You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

purplelady

Case Officer wants Evidence of Relationship even though married?

Hi can anyone advise us, we are applying for 175 and got assigned a Case Officer this week who just wants Police Checks and evidence of my Husbands current job - but also said he wants evidence of our de facto relationship for 12 months prior to our application date which was 3rd February 2009.

We only married in December 2008 - is this why they are asking for this? We thought that as we were married and had sent the certificate with the original application we did not need all the other evidence?

It does not tell us how much evidence we need to give either, just mentions things like tenancy agreement, holiday bookings and personal declarations. We are struggling to find anything joint from before February 2008 as our current address has only been joint since May 2008 - this is over 12 months from now but not from the date of application - does anyone know if that will be acceptable?

Can anyone put my mind at rest as Im now panicking that if we have no evidence dated bofre February 2008 we will be rejected - do you think this will happen?

Many thanks in advance - Amy x :v_SPIN:

Amy and Paul in Perth :animal-cat:

Visa 175 3/2/2009 Application Submitted ,1/7/ 2009 Assigned Case Officer,18/08/2009 - Visa Granted! 10/9/2009 Visa Validated!

Guest ashmalog

Hi Amy

we received our visa last dec and we had been married 13 yrs at the time of our application. we had to provide a statement of our relationship which needed to include how we supported each other emotionally, financially and physically from the time we met. this was about 500 words and we each did a seperate statement. i forwarded on invitations, joint bank statements, mortgage statements etc. anything that is in joint names. we had no problems. we also got a friend to supply a statutory declaration on how long they have known us as a couple.

hoping you dont have too much trouble.

good luck

Mine was a Former Resident Visa but i knew we would have to prove our relationship of 18 years so sent a few photos, old valentines day card (from the early years!) 4 bank statements from the start and every 4-5 years after and 2 bills with both our names - council tax and a gas one. We only married 3 years ago.

Send what you think is relevant and if anything else is needed your c.o will tell you. Ours was really nice.

EDIT: just realised you are asking about being together for a year. Like Ashmalog said get family/friend to do a statutory declaration to say they have known you as a couple for so long and this is a long term relationship etc.

x

47SV Special Migrant Former Resident Visa Applied 15.9.08 Granted 10.3.09

Arrived 19.9.09 Lovin' it!!

Guest southerngent

We had to provide evidence so I sent are two kids by parcel force. Apparently they have not been recieved yet, Ausralian customs are so slow these days.

I hope diac return the evidence for our application or my misses will kill me when she finds out where they went she thinks theyve gone to buy some sweets.

We had to provide evidence so I sent are two kids by parcel force. Apparently they have not been recieved yet, Ausralian customs are so slow these days.

I hope diac return the evidence for our application or my misses will kill me when she finds out where they went she thinks theyve gone to buy some sweets.

:laugh: sorry to go off topic, but i just wanted to say thanks for the laugh, im having a really bad day so it was just what i needed :laugh:

Emma

x

457 Visa Granted 4th June....Flying to Perth 6th July!!

JUST Starting To Settle & Enjoy Life In Perth!

PR Granted 22nd December 2011

Citizenship Granted 28th August 2013!

Guest siamsusie

:laugh:that made me chuckle southerngent, nice and quiet where you are now is it?:hug:

Guest toria

Hi we are just looking for evidence to prove our relationship as well, my agent asked me to look out some photos etc, but I can't believe after 17 years how little photos we have together, they all seem to be pictures of us both after the birth of our 3 children and when I say just after I really mean just after so they are not the kind of photos you want anyone to see. I have phoned everyone asking do you have any pictures of us together so I have managed to gather some but usually it is either me and the kids or him with the kids. Next thing will be a Mr&Mrs game show assessment.

Toria

Hey purplelady im am in the process of doing mine at the moment and its not as east as i first thought but i managed to get examples of how it should be layed out and what ti include.

Iam new to all this so i will try and PM you the downloads that my agent sent to me.

Hipe you find them as useful as i did.

x

I dont know how or if you can attach docs to these things lol. But if you want the drafts i have pm me your email and will happly send you them.

Nothing worse than not having a clue

x