Newbie alert!!!! help!

Guest loulouskiptomalou

Guest loulouskiptomalou

Hiya, my hubby and i are at the initial stages of emigrating so any information would be great! Anything from the best way to do things thru to whats expected at the medical part of the process? My husband had a disc removed a few yrs ago and he's worried that that might stop us from being accepted?

Cheers:spinny:

Guest grichard21

Hi,

Not sure what you have done so far, if you have got an agent or not? We used an agent which did find useful, although you can get a lot of good information from this forum.

I work in IT so had to get skills assessed by ACS before I could apply for my visa. We then did our medicals once they were requested by our Case Officer.

The medicals were fine, the do your height, weight, BP, HIV test, eye test and urine test and a chest x-ray. They do ask about previous operations etc but maybe depends on what was done. I think they are more interested if you have something that is expensive to treat.

Hopefull some of this info. is useful

do your research. Be very careful and read the small print and ask as many awkward questions as possible. The rules all changed on July 1st and there are many people who will not be able to migrate unless there is a job to go to. Apparently 2.5 million applications to migrate were received by DIAC in 2008 and only 133,000 were approved. That's why agents are still in business.

If you want to move in the current decade you have no chance unless you have an exceptional skill. Current applications will all be delayed at least another year. WA are only able to process 36 applications a week and they have a big pile waiting. Queensland have removed all skills from their on demand list.

In case you are wondering I am one of the most positive and upbeat people you will meet in this industry, however the truth is Australian migration is in meltdown and unless you tread very carefully you could end up paying loads of money with no chance of a result in the short or medium term. If you truely want to go to Australia and you fit one of the criteria (GSM, 457 or RSMS) you will get there. Good Luck.

Guest loulouskiptomalou
Hi,

Not sure what you have done so far, if you have got an agent or not? We used an agent which did find useful, although you can get a lot of good information from this forum.

I work in IT so had to get skills assessed by ACS before I could apply for my visa. We then did our medicals once they were requested by our Case Officer.

The medicals were fine, the do your height, weight, BP, HIV test, eye test and urine test and a chest x-ray. They do ask about previous operations etc but maybe depends on what was done. I think they are more interested if you have something that is expensive to treat.

Hopefull some of this info. is useful

thanks for that!! have neen told that my husband will get 100 points because of job said we need 120 to be accepted but because i have family out there already we only need 100! fingers crossed! We have to pay £340 to get the ball rolling,thru an agent.. :wubclub:

Guest loulouskiptomalou
do your research. Be very careful and read the small print and ask as many awkward questions as possible. The rules all changed on July 1st and there are many people who will not be able to migrate unless there is a job to go to. Apparently 2.5 million applications to migrate were received by DIAC in 2008 and only 133,000 were approved. That's why agents are still in business.

If you want to move in the current decade you have no chance unless you have an exceptional skill. Current applications will all be delayed at least another year. WA are only able to process 36 applications a week and they have a big pile waiting. Queensland have removed all skills from their on demand list.

In case you are wondering I am one of the most positive and upbeat people you will meet in this industry, however the truth is Australian migration is in meltdown and unless you tread very carefully you could end up paying loads of money with no chance of a result in the short or medium term. If you truely want to go to Australia and you fit one of the criteria (GSM, 457 or RSMS) you will get there. Good Luck.

thank you for that, yr information is very usefull to me, thing is how do u chose carefully when u have had no experience of this sort of thing before? I chose Global Visa as it was one of the top of the list when i googled looking for an agent, seems very professional too. The fees for agent are £1,496 then £1000 for medical etc and an extra £950 but i cant rem what my hubby said that was for. My only worry is to pay all that money and not be accepted. As i said in my previous post the agent said my husbands job could be recognised as an (over qualified) project manager gaining 100 points.. and we only need 100 points as i have family living over there.. said it would take 12-18 months all together but only a matter of a month to find out if we would be accepted.. does this sound right?

thanks

louise x

Most Migration agents charge a fee to do the assessment to stop time wasters. In my view you should only pay a migration agent to do the assssment with no obligation to pay any further fees.

in some cases the process is an exact science and in others it is not. I am not a MARA agent so I set my own rules. I am happy to provide an assessment for no charge to assess your options. The current climate is very difficult for everyone.

The migration agents must be finding it hard to convince someone to submit an application when DIAC are saying unless on a preferential list you have no chance this decade. You should either hang on to your money and wait until the world returns to some sort of normality (if anyone give you a date when this will be they should be avoided) or try and fined an employer so you can use the 457 or RSMS visa. I must apologise for that last option as it is almost impossible to find an employer on your own. I help people relocate to Australia and part of my service is to find my clients an employer. My sales are down 60% this year. There are employers out there but just submitting resumes on a hope and a prayer is not worth the effort. If you want to talk call me on 01525 888215 Bridges Relocation. Tony Mooney I won't be offended if you don't.

Guest loulouskiptomalou
Most Migration agents charge a fee to do the assessment to stop time wasters. In my view you should only pay a migration agent to do the assssment with no obligation to pay any further fees.

in some cases the process is an exact science and in others it is not. I am not a MARA agent so I set my own rules. I am happy to provide an assessment for no charge to assess your options. The current climate is very difficult for everyone.

The migration agents must be finding it hard to convince someone to submit an application when DIAC are saying unless on a preferential list you have no chance this decade. You should either hang on to your money and wait until the world returns to some sort of normality (if anyone give you a date when this will be they should be avoided) or try and fined an employer so you can use the 457 or RSMS visa. I must apologise for that last option as it is almost impossible to find an employer on your own. I help people relocate to Australia and part of my service is to find my clients an employer. My sales are down 60% this year. There are employers out there but just submitting resumes on a hope and a prayer is not worth the effort. If you want to talk call me on 01525 888215 Bridges Relocation. Tony Mooney I won't be offended if you don't.

thank you for that! Would u mind if i asked your occupation? I have noted your number and will ask my husband to ring you,if thats ok.. this agent is the only one we have approached so far--he seemed reliable and has onyl asked for 340 pound up front for the field assessor to do his work..

Guest grichard21

In case you are interested I hear a lot of people giving go-matilda good reviews as migration agent.

Guest loulouskiptomalou
In case you are interested I hear a lot of people giving go-matilda good reviews as migration agent.

thanks ill look into that one!

Guest loulouskiptomalou

Scratch that last post.. i googled you... so.. if we were accepted your job is to help my husband find a job in Oz?

Guest loulouskiptomalou
have a look at www.bridgesrelocation.com it gives you loads of information about me and what I do.

thank you i just did... looks expensive though.. but.. if yr saying 'u have to have the right connections' to be accepted.. maybe it would be worth a chat?

Archived