so we can spot recent trends. It is just a start but I posted numbers for the previous month activity including average days and counts.

If there are any other stats you think would be useful please let me know and I'll see what I can do. :wacko:

Cheers,

-- Grant

http://aussietimeline.com/statistics.php

• 3 weeks later...
Guest grant6607

Congrats CarterTucker! If you go find your timeline in the list and press the "Edit" button on the RHS you can edit and password protect your own timeline.

Congrats again!

Guest grant6607

Hi Everyone,

I have been putting in some work the site lately and have made some significant upgrades (I hope :wink:)

Namely:

• Created a Statistics page
  • added days to CO and days to Process of each relevant timeline
  • moved the Edit Button to the LHS
  • Support for class 143 and 173 visas
  • Invisible email address on edit mode

There have been a few others which I keep track of on the "News" page: News | aussietimeline.com | Australian Visa Application Timeline Tracker

As always I'd love to hear your feedback, what do you love and what do you hate?? Contact me via the contact form: Contact/Feedback | aussietimeline.com | Australian Visa Application Timeline Tracker

-- Grant

Guest Kos Klang

Hi all,

Pete 43, Chris 41, Leah 17, Melina 15.

Hubby main applicant, applied 457 skilled visa 30th August 2008, No CO as yet! Passed vetassess April 2008, sent all required info aswell! :sad:

Now applied for 175 state sponsorship, hoping to move to Sunshine Coast.

Heard back from 175 to say 12 weeks till reply, so due a reply mid September '09. How can it take this long, over a year nearly since visa application

Not sold house yet off market for now - just as well eh!

Anyone else waiting and waiting! :arghh:

Guest Kos Klang

Hi, Thanks!

Will post on the thread to compare.

Really hope we are not the only ones to be made to wait like this!!!!!!:frown:

Hi Everyone,

I just put up a new page on the site to aggregate data so we can spot recent trends. It is just a start but I posted numbers for the previous month activity including average days and counts.

If there are any other stats you think would be useful please let me know and I'll see what I can do. :wacko:

Cheers,

-- Grant

Statistics | aussietimeline.com | Australian Visa Application Timeline Tracker

Hi Grant

Just wanted to say; thank you...you are doing a great job with these timelines. Keep up the good work.

Tasha:wubclub:

Guest Impatient

Site looks cool, any chance you can set it up so that you don't have to enter a date for visa submission if you are still at the SS stage? Had to make up a date to submit our timeline.

Thanks for the effort you have put in, nice one.

Archived