Spouse Visa Timescales

Guest Hunters117

Guest Hunters117

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to read this email.

Does any one know how long it takes on average for a spouse application to be processed from London? The waiting is driving us mad!!!

The Hunter Family

Guest lolly

Sorry Hunters cant answer your question but i'll be keeping an eye on your thread as we'll be applying for hubbys Spouse visa in a few months.

I thought they only took a matter of weeks. When did you apply?

Hi

The London office received hubby's application on 24th July 2007 and on the 24th August 2007 we received an email to say visa had be granted.

We did send in a front loaded application, although in this time they did email to ask for a few more details i.e. complete a Form 80 and a certified copy of our sons birth certificate.

Good luck!

Sam xx

Guest lolly

to anyone that has already applied for their spouse visa.....

we dont know anyone with an aus passport that we can ask for a stat dec from so will only be using UK ones. Do these stat decs have to actually be signed infront of a notary or solicitor? Gonna be a right pain if they do - dragging people to the sols with us.

Lolly

Do you mean the declaration friends have to make about your relationship? If so I didn't know anyone with a Oz passport so I had my English friends write the declaration and as one friend works in the police office, she got an officer to witness her signature and another friend's hubby is a Magistrate so he witnessed her signing the other declaration.

They didn't have a problem with this.

Hope this helps.

Sam xx

Guest lolly

Thanks Sam - Did you only do the 2? My neighbour is a Registered Pyshcologist so i'll get her to witness them then. phew :jiggy:

Hunters - sorry for jumpin on your thread :notworthy:

Guest lolly

Brisbane I think. Hubby is an IT project manager so as the job market still looks good there next year then its Brissie here we come. Gonna apply for his visa in Sep/Oct and probably move over sept 2008 - seems like a really long time but I know it will go fast once we have applied and start looking at putting house on market. Have just sorted mine and kids Aus passports so they are ready.

What about you?

Lauren x

Hi Lauren

We going to Perth but not sure when! Hubby keeps on that he needs to learn more at work (he's a bricklayer) before he is confident enough to go over there and get a job! Think we will be going next year now, fingers crossed anyway! I don't want to push him as then we'll get there and he may end up resenting me, think it's best to wait until he is 100%!

You probably know this already but when you apply for a visa and it's granted it is valid for one year from the date of either the medicals or police checks, which ever was the earliest. So my hubby got his police check beginning of June 2006, but I didn't send of application until end July 2006, but when visa was granted he had to validate it by 2/6/07, one year from the date of the police check.

Worth knowing if you don't already!

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Sam xxx

Guest Hunters117

Hi

We applied towards the end of Jan 07 but didn't front load the application.

We got confirmation back within the week requesting meds, police check etc and they have had everthing they requested since the end of March.

I emailed the CO last week and he sent the meds had been sent to Sydney which is worrying and we aren't sure this is standard or not!? We kind of thought that we would hear one way or the other quite quickly.

How does everyone else cope with the waiting??

Guest Sammy G

Interesting Thread. My boyf are I are in the throws of applying for the spouse visa now, I'm English and he's aussie and we are applying to go back to Sydney.

With regards to the Statutory Declarations, we are getting as many people as possible to fill these out but as long as you have the minimum of 2 then it shouldn't be a problem. And all you need is someone like bank manager, nurse, anyone of authority really.

My man & I are wondering the exact same thing-the time scale for the visa issuing.. to be honest though, more than anything it will just be a relief to get the dam visa sent off!

Everyday its another check list and what have we done, what we need to do, who we need to chase up-its exhausting!

Good luck to all

xxx

Guest koala12

Hi,

My spouse visa came through fairly quickly once they had all the relevant documentation so fingers crossed you won't have to wait too long.

Guest Hunters117

Thanks eveyone,

I really want to pester the CO but don't want to annoy him too much.

Good Luck Everyone.

Archived