Jump to content
Guest Gazzer

UK Tax returns

Recommended Posts

Guest Gazzer

Hi All,


Does anybody know what tax offsets you can claim against while filing your UK tax returns if you are living in Oz and still have a property in the UK?


Another boring tax question, I know, but i need to save the little bit of profit I have actually made during this tax year!



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you looked into claiming a tax deduction for the depreciation of items that are depreciable under Australian tax law? For example, hot water systems, washing machines, floor coverings, etc?


Consider taking professional advice if not (costs of which should also be tax deductible).


Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now