Guest glatvia

Guest glatvia

Hello!

Currently I plan to apply for Western Australia State sponsorship to get 176 visa. In http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/media/documents/SkilledStateSponsorshipGuidelienes_Jan09.pdf it is said that applicants must "bring sufficient funds into the State to cover settlement costs". Please comment from your practical experience about when and in what form the evidence about sufficient funds will be needed!

1. At the moment of submitting State sponsorship application?
  2. At the moment of entering Australia?
  3. Is it enough to show bank statements with account balance or they are interested in cash inflows and outflows?
  4. Is it needed to physically transfer the funds to some Australian bank account?
  5. Are real estates and mortgage payments of their interest here?
  6. Can my wife's (secondary applicant) bank accounts be counted in?

As these are rather practical issues, I would be glad to hear from someone who has actually gone through this in practice

Thanks in advance!

G

Guest gozzo

I asked part of this yesterday but not one answer, if ya don't mind I will pigiback your thread!!

Does anyone know if you have to show bank statements for fluid funds in WA?? if ya do then I'm stuffed, my money is tied up in mi house till I sell it.

Guest mcleod275

Hi Guys

It would seem that WA are one of the easier states to get SS for as they do not ask for any proof of funds. On the form you simply state the amount of money "you intend" to bring across with you. At no point did we have to provide proof of this.

Honestly guys it is so much easier than you think it is. I know some of the other states especially Qld ask for liquid assets in your account so money tied up in a house in not acceptable, however WA are not that strict.

Hope this helps.

Claire xx

Guest gozzo

Hi Claire,

Thanks for the answer, its been doing my head in, is it easy to change over from 175? My agent wants about £250 to change it over for us.

Guest mcleod275

DO NOT PAY YOUR AGENT £250 TO DO THIS :arghh:

Applying for SS is really quite simple. There is an online form that you will need complete. Most of this information you will have already supplied for your 175, e education/qualifications etc. There is also a section to give the reasons why you chose the area you are applying for. They ask you not to use more than 1,000 characters so they do not expect an essay.

The website for the State Migration Centre is:

State Migration Centre

Once you are successful with your application all you need to do is sign the form to accept and then WA will send a Form 1100 to DIAC informing them of your SS and they will change you from a 175 to 176.

I think your agent is onto a fast buck here as I bet you will have to provide most the information. If you want to PM me your email address I have got a screen dump of the online form so you can have a look at exactly what information WA will require.

Go on you can do it - think of how much you can buy with £250. We did the whole lot without an agent :laugh:.

Claire xx

Guest gozzo

Hi Claire,

I have sent you a pm with my email not sure if you got it i'm a bit crap with computers lol!!

I must admit the 175 wasn't that bad i probs could of done it myself but it just gave us peace of mind but if the change to ss is not much then it's worth doing it myself.

Thanks Simon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alansgirlfriend
DO NOT PAY YOUR AGENT £250 TO DO THIS :arghh:

Applying for SS is really quite simple. There is an online form that you will need complete. Most of this information you will have already supplied for your 175, e education/qualifications etc. There is also a section to give the reasons why you chose the area you are applying for. They ask you not to use more than 1,000 characters so they do not expect an essay.

The website for the State Migration Centre is:

State Migration Centre

Once you are successful with your application all you need to do is sign the form to accept and then WA will send a Form 1100 to DIAC informing them of your SS and they will change you from a 175 to 176.

I think your agent is onto a fast buck here as I bet you will have to provide most the information. If you want to PM me your email address I have got a screen dump of the online form so you can have a look at exactly what information WA will require.

Go on you can do it - think of how much you can buy with £250. We did the whole lot without an agent.

Claire xx

Hiya Claire

I've just been stung then. I've just paid my agent £150 to change from 175 Visa to 176. Our application has been ongoing for over a year now, we've got our medicals and police checks done, only to be sent an e mail the other day to say the DIAC would not be dealing with our application until July 2010.

We have now applied for state sponsporship and also hope to be out in Perth for Jan 2010 :yes:

Hopefully might see you out there.

Lynn

Hiya Claire

I've just been stung then. I've just paid my agent £150 to change from 175 Visa to 176. Our application has been ongoing for over a year now, we've got our medicals and police checks done, only to be sent an e mail the other day to say the DIAC would not be dealing with our application until July 2010.

