Calling all ACT PIO'ers!

Guest Squem

Hi all,

Moved out of our house last week so have not been online, nointernet in the new place as we will only be here till Christmas & everyone wants 12 month contracts - I am typing this note on my mobile so apologies for any typos.

We are going to book our flights this weekend - probably for boxing day into Melbourne then to Kyabram Vic. for a New years eve party we have already had an invite to!

We will then take a few weeks to tour around & have a holiday before arriving in ACT later in January to face reality & knuckle down to buiding our new lives in Aus.

Regarding form 80 we uploaded Catherines (the main applicant) while waiting for a CO but as I have a large family it would have been a knightmare so decided to wait until asked for it & luckily we weren't, also to the guys with the house sale dilemmas - for us waiting for sponsorship was the longest & most agonising part of the process, once we got it the visa was easy so if you get an offer take the money and run!

Not sure if any of this makes sense cos The screen is to small to proof read it so I am posting anyway & will edit or delete when I get on a prper computer...

Rob

ps thanks for starting the thread Squem

Well done Rob that was a very good mobile message!!! I would have got annoyed replying on my phone after 2 sentences :)

Sounds like everything is going well for you!! Can't believe you have New Years planned already good going :)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest destinationoz
Aha I found it Desty! I would love to organise a few social gatherings! I guess the first few will have to be arranged from my room in the UK haha!

Oooo Guess what folks.... WE'VE SOLD THE HOUSE!!

oooooo yeah! xx

Great news Squem .... on both counts .... selling the house is fantastic news - your Dad must be very pleased but that's you homeless for a while!! You'd better get yourslf over to Aus and start organising those socials then by the time we reach there - you'll be a dab hand at it!!

Hi Squem

Congratulations on your house sale all you need to do is get to Aus. Hope to see you there when we come over the activiate in the summer.

Good Luck

Lynne

Aha I found it Desty! I would love to organise a few social gatherings! I guess the first few will have to be arranged from my room in the UK haha!

oooooo yeah! xx

HUGE Congratulations :spinny:

Guest mikka711

oooooo yeah! xx

Brilliant news on the house sale Squem:v_SPIN:z4ab2aefa15933.gif

Guest mikka711

And Desty best of luck with your medicals - bet it feels like you're on the home strait now.. ours are booked for a couple of weeks' time:v_SPIN:

Hi Everyone

I haven't been on here for ages as we've been getting everything ready, emtying the house etc.

Well any way we've arrived now. Been in Canberra 1 week and loving it had never been before so was little nervous that Canberra wouldn't be as I envisaged, but no worries. We're in a temp rental for now while we look for somewhere to live. Looks like it's going to be around Woden as we like it here and its easy for work. Shopping Centre in Woden is wonderful.

Will keep everyone posted how its going, have heavy day of house hunting tomorrow.

Anyone still waiting to get here, like us that has never been I'm positive you'll love it as there seems to be something for everyone and everyone we've met so far have been fantastic.

Keep me posted on any get togethers

Jacqui

Hi Jacqui

Glad you are settling in and I hope everything goes ok on the house hunting front, keep us informed.

Hope to see you in summer next year when we come over.

Lynne

Hi Everyone

I haven't been on here for ages as we've been getting everything ready, emtying the house etc.

Well any way we've arrived now. Been in Canberra 1 week and loving it had never been before so was little nervous that Canberra wouldn't be as I envisaged, but no worries. We're in a temp rental for now while we look for somewhere to live. Looks like it's going to be around Woden as we like it here and its easy for work. Shopping Centre in Woden is wonderful.

Will keep everyone posted how its going, have heavy day of house hunting tomorrow.

Anyone still waiting to get here, like us that has never been I'm positive you'll love it as there seems to be something for everyone and everyone we've met so far have been fantastic.

Jacqui

Hey Jacqui,

Glad to hear you have arrived ok and settling in :)

Good luck with the house search!!

Em x

Hi Everyone

Jacqui

Hi Jacqui

Glad that you have found Canberra to your liking, like you we have never visited Canberra before and not 100% sure what we are going to find when we arrive at the end of October albeit that i am sure we will find it to be everything we are looking for.

We are booked into our temporary accomodation in Griffith for five weeks which we hope will give us time to find the longer term rent we will need before we buy in the long term and Woden is one of the areas we want to look at along with half a dozen others which we will survey when we arrive.

I hope you continue to settle well.

