Mark Webber wins maiden F1 Grand Prix

Guest proud2beaussie

Guest proud2beaussie

I think (For that read HOPE !) that it's the first of many,he's in a good car now I reckon.

He's always had the talent but not the car IMHO.

Guest slipshot

Trouble is Nigel, he has had the talent but others have more. As per Vettell... the new boy on the block.

Full credit to him as he deserves it after all this time, but he should be doing this far more than his less experienced team mate and he has not been. We'll see in Hungary if this was a one-off or whether he can keep it going... For me, the key thing was that he seemed to drive far more determined than he has in the past with grit throughout the event. But good on him for showing that he can otherwise I think this would have been his last season.

I can put up with the whinging Aussies in the cricket if I remind them of the numerous pom victories in F1 over the past few years...:laugh::laugh:

Guest proud2beaussie
Thanks for the spoiler no need to bother watching it now

ummm,it's been plastered all over the internet,tv news,radio news,and newspapers since early this morning so I would hardly call it a spoiler.

Oh! Dear Nigel, you spoilsport....lol Next time you may need to start your thread something like.

"Congratulations to the person that won F1 but if you haven't seen the race yet don't click on this thread or you will know the result" or something similar...:laugh:

Guest proud2beaussie

Sorry but I'm not a mind reader and Webber is Australian so I make no apologies for celebrating his win and posting it here.

Guest proud2beaussie
Oh! Dear Nigel, you spoilsport....lol Next time you may need to start your thread something like.

"Congratulations to the person that won F1 but if you haven't seen the race yet don't click on this thread or you will know the result" or something similar...:laugh:

I know aussied,yes I'm a spoilsport,I will never post any sporting results on PIO again.

But then I watch the races anyway even though I always know who the winner is because I enjoy watching them and the result is not that important,I'm glad Webber won but I will still watch it to see HOW he did it.

Webber is one of the few aussies sportsmen i actualy like (must be because he has lived in the UK for nearly 15 yrs:wink:) but the aussie "laid back" attitude come out over the radio as he went accross the line.:biglaugh:

Archived