(East) Midlands Panel Doctors/Medicals

Guest destinationoz

Guest destinationoz

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good panel doctor for our meds between Nottingham, Stoke on Trent, Sheffield or Birmingham? I'll check prices too but would really welcome any views on people's experiences.

Thanks lots!!

Hi there we had our medicals done at Hanford (Stoke-on-Trent) we were quite satisfied, can't remember the cost as it was last May, but i have 4 children and the youngest would have been 1, 4, 8 and 10, the doc was really good with them. I never checked prices any where else as these were on our doorstep.

Best of luck with your meds

Tania X

Guest Rich&Jules

Hi

We had our medicals done at Tudor Medical Centre, Edwards Lane in Nottingham (next to the Nottingham City Hospital, although not connected !)in April this year . We were very impressed with the service that we received both prior to the meds and whilst we were they. Our medicals cost £500.00 incl for myself, oh and our 2 year old son. Total time from having the medicals done to arriving in Oz was 5 working days, (this included the bloods being set to Manchester & back to Nottingham) just shows what service you get when you pay.

From our own experience we found the prices to be standard. Just remember that your x-rays need to be done at a private hospital so just be aware of the distance between the medical centre and the hospital as they both need to be done the same day. We went to the Park Hospital Nottingham off A614 about 10 minutes drive away.

I hope this helps

All the best

Jules

Visa granted 19th June and off to Melbourne

Guest Lyndhurst

we had ours done in huddersfield..... very good i must say.. xrays 3.30 at huddersfield hospital x 3 about £160

and then medicals 4.30 at the practice next door X 3 adults and 1 child abour £480 i think and then £105 for bloods..

all done finished and on our way home for 6 oclock....

We went to Handsworth Wood in Birmingham and they were great. Doctors really friendly and put all at ease, really efficient, xrays and medicals all done there at one place and they were really good at sending them to HOC, they gave us a reference number and told us when they were sent, so we could track when they arrived in Australia.

Denise x

Guest destinationoz

Thank you everyone - great advice and tips !

Heard other people saying huddersfield is good but I think we'll go for Nottingham as its closest - you're right Jules - it is amazing how good things are when you're paying directly!!

Thanks again all!!

Thank you everyone - great advice and tips !

Heard other people saying huddersfield is good but I think we'll go for Nottingham as its closest - you're right Jules - it is amazing how good things are when you're paying directly!!

Thanks again all!!

We went to Nottingham, the doctor made us feel at ease and he even gave me a sticker for being brave when I had my bloods taken :o)

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good panel doctor for our meds between Nottingham, Stoke on Trent, Sheffield or Birmingham? I'll check prices too but would really welcome any views on people's experiences.

Thanks lots!!

Hi there

We had our medicals done last week with Dr Talpur at Hanford Medical Centre, Stoke on Trent, adults were £130 each and children £65.00 each. Two weeks prior to that we had to attend the North Staffs Hospital to have our chest xrays and bloods done so that the results would be with Dr Talpur by the time we arrived at his surgery 2 weeks later.

Chest xrays were adults £48.00 each, children £24.00 each. Bloods were £94.82 for 2 adults or £142.23 for 3 adults, children under 15 dont have to have the bloods done.

If you or any of your family intend to work in the health profession you have to have an extra blood test and the total for one person would be £57.90 because it includes Hep B & Hep C as well as the HIV which the other blood test is for.

The doctor was very good and I would recommend him.

Hope all that makes sense.

Debbie :spinny:

Archived