Hi Jacqui

Glad that you have found Canberra to your liking, like you we have never visited Canberra before and not 100% sure what we are going to find when we arrive at the end of October albeit that i am sure we will find it to be everything we are looking for.

We are booked into our temporary accomodation in Griffith for five weeks which we hope will give us time to find the longer term rent we will need before we buy in the long term and Woden is one of the areas we want to look at along with half a dozen others which we will survey when we arrive.

Great news - we are in the same boat too- not been before, very grateful for your reassuring words. Had an offer on the house today - fingers crossed all goes well.

Keep us posted, great getting feedback from the greener grass x

Guest destinationoz

Hi Jacqui

Great news! Thanks for the positive feedback - so what's the houses like, what are the areas like, have you found any good schools (if relevant!!!) - I realise you won't have much time to write back just now but its always great to hear how people are getting on in ACT!!!

There's some great posts on one of the canberra threads (10 things ....) from KatC (??) about places to live - maybe useful ...

hope everyone else stuck back here is cool - we've had our medicals which seemed to go well and just waiting for police checks now ... getting the house valued next week!

speak soon

desty

Hi Jacqui

Hi

I'm sure you'll love it & my the time you arrive the weather should be excellent. We're having storms at the moment, luckily rain was during the night, but it's definatly looking dodgy now. You'll be really close to everything in Griffith so exploring should be fun. Think about getting a car ASAP we're struggling abit without but hopefully should have something sorted this week.

Sooooo Sorry that I've dropped off the radar the last few weeks!! Got multiple virus infections in our new lap top because a certain person in our house (we'll name no names) downloaded a load of S*ite - so because our PC was already shipped, we had no internet access! We eventually managed to borrow one from a relative and we spent that precious time contacting Australia regarding our impending move.

Anyway, I'm pleased to report that I'm back online and we're leaving for Australia in about 2 hours time!!!!! Can't believe it - we've put down a very emotional and stressful week saying our goodbyes and we're exhausted. Will catch up with you all again as soon as we touch down on the other side! Best of luck to everyone and hope to see you all there.

Guest brizziebound

Good Luck, Samfire

Have a safe journey and all the best for the future.

We will be there in Febuary so hopefully be able to meet up.

let us all know how you get on.

Martin & Nicki.

Sooooo Sorry that I've dropped off the radar the last few weeks!! Got multiple virus infections in our new lap top because a certain person in our house (we'll name no names) downloaded a load of S*ite - so because our PC was already shipped, we had no internet access! We eventually managed to borrow one from a relative and we spent that precious time contacting Australia regarding our impending move.

Anyway, I'm pleased to report that I'm back online and we're leaving for Australia in about 2 hours time!!!!! Can't believe it - we've put down a very emotional and stressful week saying our goodbyes and we're exhausted. Will catch up with you all again as soon as we touch down on the other side! Best of luck to everyone and hope to see you all there.

Wishing you all the luck in the world, have a great flight xx

Samfire

Good luck to you all, have a grea flight

Peter

this is my first post.

we're very much at the start of pthe process is trying to get to ACT. We've appointed an agent and currently waiting for the results of our Vetassess. We are applying under a ss route, with my skills. there is me (30) and my wife (30). We would hope to go in around 2011 or early 2012.

whilst certain its the right thing for us to do, its quite daunting and i remain amazed at the number of steps to be taken. still, it'll be worth it.

its nice to read others' stories.

Samfire

Good luck with the move and hope to meet up in July when we come on a reccie to check it out.

Good luck with everything and I hope everything goes smoothly.

Lynne

Samfire

Have a good flight & let me know when you've arrived as I'm now in Canberra been here 2 weeks so it'll be great to meet up.

JacquiB

Sorry i'm luck mega late on my good luck message... kind of forgot about Poms for a while!!

GOOD LUCK Samfire! Although i'm sure you are there now enjoying life in Oz!! YAY!

Keep us posted xxx

this is my first post.

we're very much at the start of pthe process is trying to get to ACT. We've appointed an agent and currently waiting for the results of our Vetassess. We are applying under a ss route, with my skills. there is me (30) and my wife (30). We would hope to go in around 2011 or early 2012.

whilst certain its the right thing for us to do, its quite daunting and i remain amazed at the number of steps to be taken. still, it'll be worth it.

its nice to read others' stories.

Welcome to the ACT thread Jonord!

Emma

Archived