Skills Shortages in Oz

Guest Denise Cole

Guest Denise Cole

Hi All,

I have just recently joined Tanner Menzies Executive Search Recruiters to manage the attraction and placement of International Candidates (mainly Pommes).

I recruit across all market segments and will be more than happy to work together with you to find the 'right' opportunity here in Australia. There are some restrictions though, you will have to match the skills requirements on the migration list. (sorry that is set by the Govt)

Main skills I am looking to relocate at present are:

Water Engineers

Credit Analysts - Financial Markets

Rail Engineers - Track and Signal

System Engineers with Defence

Manufacturing Engineers

National Account Managers - FMCG

Business Development Managers - FMCG/Pharma

plus lots lots more.....

I moved over here 4 years ago (from Essex - no jokes please) so I appreciate some of the frustrations that go hand in hand with the move and will hopefully be able to alleviate at least some of them. I am by no means a migration agent tho.. but I know someone who is

Be great to hear from you

All the best

Denise

Hi Denise

Don't know if you can help us, the problem we're having, is my husband is a qualified train driver which is not on the occupations list. He was an Aircraft technician airframe before leaving the forces to become a train driver, however as his aircraft experience was over 3 years ago I don't think he can select this on the skills occupation list? Is this right?

If you could give us any advice, it would be gratefully received or is it a case of forgetting our dream to emigrate to Australia :cry:

Many thanks

Ellen

Hi Denise

Great to see your post. My OH is in Defence in the UK at the moment. He passed the skills test as a Mathematician, we've got a yes for STNI from Victoria and we've had our visa application acknowledged so hopefully we are well on our way (apart from the house) but as you may know Defence is not the easiest of areas when it comes to migration. If I send you his CV would you please be kind enough to tell me what you think.

Emma x

Guest dave&donna

Hi Denise

haven't looked at your website so it might answer my question but just wondered if you're looking for people wanted to move to sydney or anywhere?

we're torn between south WA and melbourne at the moment but really all relies on job prospects for my oh who is an engineer/mechanic and just beginning tra process probably as a fitter (which is on the modl) - he's worked on heavy machinery (material handling) here and that's ideally what he'd like to do again. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Donna

Guest Andync30

Hi there,

Me and my partner are seriously looking into moving out to the beautiful Australia!! We are both from Essex to!!!! :eek: Im 24 and my partner is 23.

Im a qualified Pattern and Model Maker with 5yrs full time experience, Model Maker is on some of the Goverment lists. Parts of my Job also involve boat repairs, fibreglass, tool and jig making etc etc. Are these the sort of professions you are looking for? Any info would be great, we are heading back out there asap so we can find out where we really want to settle down.

Thanks

Andy

Guest ptmad

Hi Denise,

Dont suppose you have anything going for plumbers??? or know of any companys that can help? we are just at the very beginning with our application, and know we have a long way to go. but cant wait to get there!

thanks for your time. cheers ptmad

Hi Denise

I work in Manufacturing in FMCG .I work for Coca Cola in the Uk as a Senior technician and am a Maintenance fitter by trade.We are hoping to move to Melbourne in Jan 08 and I was wondering if you could help with employment in this State.????

Regards

Neil....:jiggy:

Guest Denise Cole

Hi Donna,

I cover the whole of Australia, and although I work for TannerMenzies, this is part of a very large group of recruitment companies (Vedior)

Please send me a copy of the CV and that will give me a great understanding of the skills and background

dcole@tannermenzies.com

All the best

D

Guest Denise Cole

Hi Trudy,

Please keep in touch with me nearer the time my work email is dcole@tannermenzies.com. I will in the meantime make some enquiries.

please also send me a copy of your resumes, qualifications etc.

Many thanks

Denise

Guest Denise Cole
Hi Denise,

Dont suppose you have anything going for plumbers??? or know of any companys that can help? we are just at the very beginning with our application, and know we have a long way to go. but cant wait to get there!

thanks for your time. cheers ptmad

Let me make some enquiries... will need a copy of your resume tho

dcole@tannermenzies.

Thanks

D

Guest Denise Cole
Hi there,

Me and my partner are seriously looking into moving out to the beautiful Australia!! We are both from Essex to!!!! :eek: Im 24 and my partner is 23.

