Guest SkyeStephen09

Spouse 309 Visa processing times-anyone also been advised of long wait??

Guest SkyeStephen09

:arghh:Hi All,

We applied (late unfortunately) for our Aus Spouse 309 Visa in May.

We hadn't heard anything from Govt regarding case officer/case file number until a good 3-4 weeks later (though it had arrived the next day after sending).

We were then advised that due to high workloads, our visa would not be assessed/processed until another 3-4 months time. My partner and I have snce had to move back to our own countries due to visa expiration and to save funds, however this is driving us nuts!

We've been advised that we have everything we need, and that we have ample evidence for the application.We frontloaded everything possible also months in advance!

We were advised our "Processing Position" was number 7160. Given the Gov't only allows a set quota for entrance per annum, i'm guessing there'd be about 20,000 odd allowed through yearly. Also, the processing year for visas run from something like June 01 - May 31. So as its now July (and at the end), that could only mean (i'm assunming) there were a large quantity of applicants prior to June, and they therefore had to carry over the applications into the next "processing year".

Does anyone know if theres any truth in this? Or am i guessing? Anyone else with the same problem? :confused:

Has anyone else applying for the same Visa been given the same feedback,and also been advised of a 3-4 month Visa processing wait?????

Let me know how you're going, what you were told and any feedback you've been given?! Let me know your Position number too if you know! Will be interestin to share!

Thanks everyone!

Good luck!

Skye & Stephen

My partner and I have snce had to move back to our own countries due to visa expiration

A couple of quick questions.

1. Where did you apply?

2. Where were you living at the time of application?

3. Where are each of you living at the moment?

4. Which one of you is the Australian citizen?

5. What was the visa the non-Australian citizen held at the time of application?

Les Mighalls BDS LLB(Hons) LDS FACLM, MARA Reg. No. 0639714

Migration Assistance Australia

www.migrationassistance.com.au

Guest Emcooper

hi, im sure i posted before but it musnt have gone through!!

when we sent our application off we recieved an email stating processing times are around 3-4 months. from the way it was worded it seems as if its a general email sent out to everybody, stating things like not to leave work book flights etc etc until the visa has been granted.

I havent heard of the processing position number, we certainly didnt get one. Our application took about 7 and a bit weeks in all, we were allocated a case officer within the week when the application was recieved. I hope that yours goes through quicker than the allocated 3-4 months, especially as they have told you that they have all the info needed. unfortunatly its just the waiting game now which is hard I know.

Goodluck

Guest stehan

Hi - I applied for a spouse visa at the beginning of March and still waiting. Latest update from immigration is they are taking 6-9 months to process - very frustrating!!!

Guest Emcooper
Hi - I applied for a spouse visa at the beginning of March and still waiting. Latest update from immigration is they are taking 6-9 months to process - very frustrating!!!

Your location is down as being in Sydney, assuming you applied onshore. As far as Im aware the processig times in Oz are different to processing times in the UK although Im not sure by how much.