We have now applied for state sponsporship and also hope to be out in Perth for Jan 2010 :yes:

Hopefully might see you out there.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

If your agent did all the work for you, then they are just charging you for that...(I know its a bit steep, but ive heard of others paying more!)

Where as other people have done the application form themselves, so no fee to pay.

Good luck...:cute:

Hi Lynn,

If your agent did all the work for you, then they are just charging you for that...(I know its a bit steep, but ive heard of others paying more!)

Where as other people have done the application form themselves, so no fee to pay.

Good luck...:cute:

wa from a 175 to a 176 is free free free

I have to say I did pay it, but to be fair the bits I was asked to complete the Agent sent back to me 3 times because I hadnt been thorough enough so I probably would not have been accepted in my application so it may have been money well spent, I will let you know if I ever get it!

Yes you are correct & that is just what I was saying....:cute:

The fee's that Lynn (& others) pay when their agent charges is just for the 'pleasure' of them doing the work/form filling in for the client...:yes:

So did our agent still free free free

hi there

our agents didn't charge for the switch over. is this something that has just started happening due to the amount of people switching visa type.

cheers john

Hi,

You dont pay anything for the switch from a 175 to 176...

But if your agent fills in the form & does the work, then they may charge you for the time they spend on it

I applied on my own, after agent gave me the link & I didnt pay any extra.

Hope that clears things up...:yes:

• 2 months later...

Hi,

i have got positive TRA assessment, and i am in (WAOIDL). do i need LELTS for WA state sponsorship visa.

What is The Full visa prosses

Thanks

If i was you i would do it yourself, easy if you do all the research. We changed from 175 to 176.Paid our agent £300!!!

Was granted ss from wa on monday gone.(makes no difference now anyway we are not on the csl) We did'nt have to provide any proof of funds at all.

Good luck with it

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys

It would seem that WA are one of the easier states to get SS for as they do not ask for any proof of funds. On the form you simply state the amount of money "you intend" to bring across with you. At no point did we have to provide proof of this.

Honestly guys it is so much easier than you think it is. I know some of the other states especially Qld ask for liquid assets in your account so money tied up in a house in not acceptable, however WA are not that strict.

Hope this helps.

Claire xx

Hi Claire and Callum,

I am in the process of applying for SS to WA as a Cook too. I was wondering if you could give me any tip or advise in filling out the application form. I have done most of it but am struggling on Q4 Select the Region you wish to settle in and Q6 research about your preffered location. I notice that Perth, Kimberley and Gascoyne are all sponsoring Cooks so any tips would be great or even a draft of your application (cheeky I know)

Many Thanks

Caz

Hi Claire and Callum,

I am in the process of applying for SS to WA as a Cook too. I was wondering if you could give me any tip or advise in filling out the application form. I have done most of it but am struggling on Q4 Select the Region you wish to settle in and Q6 research about your preffered location. I notice that Perth, Kimberley and Gascoyne are all sponsoring Cooks so any tips would be great or even a draft of your application (cheeky I know)

Many Thanks

Caz

just be honest

Hi Claire and Callum,

Many Thanks

Caz

Do your home work WA is friggin vast bigger than europe , the kimberley is far north ,brill for hols but for newby brits as with the gascoigne do yer homework else you be stuffed

• 2 months later...

Hi there. My husband and I are going to be putting our application for wa ss, but have been put off a little by how long it seems to be taking for some people. We have been hearing 6 months or so! On the website it says they a decision will be given in 10 days. Have I read this wrong? Also, do you have to wait for the sponsorship before you can put in your visa application? Any help and advice would be hugely appreciated!

Hi there. My husband and I are going to be putting our application for wa ss, but have been put off a little by how long it seems to be taking for some people. We have been hearing 6 months or so! On the website it says they a decision will be given in 10 days. Have I read this wrong? Also, do you have to wait for the sponsorship before you can put in your visa application? Any help and advice would be hugely appreciated!

Hi there,

You may like to visit a thread I am running, it gives a brilliant indicator of timelines....to date....:yes:

But yes, applications are taking quite some time to be processed..:dull:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/61412-wa-state-sponser-update-where-you-now.html

Archived