Reccie done and now the stress begins!

antandjack

Guest ashmalog
Hi Bonnie

We were so lucky with the house.

Where abouts are you heading to in Melbourne?

Good luck to you all as well

Jackie

We are looking at Berwick and Narre warren south but i loved mornington and something closer to the beach but housing is cheaper a bit further out. cannot wait to go - our validation trip was the best ever and i wish we could have stayed. just need to sell the house and fast but not without giving it away.

bonnie :daydreaming:

Guest ashmalog
Wow, what a lovely post to read. How fantastic everything has slotted into place for you. I must admit I am so jealous, we have the visas, but no buyer, not even any viewers for the house....so we are not going anywhere.

Hope the move goes smooth for you, good luck.

Mandisfam

snap we seem to be in the same boat! frustrating hey. my whole day is taken up with selling the house and when i get home from work and still no messages from the e/a i get so dispondant. you know when you want something so bad but you know it is out of your reach. I wish we could rent the house out but we need the money from the equity and there is no other option. i wish i could win the lottery too. i feel for you like i feel for everyone else in our situation. now i know there is no such word as good luck.

bonnie:hug:

Guest ashmalog
brilliant to hear that everything is going so well for you, we have just been granted our visa today to are very excited, we are heading to melbourne too

We really want to live in Geeong or possible ocean grove just outside, would love to hear your thoughts on there if you visited.

We are just waiting for someone to buy our house now, fingers crossed

Claire x

congratulations!!

well done that is one more ticked off. we went to geelong whilst on our validation trip but didnt see much in the way of suburbs. nice and clean and lovely fresh air. we saw jelly fish in the harbour!! I was frightened the kids would jump in after them!!! went to cunnington pier for some lunch - nice looking out on to the harbour.

I don't believe in luck anymore, more like fate, so let that happen for both of us.

bonnie

Guest ashmalog
Hi Great info,

We are heading out to Melbourne on the 30th July for our reccie and visa validation trip. Not looking forward to the flight with a 2 yr old! We only got the visa on the 1st July so it's been a bit of a wurl wind since then.

Planning on staying in Melbourne for 1 wk then Geelong for the 2nd mind you thats subject to change the only thing that is booked are the flights. Hopefully accommodatation to be booked later. Then this weekend is our daughters 2nd birthday party! why did I think it was a good idea to invite 15 children to our house!!!!

So just got to stay away from anyone with flu symptoms till then, not that I'm worring about anything !!!Just everything!!!

Fingers crossed for the house sale.

Ruth

Hi ruth

we have just done our validation trip and my youngest is 3. he slept most of the way. we flew emirates. all he wanted to do on the stop over was run around and go to the toilet!!! we packed everything but the kitchen sink and all he did was watch disney channel, eat (we prebooked kids meals) and sleep. we were suprised to say the least. even on the rtn journey when we were delayed 2hrs he gave us no hassle. we never touched anything in his backpack as emirates gave him puppets, bags and colouring stuff to do. I was very impressed with them and would certainly fly with them again.

wishing you a safe flight

bonnie

Guest gary12

quick tip for those flying with small children is to pack a beach ball, when ever you are waiting around find a quiter spot blow it up and get them running around after it, deflate pop in your bag and you are ready to go. It won't hurt if it hits someone and to be honest they don't travel that far anyway.

My boys both have Trunki suitcases Fantastic!! they play with them wheeling them up and down and if we have a long way to walk to the departure gate they just sit on and we pull them along.

Also when waiting in departures get everything you will need for take off into one bag, get really organised then get on the plane as one of the last. Priority boarding just means you have to keep your little one in a seat for another half hour or more. If you are organised you can just get on shove everything but the one bag in to the overheads buckle in and you are ready to go.

Melbourne is a great place best of luck to everyone

Michelle

We are looking at Berwick and Narre warren south but i loved mornington and something closer to the beach but housing is cheaper a bit further out. cannot wait to go - our validation trip was the best ever and i wish we could have stayed. just need to sell the house and fast but not without giving it away.

bonnie :daydreaming:

How long has your house been on the market?

I liked Mornington but really wasn't sure of Frankston!

Having a rubbish day today my little boy had a farewell do at school and then spent the whole evening sobbing so I fell like the worst mum ever!:cry:

Jackie x x

Guest ashmalog
How long has your house been on the market?

I liked Mornington but really wasn't sure of Frankston!

Having a rubbish day today my little boy had a farewell do at school and then spent the whole evening sobbing so I fell like the worst mum ever!:cry:

Jackie x x

arh!!i am dreading that day. my eldest finishes primary school tomorrow and that is a milestone in itself.

we didnt like frankston at all. frankston south was nice and a bit further out but i was totally put off franskston - they say 1st impressions last hey.

we have been on the market since aug 08 - but that was only testing the market as we hadnt got visa then. in december we went full out and have had 4 viewings since

then. 2 almost offers but they changed their minds!! i never take a promising viewing as a clue - you never can tell.

bonnie

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Jackie

Thank you for your reccie report, I love reading what peoples thoughts are and I am sure it helps lots of other people who cannot afford to make the trip to investigate. We love Melbourne, I still look at myself as a newbie, we have been here 5 years and are citizens now, but there is so much of Melbourne that I have to explore, it is one city where you can not be bored whatever you like in life there is something to satisfy everyone.

Good luck with the house sale.

Kate

in december we went full out and have had 4 viewings since

then. 2 almost offers but they changed their minds!! i never take a promising viewing as a clue - you never can tell.

bonnie

God I don't envy you!

We had viewings where they were saying "we love it ......we'll be in touch.......we want it" And then they told the estate agents they didn't like it!! wheres the logic so your right you can never tell.

Jackie x

Hi Jackie

Thank you for your reccie report, I love reading what peoples thoughts are and I am sure it helps lots of other people who cannot afford to make the trip to investigate. We love Melbourne, I still look at myself as a newbie, we have been here 5 years and are citizens now, but there is so much of Melbourne that I have to explore, it is one city where you can not be bored whatever you like in life there is something to satisfy everyone.

Good luck with the house sale.

Kate

Thanks Kate.

I have to say I always look at PIO web site very rarely put threads up but you always offer such good advice and for that I thank you.

Your right about Melbourne we travelled all the major cities in Oz and Melbourne was by far the best choice for us.

So I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Take care

Jackie x

Guest juliemtaylor
Hi, do you have to take a recci / validation trip or can you go over and stay over?

you can either go and start living in oz when you get your visa, or validate your visa by a certain date (by going for a hol/reccie) - usually a year from when your meds/Police checks were done. It will say the date in the visa I believe.

Julie x

Hi, do you have to take a recci / validation trip or can you go over and stay over?

Hi

You have to go to Australia and validate the visas when you get them and then come back to the Uk and then you are free to go back and stay.

The whole family on the visa has to go on the trip to validate so can be expensive :sad:

Jackie x

• 1 month later...

Archived