Breaking News:Jamie Neale found alive in Blue Mountains

Guest Aldo

Why do these silly people go off into the bush without telling anyone where they are going? It's a recipe for disaster! The Australian bush is not a walk in the UK countryside! Even experienced walkers can get lost.

Guest proud2beaussie

I hope he is found safe and well very soon but I can't believe that he just went walkabout without taking any supplies or food or even his phone.

Surely nobody is that silly.

He could have taken his phone but there are black spots all over sydney where mobile phones just don't work. Ihope he gets found soon. I don't like walking through the National Park just in case I get lost.

Guest mutikonka

It is very easy to get lost in the bush and most of these recent cases have involved people who have been walking in popular areas. I believe this young guy was walking near Katoomba in the Blue Mountains, which is very touristy and does not feel remote at all. But it only takes five minutes wandering off the track (either intentionally or by following a track made by wild animals such as pigs) to be utterly lost. This happened to me once near Wentworth Falls in the Blue Mountains and I ended up bashing through thick bush for ages until I found I had been only about 100 metres off the main track - I might as well have been 1km away, because the bush can be impenetrable.

Don't go wandering off into the bush on your own without being well prepared and letting someone know exactly where you're going and when you're due back .... and don't rely on having a mobile to get you out of trouble.

Guest proud2beaussie

Finding Jamie 'like searching for a needle in a haystack'

Police have received fresh information about the whereabouts of Jamie Neale, but admit finding the British backpacker in the Blue Mountains is "like searching for a needle in a haystack".

After six days of intensive searches since the 19-year-old went missing on July 4, police now say they hold grave concerns for his wellbeing.

Mr Neale left his Katoomba youth hostel about 9.40am on July 3 and police believe he had planned a bushwalk near Ruined Castle, a rock formation in the Jamison Valley.

There had been no further sighting of Mr Neale, but police yesterday were told Mr Neale was spotted about midday the next day on top of Ruined Castle "in good spirits and good health".

It's believed Mr Neale then intended to walk east towards Mt Solitary.

Guest MrPlodd
I was just thinking exactly the same....

From a serious point of view, it's all beginning to leave a strange taste in ya mouth, sympathies to the n-o-k , sincerely hope there is a positive solution to this.

Guest The McT's

So pleased he's ok. Had tears in my eyes, because of the weather up in Katoomba most were sure he'd had it. We've been following the story & watching the helicopters go overhead, (because its Nat Park here we only ever see the blackhawks from Glenbrook RAAF going over, anything else & we know its bad news).

Did anyone see the coverage of the UK family who got lost overnight with small kids near Springwood?? I was just wondering if they'd been out looking at the glow-worms. I took the kids to see the glow-worms with an organised group a few weeks ago & that was pretty hairy, bushwalking in the dark.

Guest mark29

I have just heard on the news that this lad has been found. Great news!! apparently he had been living on nettles!!

Guest The Pom Queen

Yes it was wonderful news and something that I don't think any of us thought could end on such a wonderful note!!

Archived