Guest Smell the Glove

EVisitor assistance

Guest Smell the Glove

Hi,

I’m British and returning to Australia on an EVisitor visa, then applying for a defacto visa with my Australian girlfriend. I hope to start working as soon as the Defacto visa is granted but I’ve heard that I may have to wait until the EVistior visa has expired.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem? When my defacto is granted will I have to wait 3, 6, 12 months before I can start a job?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hi,

I’m British and returning to Australia on an EVisitor visa, then applying for a defacto visa with my Australian girlfriend. I hope to start working as soon as the Defacto visa is granted but I’ve heard that I may have to wait until the EVistior visa has expired.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem? When my defacto is granted will I have to wait 3, 6, 12 months before I can start a job?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

You can not work on an E Visa, you can apply for a spouse visa onshore but you can not work until it is granted.

When your spouse visa is granted it cancels the evisa so you dont have to wait but the wait for the spouse visa can take some time depending on the evidence you have, complications such as health etc. Also from threads on the forums spouse visas take a lot longer onshore than offshore, several months longer.

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011