Im a qualified Pattern and Model Maker with 5yrs full time experience, Model Maker is on some of the Goverment lists. Parts of my Job also involve boat repairs, fibreglass, tool and jig making etc etc. Are these the sort of professions you are looking for? Any info would be great, we are heading back out there asap so we can find out where we really want to settle down.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

So where in essex you from... I'm a Colchester girl myself.... ;O)

I'm not personally looking for qualified Pattern and Model Makers at the moment, however I manage international recruitment for a large group of companies under the banner of Vedior, so this could very well change.

please send me a copy of your CV and i will make some enquiries.

dcole@tannermenzies.com

All the best

D

Guest graham$nic

hi my oh is a production line tec working with robots for manipulation and fabrication and is also a qualified electrician and fabricator welder can you help on the job front ...

Guest jenny79
Hi All,

I have just recently joined Tanner Menzies Executive Search Recruiters to manage the attraction and placement of International Candidates (mainly Pommes).

Be great to hear from you

All the best

Denise

Denise, I'm from Malta, don't know whether you can help. I'm an Honours Communications graduate (second class, upper division), and am thinking of moving to Sydney. I applied under skilled-aust-sponsored.

any help, even if just advice, would be appreciated.

cheers,

Jenny

Guest The Spoonies

Hi Denise,

We're just waiting for our Visa (OH is being sponsored). We're coming to Sydney around July and I wondered if you would have anything suitable for me? I leave IBM next week after 7 years working my way through the ranks to Business Manager for Europe with key skills of Financial Analysis, Budgets & Planning amongst other things. Have no financial quals as I've been too busy doing the job!!! Have strong admin background as was PA prior to my current role. Would welcome guidance if possible!.

Corina

Guest spock

Looks like you've opened the flood gates Denise.

I'm early on in my skills assessment yet, but I'd lilke to get in touch later on in the year.

What a find!

Cheers,

Spock.

Guest jonseywife

Hi Denise

Thanks for the offer of help, you know you'll be inundated now with us all from PIO!!!:biggrin:

We hav'nt got visa yet............. but it wont be long 9fingers crosed). Will probably be in Melbourne Sept/Oct. 07, so Ive kept your e-mail address and wil definately be contacting you. (OH is a gas registered plumber)

Cheers

Sally-ann

Guest andylane

Hi

I was a manufacturing Engineer with a Defence company (RO Defence) on Land Systems Tanks and Large UFH Guns. Would you be interested in that. I was looking at Brisbane to work as my wife has had agencies phoning her from there as she is a nurse.

Anyway i will send you a cv.

regards

Andrew Lane

• 2 months later...
Guest Denise Cole

Hi Everyone,

Not posted on this thread for a while.. and I have spent the last few weeks on a round-robin of our offices in Sydney Perth, Melb, Adelaide, Bris and NewZealand to ascertain the skill shortages nationally.. .and yep lets face it there is a huge shortage in certain areas.

As previously posted I head up the international Recruitment for Tanner Menzies (we are also one of the fastest growing exective recruitment agences in Australia) my role is dedicated to working closely with all our offices nationally to help place overseas skilled professionals

Within the mining sector I am looking for -

geologists,

hydrogeologists,

Mining engineers open cut or underground

etc...

also

project engineers,

project managers

civil engineers that have worked within mining infrastructure or large scale water, road, tunnel and bridge projects.

From a manufacturing perspective - Managers, NPI engineers, reliability, electrical, mechanical

Defence - anyone that has ATC software or systems experience C++, ADA, Realtime.... there will be an ongoing need in the defence sector due to some huge projects being won in SA, WA and VIC... so watch this space.. or contact me.

Banking and Finance- Credit analysts

Financial Analyst

Relationship manager

Commercial Bankers (Lending/Investments)

Change Manager (integration of off shoring)

Please feel free to drop me a line and I will do what I can to help.. .

... and I would also like to thank those who have contacted me already... I am working with my team to help you.

Best regards

Denise (dcole@tannermenzies.com)

Guest dannyboy

Denise,

What is the IT market like for Service Managers / Helpdesk Manager / Business development managers like? I currently work for an IT service company mainly dealing with large blue chips like HBOS, Abbey, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, Channel 4. I'm going to be in Melbourne in early Sept - what are the chances for jobs like this?

thanks

Dannyboy

:unsure:

Archived