70days is up tomorrow......slowly becoming a fruit loop!...

Guest Quwa

Guest Quwa

So our 70days from when we were asked to submit extra information for our visa is up tomorrow....what do you reckon are chances are of getting are visa tomorrow or Friday?

I have been going MENTAL, pretty much like alot of people on this site right now, waiting and wishing and hoping and praying and crossing every bodily part available to me, and not necessarily belonging to me, in the hope we hear soon... I AM GOING MAD! I really cant sleep, work is just not happening and im SO tense that the slightest thing my poor OH does i bite his head off...god help him if he leaves the toilet seat up!!

So i just wanted to post and rant, i feel like the Aussie dream is closer when i post on here, rather tragic that may sound but desperation turns perfectly normal people really rather batty, has anyonelse noticed that?!!! :wacko:

So, id like to place my money on Friday, thats day 71!....I will wake up with a wee spring in my step, drive up the motorway to work, log on, click on to my favourites - yes the Aus immi site is one of my favourites, enter the now known off by heart TRN and passort number, and then and SCREAM and WHOOP at the immotal words 'Applicant approved' which WILL be infront of me.........anyone wish to bet against me!?!? do you? DO YOU!?!? :confused:

anywhooo, good luck to everyonelse waiting i truly hope everyone has the stress and nerves reduced soon and we all hear x

I think everybody with a visa has been through the same scenario.

I was waiting for 457 and that drove me bonkers with the wait.

Just be patient, and keep the wine rack well stocked :laugh:

Fingers crossed you get the golden email this week !!!!

Guest Quwa

wine rack ran out last night! devastated! will have to restock tonight! BUT there is a bottle of champers on ice just waiting ... ;o)

thanks furkew x

wine rack ran out last night! devastated! will have to restock tonight! BUT there is a bottle of champers on ice just waiting ... ;o)

thanks furkew x

Thats good forward planning with the champers :laugh:

Dont forget that you will need to empty the drinks cabinet before coming over anyway, so it could be cocktails & mixers tonight instead.

Guest Quwa

Did a cocktails sesh for the exact reason at the weekend - it hurt...alot!! ;o) and yes we do have some left so another sesh could be just the perfect plan! ;o) lol

Our co requested further info and gave us 28days to reply. We dutifully provided all the info requested, the deadline came and went. Now 2 ish maybe 3wks later the wait continues!!! Me, my wife and son are now going insane with waiting.

Hopefully you will get the magic ticket this wk, us, well all hope has nearly gone or is that our sanity has gone?? :goofy:

But, 1 thing is certain............the wait goes on and on and on and on..................

Guest juliemtaylor

Good luck with the CO, we have been given 70 days too from 2nd June and now waiting for my meds to be cleared by MOC, rest are all finalised, so we are hoping they will be finalised before the CO looks at the file again - close call for us.. Be sods law it doesn't, had too much bad luck latesly - house not selling and loosing my job.

Keep us posted as will be interested to know..

Julie x

Sarah,

Did you get your CO on the 29th of April? I did - i think 70 days is up tomorrow? Is it working days?

I only got given 28 days and that ended over a month ago!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Your not that sad, I wake up and open my emails on my iphone long before I even get out of bed, im getting that imptient I have started waking at around 4 or 5am and checking my emails then! I have no idea why, just anticipation!

Ah well, best continue to twiddle my thumbs.....

Good luck tomorrow!

Guest Quwa

Thanks for the luck and replies guys - wish i was on my own in the is situation really as it means more of us out there are going insane and it can get so miserable sometimes!!...

Elliot fam, thats rubbish! you must be going nuts! have you phoned them to ask what they are doing? Any chance you could tell me who your CO is? Be interesting to see if it the same as mine!! ;o) i will know to prepare myself! i hope you dont have much longer to wait.

Julie, so sorry you have had bad luck recently, hope you find a new job soon and hope you have a good CO who doesnt care about the 70days limit, some do look at files sooner apparantly....not mine tho!! ;o) Good luck and chin up x

Jonnosuzie - i was given 70days as of 1st May, done the '30days has september, april june and november...' rhym and D'Day (i think) is tomorow! ;o) i have read...read and reread the paperwork and it just reads 70days, nothing about working days, i god i hope it isnt working days, if it is it will bleedin Christmas!!!

I emailed the Immi peeps last week and i got a reply to say all docs requested so far ahve been recieved and its been noted on my file which is awaiting my CO......ooooh i hope he looks.

xxx

Guest Quwa

nope not mine! mines Brooke Kilpatrick..apparantly its a man!?!? ...praying he is a job worth, isnt married, has no kids, is allergic to sunshine so doesnt go on holidays and lives at work!! ;o)

Our co is Sunita someone (someone isn't her surname tho!) Each day my wife jumps out of bed much earlier than she would normally to check visa status with just a little bit of hope. We thought we'd get some news on 1st July but that came and went with nothing.

