Guest ianthomas

what year will my daughter be in?

Guest ianthomas

We are moving to perth this year and my daughter wants to know what school year she will be in. She is 13 years old, and after the summer holidays she would have been going into year 9 in england, is it the same in perth? also does anybody know anything about st stephens school, carramar? Thanks for your help :hug:

BYE GUYS

We are moving to perth this year and my daughter wants to know what school year she will be in. She is 13 years old, and after the summer holidays she would have been going into year 9 in england, is it the same in perth? also does anybody know anything about st stephens school, carramar? Thanks for your help :hug:

BYE GUYS

When is her birthday?

Guest Skippyplus6

Hi. I'm a newbie on this site and was wondering if anybody knows what the education is like in WA state primary schools for children with dyslexia. Can anybody help please?

Guest ianthomas

thanks for your help sue,

i will get on that link,

ian.

Hi. I'm a newbie on this site and was wondering if anybody knows what the education is like in WA state primary schools for children with dyslexia. Can anybody help please?

Hi

I'd start a new thread in the education forum, you may get some answers.

Good luck

Sue x

IELTS, ACS RPL, Feb 26th 09 175 online lodged

Guest dawn42

Hi

W are due to move to Perth this October we have two children aged 12 & 13 I contacted one school with childrens details. My initial thoughts were that they would start years 8 & 9 In Feb 2010 as they would have here Sept 2009. But I was contacted by the school who informed me that my 13 year old ( birthday in October will be 14) could infact start in year 10, and that once we arrived to make appontment for an interview.

Cheers Dawn

Guest Skippyplus6
Hi

I'd start a new thread in the education forum, you may get some answers.

Good luck

Sue x

Thanks Sue. I'll look in to doing that. Got to learn how to do it!

Go to the education forum and click orange box titled New Thread then click submit post when you've written it.

Give us a shout if you get stuck!

Sue x

IELTS, ACS RPL, Feb 26th 09 175 online lodged

Guest BullcreekBob
Hi

W are due to move to Perth this October we have two children aged 12 & 13 I contacted one school with childrens details. My initial thoughts were that they would start years 8 & 9 In Feb 2010 as they would have here Sept 2009. But I was contacted by the school who informed me that my 13 year old ( birthday in October will be 14) could infact start in year 10, and that once we arrived to make appontment for an interview.

Cheers Dawn

The Yr 10 bit sounds correct.

Being born October 1995 kids start high school (Year 8) in the year they turn 13 i.e. 2008, so Yr 9 in 2009 and Yr 10 in 2010.

As for your other child, don't just assume that being a year younger means they will be one year behind, it might be two years behing depending on when they were born.

If your other child was born in 1996, then they will be a year behind the eldest.

The rules changed for kids born in 1997 or later. Only kids born in the first half of the year, start school as per the above rule, kids born after July need to wait till the following year before they start school.

So if your youngest was born 1/1/97 to 30/6/97 they would be in Yr 8 in 2010 but if they were born 1/7/97 to 31/12/97 they would be Yr 7 in 2010

HTH

Guest dawn42

Thanks that makes sense, daughter born April 97 so hopefully will start in year 8.

cheers Dawn.