Dependants on family visa query

Guest Julie&Martin

Guest Julie&Martin

Hi all

Visa finally went off today after having to wait for letters from accountant, inland revenue etc as OH is self-employed.

We are also trying to get our daughter on our application who is 18 you need proof that they are still financially dependant on you. So we had to wait for a letter from her NVQ placements, also bank statements and payslips had to be sent.

Anyone else managed/trying to get their 18 yr old on their visa?

Julie

Guest clayton gang

Hi Julie and Martin.

We have 3 dependant children aged 22, 20 and 17. They want to know everything. It took months to get all the information together but, so far so good we have all had our medicals and they have not asked for any further information.

Jenny and Mark

Guest THE JONEZYS

We convinced our 18yo to stay on at college for another year, made things easier......just meant we had to keep him in beer money for a bit longer!!

Lesley

oo arrrr help

:wacko:

we have a 21yr old and 17yr old that we putting on our visa application

what sort of information have you had to give???

21yr old has got me a letter from uni stating that he is a full time student, trouble is he finishes in June, they have put this date on the letter, so what happens then?

17yr old finishes college in July and is applying to uni, we are going through the motions just in case BUT I am hoping that we will at least have a CO by the time we have to actually commit

I am trying to get 21yr old to look at doing his masters at Melbourne uni but as he is in the middle of revising for 3yr exams and finishing course work and not happy about move, I can't put too much on him

I am also hoping that 17yr old will start uni in Melbourne rather than here BUT she is not happy about that either

:twitcy: more stress to come...........

:unsure: one step at a time.......

Guest clayton gang
oo arrrr help

:wacko:

we have a 21yr old and 17yr old that we putting on our visa application

what sort of information have you had to give???

21yr old has got me a letter from uni stating that he is a full time student, trouble is he finishes in June, they have put this date on the letter, so what happens then?

17yr old finishes college in July and is applying to uni, we are going through the motions just in case BUT I am hoping that we will at least have a CO by the time we have to actually commit

I am trying to get 21yr old to look at doing his masters at Melbourne uni but as he is in the middle of revising for 3yr exams and finishing course work and not happy about move, I can't put too much on him

I am also hoping that 17yr old will start uni in Melbourne rather than here BUT she is not happy about that either

:twitcy: more stress to come...........

:unsure: one step at a time.......

We had to give proof of shopping bills, driving lessons, allowances, holidays we paid for, rent and anything else.

That took us quite some time trying to find all the information and provide receipts. I think our application would have been lodged sooner if it was not for that. Hopefully our agent covered everything.

Jenny and Mark

I think I am going to have a problem there,

son has more or less paid for everything to do with uni apart from some stationary and the first terms accomodation,

I have bought him clothes and we paid flights and accomodation when we went to Oz in Dec 05 and the food bill does go up considerably when he is home:huh: , BUT I do not think I can find rec that go back very far - hubby is a shredding freak :wideeyed:

our address is his main address as he has stayed in halls for the all 3 yrs and I am just about to pay out for new glasses, we pay to run the car he uses, I can proove those

I only stopped paying his allowance this year, or maybe it was last year???

He gave his part tiime job up at xmas because he knew that he was in for a lot of hard studying, yes contrary to popular opinion some students do actually study:biglaugh:

this is good it is taking my mind off the fact that my bally TRA is still not back, I need to be distracted until Mon eve/Tues morning when I am hoping the letter has reached my agent and he will instantly e mail or ring me, thanks for info, going to root about for rec etc

oo, just remembered don't say root about in Oz, my sis said to her boss 'I'll have a root about and see if I can find that document' she and got a very shocked look, it means something else entirely:Randy-git:

Guest clayton gang

Hi Julie

Another good thing to get is a letter from the council that states he is on the voting register from your address. That also proves he still lives with you. Do pay for is dental treatment if so get proof from his dentist and like you said buying his glasses also count.

Jenny

Guest Julie&Martin

Hi Jenny

Thanks for the useful information, I expect we are in for some more probing. Just have to wait and see.

Julie

My son is 19 and we didn't have to supply anything like that, we just stated that he was in full time education and I still received family allowance he was not employed and lived with us and that we paid for everything. We were not asked to provide proof and were granted our visas 2 weeks ago. Hope this helps

Lol x

• 2 months later...
Guest jacquie
Hi all

Visa finally went off today after having to wait for letters from accountant, inland revenue etc as OH is self-employed.

We are also trying to get our daughter on our application who is 18 you need proof that they are still financially dependant on you. So we had to wait for a letter from her NVQ placements, also bank statements and payslips had to be sent.

Anyone else managed/trying to get their 18 yr old on their visa?

Julie

yes we are trying at the moment we completed the form 47a but have heard nothing from the case officer in two weeks, i don't know whether that is a good or a bad sign. The waiting is killing us.

Archived