No Accrington for us- Oh has cut his finger off

lsbc1976

He had his operation today and hopefully its not going to e as bad as we first thought. They said all being well and it heals properly he should be able to ake the test. Fingers crossed.

x:spinny:

Was meant to be doing Joinery at Acrcrington on 6th . Hes just called his finger went in the planer at work. He doesnt have a finger now.

Will we lose all our money, he cant work so we cant pay the mortgage, oh god its all gone wrong before weve even started

Guest Lyndhurst

really feel for you.. OH's a joiner so i know its always a worry working with the tools they do, just wanted to send you a big hug :hug:, i know theres nothing i can say to make it better and sorry i dont know if you will get a refund...xx

Guest Impatient

Not sure about the technical aspects, but does this mean he can't ever do his job, or just that he is out for a period of time? My brother cut off most of a thumb and is not handicapped by it, even though he is a hands-on worker.

If it does not affect him working and he gets through the medical ok, there should be no issue.

Not sure about the technical aspects, but does this mean he can't ever do his job, or just that he is out for a period of time? My brother cut off most of a thumb and is not handicapped by it, even though he is a hands-on worker.

If it does not affect him working and he gets through the medical ok, there should be no issue.

I really dont know yet, he is at the hospital with his work mate while i sit here useless with the kids, its his ring finger so hopefully its not to much of a hadicap, means he will be out the game a while i suppose

Guest Impatient

Sounds alright to me (but not my finger!), don't worry until you have more info. Should still be able to work without his ring finger. More importantly, does he still have his ring...?

Guest Ben g

Had a pal of mine trip over whilst carrying a TV in the street, took his index finger right off.

Fortunately his wife had a sense of humor, She suggested to the doctor that he had another part of his body that resembled a finger, and seeing how he didn’t use it much could the doctor replace his missing finger with it.

I hope things work out for you.

Guest The "legdes"

Hey Guys,

Definately don't give up. My OH chopped his finger off with some petrol hedge trimmers a few years ago!

This thread will soon win the prize for the most gory - lol

Once he's got over his injury and its healed I bet you he'll just be able to work around it. Just give him some time to heal and adjust and you'll be taking the test before you know it.

I really sympathisethough , I could cry for you as its so awful when this process gets a set back. Its bad enough without them. Just remember though that's all it is - a set back. Good luck - let us know how it goes.

Archived