and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest jeff

lead work

Guest jeff

Hi

i hope someone can help me. I'm a roof tiler in england and 40% of my work is lead work (chimney flashing etc ) is this a roofers job in oz

we have our visa we are moving to perth in september

Guest TONYL

hi jeff i am slater tiler 28 yrs going to melbuorne next jan fancied perth at first but mate of mine 26yrs of roofing has lived there 20yrs said tiling very competative so come to melb where all slating is plus plenty of lead dressing to do tonyl44 collette 33 matt 5 hattie 3

Me also 17 years experience and thankfully a NVQ level 3 TRA sent off, hoping for Brissie area. The more imformation the better. Last 1 there stinks :huh: Oh just remembered we all do:skeptical:

Guest michele'n'michael
hi jeff i am slater tiler 28 yrs going to melbuorne next jan fancied perth at first but mate of mine 26yrs of roofing has lived there 20yrs said tiling very competative so come to melb where all slating is plus plenty of lead dressing to do tonyl44 collette 33 matt 5 hattie 3

Hi Tonyl i've spoke to you before my oh is a roofer,tiler ,cross dresser, oops I mean lead dresser!!:biglaugh: Are there as many opportunities in oz for roofers as were lead to believe?? Brissy on our way!! thanx mich&mick x

Hi Lads (guessing most of you are asking this question - if any lady roofers sorry in advance) :biglaugh:

asked my hubby who is carpenter by trade and he says that not alot of lead etc used on roofs over here in oz, most roofs are tiled or tin as not many chimneys here therefore no flashing !!!!!

** Here There,Where Ever Be Happy**

Guest TONYL

hi mich mike i have wanted to live abroad but never got to it my mate went 1987 time serverd slater like me he has never looked back but said first few years was hard he came back for hols 3 times now got 4 bed3 bath pool games room just lt you know spoke to him 2weeks ago loads of work in melb just a thought if mike likes tiling then brissie ok if he likes slating then go south also i have worried my self at 44 with 2 kids at 5 and 3 am i doing rght thing but is them i am doing it for anyway good luck 2 both of you tonyl

Guest michele'n'michael
hi mich mike i have wanted to live abroad but never got to it my mate went 1987 time serverd slater like me he has never looked back but said first few years was hard he came back for hols 3 times now got 4 bed3 bath pool games room just lt you know spoke to him 2weeks ago loads of work in melb just a thought if mike likes tiling then brissie ok if he likes slating then go south also i have worried my self at 44 with 2 kids at 5 and 3 am i doing rght thing but is them i am doing it for anyway good luck 2 both of you tonyl

Hi again Tony, do you know if my OH will have to do any re training in Ox as a roof liler(by the way he says he prefers tiling to slating!!) Cheers Mich xx