Sign in to follow this  
Guest RogerandTracey

Skilled – Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887)

Guest RogerandTracey

Hi

We are currently living in Brisbane on a Visa 496 and will be able to apply for PR visa 887 in October 09.

Has anyone applied for visa 887 yet?

If so how long does this stage take?

Guest jam jar

hi

yep' weve applied for the 887 visa, (prior to that on a 495),

did the application online, easy enough, a bit tedious though, as they seem to ask for the same information over and over.

when we applied, it said the processing time was around 5 months, we applied on the 5th feb 09 and our 887 visa's were granted on the 5th may 09.

so took exactly 3 months.

good luck

joanna

Guest RogerandTracey

Many Thanks Joanna

Guest debcat
Hi

We are currently living in Brisbane on a Visa 496 and will be able to apply for PR visa 887 in October 09.

Has anyone applied for visa 887 yet?

If so how long does this stage take?

Colin and I applied for our 887 visa online August 9th, holders of 495 in SA since May 2007. Fingers crossed not too long as it's preying on our minds more than we would have thought. We know we have a case officer as the GSMB update stated applications lodged before August 17th have been allocated but so far we haven't heard anything. On other forums I'm hearing applicants are being asked for Aus police clearances and further medicals, if this happens try to negotiate with your case officer as some relent and say not necessary. Good luck, will keep you updated. Debcat.x

Guest Gihan

Hi Tracey ,

Did you apply for 887 on line ?

I too hold 496 ( relative sponsored from melbourne) and will be applying for 887 soon. One issue i came across in E-visa is the designated area link that was mentioned in the on line application !! it directs only to the stet or territory areas ( without the major cities) and not the designated area for relative which include all the major cities ? what did you state in that 2nd question?

Will help me to apply mine on line ?

Guest mihira

HI Gihan

I am holding 475 (relative sponsored ) and we are applying 887 soon . I have come across the same issue in E-visa . could you please tell me that how did you apply for 887

regards

Mihira

Hi Tracey ,

Did you apply for 887 on line ?

I too hold 496 ( relative sponsored from melbourne) and will be applying for 887 soon. One issue i came across in E-visa is the designated area link that was mentioned in the on line application !! it directs only to the stet or territory areas ( without the major cities) and not the designated area for relative which include all the major cities ? what did you state in that 2nd question?

Will help me to apply mine on line ?

Guest Gihan
HI Gihan

I am holding 475 (relative sponsored ) and we are applying 887 soon . I have come across the same issue in E-visa . could you please tell me that how did you apply for 887

regards

Mihira

Apply by post.

Start collecting all documents and apply on the day that you complete the requirements.

if all is well then they will give you a reply within a month.

Cheers !

Guest mihira

Thanks a lot Gihan

Apply by post.

Start collecting all documents and apply on the day that you complete the requirements.

if all is well then they will give you a reply within a month.

Cheers !