OZ 3rd happiest place on earth

Guest sparkyinoz

Guest sparkyinoz

Australia scored third place, but other major Western nations did poorly, with Britain coming in at 74th place and the United States at 114th.

Costa Rica is the happiest place on Earth, and one of the most environmentally friendly, according to a new survey by a British non-governmental group, which puts Australia in third place.

I knew it was'nt only me that felt this way AUSTRALIA what a great place to live, especially QUEENSLAND.....................

Dont give up hope with your visa applications its all worth it in the end ....................

Guest proud2beaussie

I would be very interested to learn how the newspapers came up with the fact that Australia was 3rd,I downloaded the whole report,all 5mb's of it and yes Costa Rica is 1st and Britain 74th but I can only find Australia in 102nd place.

http://www.happyplanetindex.org/public-data/files/happy-planet-index-2-0.pdf

The Dominican Republic and Jamaica are in 2nd and 3rd place.

Seems to be anther waste of time and money,and no I'm not saying that because of where Australia is,I reckon the New Economics Foundation is another quango in the best traditions of Yes Minister.

But that's only my opinion.

Guest proud2beaussie

sparkyinoz,I take your point but I can only download the 2009 report from the website .and that's what I did.

And from what I can see the UK has improved from 108th place in the 2006 survey to 74th this time.

Guest guest30038
I

The Dominican Republic and Jamaica are in 2nd and 3rd place.

Well they bloody would be, wouldn't they?....................with all that ganja floating around.:biglaugh:

kev

Guest slipshot

Having read the same report as Nigel, I can certainly agree that Australia being second is a complete myth... do wish people would get their facts right.

Actual top 10 is...

1. Costa Rica

2. Dominian Republic

3. Jamaica

4. Guetamala

5. Vietnam

6. Colombia

7. Cuba

8. El Salvador

9. Brazil

10. Honduras

Everything else Nigel says is correct as well, in regards the placings. Just goes to show it's less about the economy and more about other things, but then like all surveys, it all depends on the measurements used. Still, very interesting...

What!? The British are considerably happier than the Australians?! Well, guess that means I'm still in the right place then...

HOWEVER, I digress. I think that report is a load of old toss!!

FACT: I would be happier there than here and I KNOW it!! :jimlad:

Archived