We have sent post applic' email and got a return email saying all extra info requested has been recieved but it's still not registered on document checklist. It just so frustrating. WE HATE THE WAITING!!!!!

Guest Nickpollins

Dont break out the bubbly just yet. Theres no jobs here and if you are a migrant you have no chance!!

Guest Quwa

Are docs have been recieved but havent changed online either, apparantly they sometimes dont change to met even after the visa is granted which really is NOT helpful!!!...but breathing and drinking wine....keeps me going ....for now ;o).. feeling very frazzled tho. I really hope your not kept waiting much longer! your poor wife must be knackered getting out of bed early everyday! ;o)

Guest Quwa

thanks for the positive post there nick! ;o) .....we arent going over yet, getting money together for expected delay in getting work so we have are wits about us as im sure lots of peeps on here do. Hope things arent that bad for you.

Guest bentkitty
Dont break out the bubbly just yet. Theres no jobs here and if you are a migrant you have no chance!!

Oh reading stuff likes this makes me so scared - as we are about to move there. Surely it depends on what profession you are in?? Also I was told you stand a better chance to find a job if you have a PR visa, as employers are not all that keen to sponsor people these days....

Guest bentkitty

Sarah - We got our visa granted on day 71, hope it goes the same for you!!! Crossing my fingers and toes for you and sending you lots of positive vibes!!!

Our document status on everything remained as 'required' all the way up to visa grant - then they just turned to 'applicant approved' overnight without ever going 'met' as far as I could tell, so you shouldnt worry about the online status. I gave my agent lots of grief at the time repeatedly asking if they are absolutely sure that they have loaded everything up correctly?!!!

Guest pomparry

finally got my nomination for a 457 after waiting 5 weeks and just applied for the 457 the other day, now im also really worried reading these posts - Im supposed to start my job at the end of July - (yes, that is really only 3 weeks away!). Looks like its going to be nearer 3 months. Fingers crossed for all of us waiting! :wideeyed:

Anyone got any key tips to try and help speed the process? What is a CO?!! Im supposed to be working for the government in Oz, so you'd think it might speed things up but I doubt it! :frown:

Guest Quwa

Pomparry! hello! CO is case officer, these are the peeps who process your application and pass it on to the decision makers. 3weeks time hey!? thats a very short time scale for you to work with. For peope who already have a job and a start date i have read that they do process things faster but if i were you i would phone up immi and tell them you have a start date etc just incase they dont know. 456 and 457's are the highest of high priority so you should hear pretty quick, but call them to push it through is my advise.

Bentkitty i hope we are in the same boat as you and get it on the 71st day, am having good 10th July vibes at the moment so yours are a added and much welcomed addition!! ;o) I agree with you about jobs aswell, it completelt depends on what you do. i have friends in recruitment in perth and whilst yes it is harder right now she said that i will be ok to office work, may not be my exact role as i have here and i may have to do contract work but there is work.

Close friends went over last november on a 457, the husband had the 457 job and the wife didnt but she got work within a month of being there. i really do think it completely depends on what job you do and i am 100% sure that having a PR behind you is a massive positive for employers, means your not planning on running off anytime soon!

x

Guest Nickpollins
thanks for the positive post there nick! ;o) .....we arent going over yet, getting money together for expected delay in getting work so we have are wits about us as im sure lots of peeps on here do. Hope things arent that bad for you.

Sorry mate just being a realist. 9 out of 10 migrants I know are strugglin to find ANYTHING!! I cant even get work in a super market. At the end of this week I will have applied for 500 jobs and had 2 interviews. Im on a PR visa and trust me they dont care. I dont want to scare people, just migrants need to know that it is far from easy or welcoming. However peristance will hopefully pay off but you have to expect atleast 6 months of no work.

Guest pomparry

hey, thanks for helpful info! sorry if i seem a bit dense, but who exactly would you call when you say call immigration? thanks again!!

Our co is Sunita someone (someone isn't her surname tho!) Each day my wife jumps out of bed much earlier than she would normally to check visa status with just a little bit of hope. We thought we'd get some news on 1st July but that came and went with nothing.

We have sent post applic' email and got a return email saying all extra info requested has been recieved but it's still not registered on document checklist. It just so frustrating. WE HATE THE WAITING!!!!!

Hi Our case officer is Sunita K and we have been waiting since April 24th, sent an email they replied saying they have all the information they need just waiting on a decision, Think there are many of us in the same boat it is just so FRUSTRATING!! even more so that there is no pattern or order in which the visa's are granted, its like a visa lottery!! Good Luck hope we all get good news really soon!! :jiggy:

Archived