You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest SkyeStephen09

Spouse 309 Visa processing times-anyone also been advised of long wait??

Guest SkyeStephen09

Hi All,

We applied (late unfortunately) for our Aus Spouse 309 Visa in May.

We hadn't heard anything from Govt regarding case officer/case file number until a good 3-4 weeks later (though it had arrived the next day after sending).

We were then advised that due to high workloads, our visa would not be assessed/processed until another 3-4 months time. My partner and I have snce had to move back to our own countries due to visa expiration and to save funds, however this is driving us nuts!

We've been advised that we have everything we need, and that we have ample evidence for the application.We frontloaded everything possible also months in advance!

We were advised our "Processing Position" was number 7160. Given the Gov't only allows a set quota for entrance per annum, i'm guessing there'd be about 20,000 odd allowed through yearly. Also, the processing year for visas run from something like June 01 - May 31. So as its now July (and at the end), that could only mean (i'm assunming) there were a large quantity of applicants prior to June, and they therefore had to carry over the applications into the next "processing year".

Does anyone know if theres any truth in this? Or am i guessing? Anyone else with the same problem? :confused:

Has anyone else applying for the same Visa been given the same feedback,and also been advised of a 3-4 month Visa processing wait?????

Let me know how you're going, what you were told and any feedback you've been given?! Let me know your Position number too if you know! Will be interestin to share!

Thanks everyone!

Good luck!

Skye & Stephen

Guest Emcooper

when we applied for ours we are given the email that said processing times were 3-4 months too. i think thats a general email they send out to everyone, although we had confirmation that it was recieved about 3 or 4 days after it was sent. Ive never heard of the processing position number! we never got one of those. ours took 7 and a bit weeks. there is a thread on gere for the offshore spouse visa applications and the timleines of everyone if you do a search.

Guest SkyeStephen09

Hi Emcooper!

Thanks for your response/input :)

Yeah we were aware it could take up to 3 months anyway as a rule, however our C/O actually said it would be processed and decided between 21st Ausgust - 21 September...

We're sick of being apart already though!! ITs been 2-3 months already :(

Were you given a timeframe in which a decision would be made??

Thanks heaps

when we applied for ours we are given the email that said processing times were 3-4 months too. i think thats a general email they send out to everyone, although we had confirmation that it was recieved about 3 or 4 days after it was sent. Ive never heard of the processing position number! we never got one of those. ours took 7 and a bit weeks. there is a thread on gere for the offshore spouse visa applications and the timleines of everyone if you do a search.