Complicated Pregnancy Question...!

Guest lausy81

Do you think I must be mad to have a baby and do a visa application???  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think I must be mad to have a baby and do a visa application???

• Yes, undoubtedly
    • No, go for it luvvie
    • Not sure you can do this
    • Who cares, just get to the sunshine!

Guest lausy81

Hi All,

First time poster so please forgive any mistakes!

Here's the situation: we are currently in the process of applying for PR with an agent. We're going based on my partners 10 years + IT experience and we're just at the stage of submitting our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) to the ACS Board and then we can submit our permanent visa.

Our agent has informed us that once we have our RPL approved we can go to Oz on a temp work visa until our PR Visa is approved, at which time we would just have to leave Oz for a day or two and then re-enter the country.

We are now just about to submit our RPL and then that takes around 3 months for approval then we hope to (try to) get my partner a job and apply for a temporary work visa so we're hoping to get there by Jan/Feb/March next year (or sooner if possible !!!!).:jiggy:

The problem is that we are now talking about having another baby (2nd) so I'm not sure how this would affect our visa application and the cost of medical care when we get there.

If my child is born in Australia will he be an Australian Citizen? Would they allow this? My sister has been in Perth for 5 years now and that's where we're planning to go so I'd have all the family support I need and hopefully wouldn't have to worry too much about getting a job straight away but I would hate for our temp work permit or permanent residency application to be rejected because I am or get pregnant....

The idea would be to have the baby over there as the plans are already in motion for us to get over there as soon as we can.... we are eager little oz bunnies!!!!

Any help or clarification anyone can give would be really useful so many thanks in advance!

Lausy

Guest Impatient

There is never a perfect time. The timing will dictate what you have to do with respect to visas. You may be able to amend your application or have to reapply. Depending on your visa status, baby may also end up as a citizen, or may not. Too many unknowns, so just make it up as you go along and do it!

Guest guest17301

The best laid plans always go pear shaped...go with the flow..(with a carefully thought out back-up plan) but be prepared to compromise!

If it were me I'd wait till you get here than think about babies-way too much stress otherwise..just my opinion though!

Guest Impatient
Excellent advice Imp...you can actually think too much.

Fi - never been accused of this!

I am a big fan of informed cuffing it. Plan early plan twice and all that stuff. Mrs Imp is pregnant at the moment, but it is quite straightforward for us because our visa is easy if I get my job and then we can wait until monster 3 is born before doing meds because we will not move until Aug 10. Baby on our application, easy peasy. I reckon that bringing a baby into Australia is not difficult, lots of people do it, so it will work out.

Wait and see where you are when you fall pregnant and then ask the question again - we might be more helpful than 'make it up as you go along' then (but no promises)!:hug:

Hi, we applied for a 175 pr visa in November, at the end of jan beginning of Feb i found out was pregnant with my 3. Luckily we had front loaded are meds and had them done in Dec. I did get priority processing because of the fact am pregnant and limited to when i can fly. We are due to fly out on 2nd of August as the latest i can fly is 34 weeks. I have been advised by wa community midwifes that my antenatal etc will be covered by medicare. So as soon as we arrive i need to apply for taxfile number and medicare and register straight away at local hospital. As we are on pr visa the baby will have citizenship automaticaly.

Personaly if it was planned and not accident i would of waited till we got to oz as it has been alot of stress and we only got granted visa in may which only gave me just over 3 months to get sorted and fly out.

Rachael

Guest proud2beaussie
If my child is born in Australia will he be an Australian Citizen?

Yes,any child born in Australia after 20 August 1986 is automatically an Australian citizen provided that at least one parent is a permanent resident or Australian citizen at the time of birth.

Archived