Help Required - Converting 175 to 176

Guest SAM2010

Guest SAM2010

Hi,

SAM here from India (HR country), I lodged my 175 GSM (MODL Only) visa application in the month of August 2008.

After that, I resigned from job and joined my studies. Since then I am not working in my nominated skilled occupation.

If I convert my already lodged 175 GSM visa application to 176 -

What will be the lodgement date considered by DIAC in further processing of

my visa, Initial 175 lodgement date or The 176 conversion date ?

At the time of my visa lodgement as well as Sponsorship application,

I could meet the sponsorship / visa requirement criteria - "12 months of experience out of last 24 months".

By the time I get my sponsorship and convert my application from 175 to 176

in next month, I will be loosing the above eligibility requirement "12 months of experience out of last 24 months"

I am afraid, If DIAC process my visa by considering new conversion date of 176, My visa may get rejected.

So, I am confused whether to stick on to 175 or to accept the sponsorship. :unsure:

I would be grateful with any advise given on this.

Regards,

SAM :smile:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Sam

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

You have noticed that DIAC say "Subclass 175" and "subclass 176." A subclass implies that there must be a Class. There is. Both of these visas are in Class VE (migrant) etc.

Because of this an application for a 175 is automatically also an application for a 176 as well.

The effect is that if you accept the offer of State Sponsorship, all that you need to do is to confirm to the ASPC that you have accepted the State sponsorship and ask the ASPC to accept that you wish them to switch your application from being one for an sc 175 to being one for an sc 176.

You do not have to make a new application or pay a new fee. You have already made your application for one or other of the two visas. The rules applicable on the date of the application stay the same.

So you are fine. Go ahead and accept the SS offer, I suggest.

Cheers

Gill

Guest SAM2010
Hello Sam

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

You have noticed that DIAC say "Subclass 175" and "subclass 176." A subclass implies that there must be a Class. There is. Both of these visas are in Class VE (migrant) etc.

Because of this an application for a 175 is automatically also an application for a 176 as well.

The effect is that if you accept the offer of State Sponsorship, all that you need to do is to confirm to the ASPC that you have accepted the State sponsorship and ask the ASPC to accept that you wish them to switch your application from being one for an sc 175 to being one for an sc 176.

You do not have to make a new application or pay a new fee. You have already made your application for one or other of the two visas. The rules applicable on the date of the application stay the same.

So you are fine. Go ahead and accept the SS offer, I suggest.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks a lot for your prompt response Gill, Clears my query completely.

I have decided to accept my SA sponsership.

Regards,

SAM :smile:

Archived